• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JOA

Reaction score
When do you expect to get new Gitman Vintage?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Alright well I can wait until July for more info. I'm in talks with Aero atm to see if they can do a slim fitting leather jacket but I havent ordered anything yet. What I love about Aero is the leather they use. The chrome tanned horsehide from Horween (I assume) is just fantastic looking with age. It's thick enough to be a serious leather jacket but you can get a medium weight for a more fashion style jacket while remaining rugged unlike (Zegna IMO). So can you tell us what kind of leather its going to be? You don't need to release who you're working with or the style of jacket

Cool. Our leather will absolutely be on par with what Aero is using. This thing is going to be a serious heirloom piece which will age incredibly. More details to come soon - I promise.

Originally Posted by 70gransport
Wow, I'm gone for a week and I come back to find out sweaters will be on the table this fall! How fantastic. The chunky knit sounds interesting and I'm sure will be great. Can't wait to see what else is coming down the pipe.

Yes sir! We're finalizing the fit and details on those Canadian shawl neck's right now. I've got some killer colors for it too.

Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
Mike - I have a question about the mcnairy neckties - How do you think they look on taller gentlemen? I am 6'3" with a relatively long torso. Just wondering what you think they would look like dimensionally and everything (i.e. would it be a big guy with a little tie situation).

Let me know if you can please!

Originally Posted by JBG
Well the Gant bonded Parka kept calling my name and I finally caved in. I'm sure I will get a lot of wear out of it here in socal from fall through spring, although not so much at the moment
smile.gif

Good call - you're going to love that jacket. I wore the hell out of mine this past Spring. It's quite wind resistant, so you can also make it through fairly chilly days when you layer it with a sweater.

Originally Posted by houjitomasu
Big guy in a little tie is certainly better than a fat guy a little coat.

Keep up the great work Mike and Adele! I can't wait until more lawn ginghams come in!

Thank you sir! We'll holler at you once they arrive.

Originally Posted by 1969
Are the New Rivet Chinos coming out in the next week?

Probably two weeks. I expect LA to finish them in the next 7 days or so, and then ship them to us in NYC.

Originally Posted by JOA
When do you expect to get new Gitman Vintage?

I've got a Purple Overdye Oxford and a Navy Overdye Oxford shipping between now and 7/15. The price will be $150 on them. I'm carrying XS through Large. Drop me a line if you'd like to reserve a unit or two.

The rest of our collection will come in the Fall. We're doing some of the specialty pieces that Context launched today and a run of Grape, Red, and Blue Chambrays.

samsterdam

Reaction score
That linen micro-gingham is calling my name. As are the blue rivet chinos. I already have a pair of the british khaki and am in love. They're my favorite pair of pants right now.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey mike - you quoted me but didn't answer! Please let me know your thoughts on the ties for bigger guys. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
Mike - I have a question about the mcnairy neckties - How do you think they look on taller gentlemen? I am 6'3" with a relatively long torso. Just wondering what you think they would look like dimensionally and everything (i.e. would it be a big guy with a little tie situation).

Let me know if you can please!

Oh sorry that I missed responding the first time. The length on these is a standard 58" and we've definitely sold them to customers your height in the store. But if you have a really long torso, you might want to compare that length against a tie that you already own.

In terms of the width, these are a great option for a larger guy who wants a slimmer tie. The width is only a bit thinner than the usual Brooks Brothers specs, but the end on them is a lot wider, so the entire tie maintains a fairly straight shape going up to the collar. It somehow looks slimmer without actually being slimmer.

One of our regular customers is a lawyer here in Brooklyn. He's bought every McNairy tie that we carry. He finds them conservative enough to wear to his firm, but likes the fact that they have this small design quirk which sets them apart from the pack.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i am going for it - grabbed a mcnairy oxford, two ties, and the rivet chinos :)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samsterdam
That linen micro-gingham is calling my name. As are the blue rivet chinos. I already have a pair of the british khaki and am in love. They're my favorite pair of pants right now.

Awesome - really glad that you like them! Special editions chino's should be landing really soon.

Originally Posted by kgmessier
Just picked up a lavender micro-check. Hawt!

Thank you sir!

thirdman

Reaction score
There have probably already been enough comments on the chinos, but for what it's worth I just got my pair taken in at the waist and now that they fit here are my thoughts: they seem to be quite well made, infinitely better than most mall-brand chinos, and feel as though they'll last a long time, they definitely seem to be a bargain at $135; I like the slightly olive khaki much, much better than the more yellow 'Gap'-style chino; the fit is really good, I'd prefer a slightly higher rise (just .5 inch or so) and maybe a touch longer (I am 6'3") but those are just nits, thankfully they're a completely different species from the standard-issue dad chinos. Good work!

Now you just need to offer them in more fabrics!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
BTW Mike, it's my birthday today. Any discounts?
smile.gif

Ah, happy birthday! Keep an eye out in your box, they'll be a lil' something inside.

Originally Posted by thirdman
There have probably already been enough comments on the chinos, but for what it's worth I just got my pair taken in at the waist and now that they fit here are my thoughts: they seem to be quite well made, infinitely better than most mall-brand chinos, and feel as though they'll last a long time, they definitely seem to be a bargain at $135; I like the slightly olive khaki much, much better than the more yellow 'Gap'-style chino; the fit is really good, I'd prefer a slightly higher rise (just .5 inch or so) and maybe a touch longer (I am 6'3") but those are just nits, thankfully they're a completely different species from the standard-issue dad chinos. Good work!

Now you just need to offer them in more fabrics!

Thanks for picking them up - and thanks for the detailed feedback. Really glad that you're pleased with them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, and just a heads-up - I'm flying to LA tomorrow, so I won't be on the forum as much as usual. I'm going to oversee our production, work some new pieces out for Fall, have a few meetings, get drunk with Joel K of KZO, take pictures, eat a maple bacon donut, go to the beach, and listen to a lot of Tupac while stuck in traffic.

I love LA!

Also, in case you guys didn't catch this, we an interview recently with "Commerce with a Conscience." It's one of my favorite blogs, and Brad asked a lot of solid questions. Check it out when you have a minute:
http://www.commercewithaconscience.i...light-epaulet/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads