1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Senior member

Hey Mike, is there an ETA for the sweatshirt? And will it launch in NY too?

2. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Ok, I just watched "It's a wonderful life." I need a tweed suit.

2 people like this.
  3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

That style is classic, isn't it? I know it gets dicey picking out icons, but I saw a photo of Duke Ellington the other day and you can just stop and wonder at a man's style.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Just grabbed the engineer shirt and a t-shirt. Can't wait to get my hands on them and get them out in person!

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Outfit inspired by Chris's story:
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. wsumarine

wsumarine Senior member

Well, bummer. I got an email from Adele that the website inventory was wrong and they are out of navy duck Walts in my size.

I substituted for the grey sanded canvas and she matched the price. A small price difference, but I wanted to give her a thanks on SF for the cust. service.

Anyone here have the grey sanded canvas? What do you think of 'em?

7. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I do. It's a really nice and soft fabric. I wear them to semi formal events or out at nights.

1 person likes this.
  8. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike-

My question above got lost in the EPLA drop excitement. Also, the jeans look great, cannot wait for the Bond fit. Is there still a plan for undershirts?

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

That's nothing. I watch that movie, and I want to move into a Victorian in Upstate NY. Your desire is much more reasonable. I'd need to sell a hell of a lot more ties if I want an upstate Victorian!

I always marvel at this kind of stuff. The "style" that just doesn't seem to exist. I think a lot of it is context. Its a lifestyle, a feel that old movies and pictures brings forth and I think our modern lives is just so difficult to duplicate.

I was just thinking this morning about how cool it would have been to live in those times...things seemed so much more elegant and simple, and no matter how hard we try today, we're just bombarded with images that trick our brains into thinking more is more. But then, I think about all the other stuff that those folks had to deal with that we take for granted. We can travel the world with the blink of an eye. We have our health in our grasps a lot more than they did. We have cool shit like EP and bourbon (and whatever our obsession is) to obsess about AND we can afford it! We even romanticize war (look at It's A Wonderful Life) and how we view the First and Second WW in popular culture and in our own heads. My grandfather lived it. It wasn't romantic. He was hazed by his own countrymen mercilessly because of his ethnic background. He watched his best friend blown to bits by a Nazi booby trap. And I think the experience that most solidifies my view that it wasn't so great back then, when the war ended he was given two options to return home: 1) wait for a troop air transport three weeks in Italy or 2) get on a troop transport ship and be home in a week and a half. he just wanted to get home quick...he chose the ship. They faced difficult seas and we spent the next four weeks sick on board a ship bouncing around the Atlantic Ocean like a rag doll in a tumble dryer. When he got home, his buddies who chose to wait for the plane were there with their families waiting for him at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, and had been home for a week and a half. It took him over a month to recover from the difficult boat journey.

So, while I'm with the nostalgic movement, and understand how it seems attractive, I'm also grateful that I live in 2013, and I love trying to balance that old school aesthetic with a modern twist...and I think that's what EP does SO WELL. Can't wait for the EPLA gear to hit Brooklyn. I'll be there the day it arrives.

1 person likes this.
  10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

YES!

1 person likes this.
  11. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Absolutely, life was hard back then. People drank. Their teeth hurt. It was hot as he'll without A/C. It was cold in the winter without central heat. I mean, think about wearing a three piece tweed suit indoors. My pits are sweating just thinking about it.

Interestingly, IMDB says it was 90 F degrees when they filed the snowy bridge scene in It's a Wonderful Life. You can see Jimmy Stewart was sweating. In context, he was one of the greatest American actors of all time in a massive Hollywood production. I don't believe for a second that the average person was that well styled back then anymore than people looked like Steve McQueen in the 60's or Brad Pitt in the 2000s or Matt Lauer today on Good Morning America LOL.

But, we can try.... Now shall I go for the navy uk donegal or the salt and pepper??

1 person likes this.
  12. malwear

malwear Senior member

Sweet. Just ordered my first pair of jeans in five years. Now to tell my wife she just got me another Christmas present.

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

[​IMG]

Mocha Wool Rivets
    EPxAlden Leydon Longwings

3 people like this.
  14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

You must be freezing today, whats it like low 70's...:D

Was a beautiful day here in NYC today ironically...mid 60's, sunny. Perfect start to winter.

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Low 60s actually. People battening down for winter cold, food storage, portable generators, etc.

2 people like this.
  16. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

To my secret santa recipient...your gift might be a hair late, but what's the difference, I don't celebrate christmas IRL anyway. It will make up for it in awesomeness.

17. Don L

Don L Senior member

Thank you to my secret Santa [​IMG]

18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

got my answers

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  19. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Going in the store later, have some xmas items to change that were the wrong size - good problem to have!

Was excited about those tshirts until I saw that an XL is a 21" chest - that's practically Japanese sizing! [​IMG]

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find SOMETHING :D

20. tricky

tricky Senior member

Hmm hope the shirt isn't spandex when it arrives haha...

On another note, how much do I love surprise weekend deliveries from Epaulet? A lot :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.