1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tricky

tricky Senior member

Woooo! Waking up to a page of EPLA gear. Time to shower and do some ordering over breakfast :D

2. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Same here! Thinking over the western shirt, never really worn a denim shirt before.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Thanks guys, yessir, raw selvedge denim...pm me if you want some more info on it.

I got my balls broken at work ALL DAY LONG for these...and not by the kids, by two of my bosses, two co-workers, a janitor, and the security guards. Wait until they see todays get up!

4. tricky

tricky Senior member

I grabbed the engineer one (along with the jeans and a T). It will look awesome untucked with raw denim and a work boot.

Can't wait to see Rob's gear today!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  5. wsumarine

wsumarine Senior member

Starting my morning off right. Just picked up my second pair of walts (navy duck), first rivets (desert) and a pair of wilshires. Here's hoping they all fit :nodding:

6. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

NYI - Those pants are sweet! Haha. I want some.

Not very good lighting, but ducks and Wyatt jacket today. Carmina antelope boots not shown. Maximus says good morning EP and EPLA. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I seriously considered applied for the part time job. Will be better than the Barista job awaiting me when I return to the US at this rate with my second degree.

Is there an employee discount ;).

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Just picked up a pair of Wilshires. I'm a little concerned that the thighs will be too tight, because the measurements there do look a little smaller than the Rivets. If they don't work out, I'll have to wait for the Rudy fit Bond jean!

9. FLW

FLW Senior member

EPLA looking as strong as promised... too bad I'm all stocked on the things offered so far. Just whets the appetite for work jackets and sweatshirts, though...............

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

This would have been a shoe-in for the contest winner considering the bulldog appreciation around here. Of course, Maximus might have needed a bespoke sized Vass shoe.

Also, I'm in for a package of EPLA goodies. Picked up the jeans, natch, the western shirt, and a plum colored tee. I've never paid $40 for a t-shirt before I don't think. Am I going to like it? :rotflmao:

Also, also, I like the use of the word "jeans." Lacks the pretense of selvedge or even denim. Gettin' me some jeans, boys.

Anyway, excited.

11. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Loving the new expanded lineup, but yeah why $40 for the t-shirts? I usually get usa-made garment dyed t-shirts for less than half that. Guess I should see one before making any conclusions

12. k9n

k9n Senior member

I wear a 33 in the RC and the thigh is about as tight as I'm comfortable with. The same size in the new denim has a .5" smaller thigh. Is it safe to assume the tight will stretch to at least that of the RC after wear?

13. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I pulled the trigger on the Wilshire as well. Assuming the fit is the same as or similar to the RC, it should work well for me.

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Honestly, I bought it half because I like the color and half to see what they put together for the tees.

I'm factoring in some stretch in the denim in my sizing. Should be there considering the materials and the construction.

15. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Well now I'm kicking myself for not submitting this one. [​IMG] Bespoke dog shoes. I can see it now. haha [​IMG]

Sounds like a nice collection of new EPLA gear. I think I'm going to sell my N&F selvedge ones so I can grab the EPLA ones. I actually think the EPLA will fit me nicer as my N&F ones are just too tight on me.

16. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I'm actually very curious about this. I wear a 32 Walt, and can wear a 32 Rivet comfortably, but they are a little snug in the seat. 33s are a little lose in the waist but work great otherwise--can take in, but depends on how motivated I am. The thighs on my 32 Rivets are great, but I would not want to go any smaller, esp in denim. I have a fair bit of experience w/ raw denim and the thigh is the one place where stretch is particularly hard to achieve. I'm curious about the thighs on the Wilshire, esp since to account for waist stretch, I could easily size down to a 31 (my normal raw denim size assuming the thigh measurement works for me).

Def curious to hear people's opinon, as well as Mike's. I could order a couple sizes to try to, but I got (nice) new denim in Sept so I'm not in a rush for these. Excited about them though--they look like a great jean and one I'm hoping to be able to wear.

17. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Maximus looking awesome!

18. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

MrClemson, bring Maximus to LA and we'll have a bulldog party at the Epaulet store!

19. tricky

tricky Senior member

I went TTS on the jeans. The description says they'll stretch so should be fine. I'm sure waist will be loose but I have a belt for that, and rest should break in.

Ha I also went with the plum t shirt. Looks dope.

Can't wait to get in on the rest of the line.

20. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

So...I know the description says "true to size" but I'll ignore that advice in typical internet fashion and ask whether measuring the waist of an existing pair of jeans (washed raw denim) is a good idea. :smarmy:

Bring on the hoodie and the next wave of Carmina GMTOs!