1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SeanMarcellus

SeanMarcellus Well-Known Member

Thanks, not in SF but in WA.
    The special order have no sizing chart and they have 2 different sizing charts on the site, this was throwing me off..... not enough coffee yet.

36 sounds correct, now just need to decide on the grey or sienna.
    Currently don't have any brown trousers so, probably the sienna.

Has anyone else tried these?
    I think I'm going to order some today.

Sean

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. SeanMarcellus

3. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

dude read the thread first or browse around on the website. all the answers are there

4. applky

applky Senior member

That's part of the EP Brooklyn store. Wish it were my closet!

Doing a special order for your first Walt would delay gratification significantly. Look into one of the tweed or flannel options on the website in your size if you want something sooner and that's not final sale. Sounds like you're likely a 36 as rydenfan said. Look in the product description for which tweeds are shetlands -- those are especially warm.

5. SeanMarcellus

Sorry but I'm new to paying over $50 for pants, I've read several post of this thread, I found no where on there site where it says what chinos are. I did not realize it was just another type of pants I've not heard of, thought maybe it was like jeans or something.

I did find this which I'm assuming is correct.
    The way I see it, chinos and chino-style pants can be set apart by the narrow cut of their legs and the way the bottoms are tapered. They're usually crafted from a blend of cotton and stretchy synthetic fiber, which provides a great fit and a modern feel.

Chinos should be worn with dressier T-shirts and button-down shirts, tucked in or out. They're perfect for any casual or slightly more formal occasion like a restaurant date or a night on the town with the boys. They're considered a tad dressier than khakis or jeans, but remember that they are not formal in any way. Again, make sure you match them properly with the rest of your ensemble.

6. SeanMarcellus

Doing a special order for your first Walt would delay gratification significantly. Look into one of the tweed or flannel options on the website in your size if you want something sooner and that's not final sale. Sounds like you're likely a 36 as rydenfan said. Look in the product description for which tweeds are shetlands -- those are especially warm.

Cool..... thank you

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

By SF I was referring to Style Forum (not San Francisco). You can order a 36 and return them within 14 days if they do not work for you

8. SeanMarcellus

LOL..... sweet.

Thanks, I'm new here.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

NP. Welcome aboard and welcome to the addiction...

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I recall reading somewhere that the term "chinos" is what the English (and maybe Europeans) call what Americans typically call "khakis". I use the term interchangeably although I prefer chinos because with khakis, I'm never sure if one means that they're the color khaki as well or another color.

11. SeanMarcellus

From what I was Googleing this morning, khakis and chinos are used interchangeably in the US a lot, but both are a different type of trouser.

Nice trousers are new to me, only since I've joined this site in the past couple days have I even heard of chinos.
    I grew up doing construction, prior to my current job, I had 1 pair of khakis and a white button down shirt for dressy occasions :)

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Khaki=color.
    Chino= the pants.

Need to get David copeland over here for his info sessions. Haha

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

@SeanMarcellus I think you are going to like the trousers from Epaulet. They are definitely different from a $50 version, particularly when you are talking about the wool they run.

Here's a snapshot of the Carmina caramel calf Alt Wiens, in the snow. Almost like being in Old Vienna itself. (Is that Harry Lime skulking in the background there...)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. SeanMarcellus

NIce..... looking forward to getting my hands on a pair.
    Currently I wear Alfani Red (bad word on here?) I get off ebay for 20$ because I like the slim fit ($135 retail). When you hold them up you can see through them.

I've got the money and I hate to be cold, so I'm determined this winter to get some warm pants.
    I just started to lean about style a few years ago, I feel like I missed something growing up, and this endeavor to find warm dress pants has opened a new world to me.

15. FLW

FLW Senior member

Welcome! This is a great place to learn because A) the frequent post-makers are very well versed in men's clothing and B) it is one of the friendliest threads on StyleForum.

What you have learned so far is quite impressive and everyone's advice should help as well. My first pair of real trousers were from Epaulet four years ago and I still wear them regularly. The other thing that you will discover as you get more into men's clothing is that Epaulet's prices are actually a STEAL. Products of similar quality to basic wool Walts (around $225) routinely retail for $350+ elsewhere.

There is a reason why the word "addiction" gets thrown around this thread so often...

16. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

Looks like Holly Martins to me:

[​IMG]

17. oisin

oisin Senior member

Another pheasant tie pic, this one from a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  18. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Wow

:nodding:

19. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

How warm are the tweed walts? I'm afraid I'll get too hot at work, but they would be awesome for my commute.

20. Don L

Don L Senior member

I live in MA and wear them all winter and don't find them too warm for indoors....