1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Of course! We're going to offer nearly every trouser fabric in both Walt and Rudy fits going forward. The only exception would be some kind of super-limited run. But in those cases (like Cashmere-Mink), I'll most likely set all of the cloth up for special order. It's the best scenario that way, as I can offer the lowest possible price (as I've got no inventory to hold) and we can cut the trousers exactly to demand and offer it to everyone regardless of fit or size.

Yup, the Snorkel is absolutely warm enough for an NYC winter. Chicago too. And 38's and 40's are in stock at both the Smith St and the Orchard Street stores. I even have a few pieces here in Santa Monica.

2. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Still rooting for more chino fabrics [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Sounds like you are leaning toward a rerun of these! You can definitely count me in and it seems like at least 6 other would be in as well. This seems like the perfect "normal" twill alternative. Perhaps you can post photos of some other fabrics that broken in nicely and see if there is interest here for another run...would be a great way to reduce inventory risk.

4. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Gentlemen, a sizing question. I recently picked up 2 pairs of flannel walts at size 36 which I've fallen in love with. Looking to make a pair MTO. The 36 leaves about a thumbs worth of space around the waist, they don't fall down by any means - would you guys say go down to 35 or stay at 36 which provides a little more room for error?

Thanks!

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

MIke,

have you given further thought to the more tapered Rivet that you were discussing a few weeks ago? I love the fit of the Rivets but do find them a bit big from the knee down (for my tastes). I would buy many, many pairs of this proposed cut. I would even pay a bit more since I typically pay to have mine tapered and shortened anyway...

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I would say it depends on how the rest of the fit is. If the thighs are close to tight then I likely would not size down. Keep in mind you can let the 35 out a bit if need be

7. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Good point about the rest of the pant, they're already pretty close to tight - 36 it is, thanks!

8. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I would be in as well. If they come in navy, I will get two.

9. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

I don't think that price is too high, considering the offering. Look at what Left Field (Grown and Sewn, and many others) are charging for chinos/khakis. Here is my input: my favorite pair of chinos finally ripped beyond repair last week. It sounds like my relationship with them is similar to yours; I wore them sometimes several days per week, and wore them hard. They are not available any more. I would pay that price for a pair of chinos knowing they will fit me well (Rudy) and be respectably tough.

10. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

I would stay with 36, especially since you mentioned the rest of the fit is good in the later post - it's better to bring the waist in a bit than let it out, especially with cotton where the previous stitching lines will show.

11. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Another vote for Cramerton as a special order - I just barely got beat out for the last size 30 when they were last stocked...

12. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

two quick pics from my cell phone. Carmina for Epaulet Faulkner natural chromexcel - tanks, especially in bad weather like today in NEPA. I do not baby these at all. They have one coating of reno on the toe section and other than an occasional brushing, they are untouched. Perhaps its time for another coat of reno to cover up the scuffs.....or maybe no, I like the character........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

+1, cant say how amazing this coat is.

i dont understand what it is made of that allows me to be sooooo warm but still not start sweating and get stuffy when im in the subway, my apartment or my car.

i didnt buy it last season and am so happy that i did this season. i got mine in green.

@gyaish, i will try to get a pic up for you.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  14. Don L

Don L Senior member

Grape Flannel Walts today

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

is the website not working for anyone?

16. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

I'm getting what appear to be time outs and DNS lookup errors intermittently with their site.

17. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

works for me

18. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Weird, still not working for me here.

19. Don L

Don L Senior member

20. SeanMarcellus

SeanMarcellus Well-Known Member