1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Sounds lovely. Button or zipper fly, and busted or felled seam construction?

2. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

I agree with the guys above. I prefer the rise of the walt but something in between the walt and rivet would be nice for a slight bit more casual. Definitely like the smaller leg opening idea.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

To chime in on the Driggs, personally it wouldn't work for me. I really only wear Rudys for the office and Rivets for casual wear, so I don't really have much use in my wardrobe for an in-between sort of garment.

But I love that Mike brings these sort of things to the forum and looks for input from his customers. There are a lot of other cool new things that I can't wait for, like the new EPLA polos. Any ideas on colors for those yet? I'd love a light blue polo, I have an old one from Banana Republic that needs to be replaced.

Light blue is the perfect dress shirt color, and I think it works equally as well with a polo. Most of my casual pants are on the darker side, so I really like the idea of a lighter color polo to provide some contrast. Most polos you see are usually a darker color, so I find that they don't work as well with denim and other darker chino colors as a lighter color would. Fingers crossed here for some lighter colors! Maybe even a pale pink or purple/lilac would be pretty cool too.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  4. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Fall Contest Entry #2 EP Moleskin Vest EP Nightshade Walt's YellowHook Tie Alden Ravello LWB [​IMG] Great looking outfit

1 person likes this.
  5. applky

applky Senior member

Like the sound of the Driggs, although I would rather the pant have a regular coin pocket. Might be a deal breaker for me.

I'll second the call for a slightly higher rise than the rivets.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  6. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Ditto what the above posters have said, slimmer leg opening...sold, lower rise than the rivet chino..deal breaker for me as well because the rivet chino rise is already pushing the limits for me. I believe a rise somewhere between the walt and rivet would be more appealing, something like 10.5".

7. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

I'm in the same boat. i would benefit from a slightly lower rise (because I'm not tall) and would very much like a slightly narrow leg.

8. tricky

tricky Senior member

Not sure the rise would work for me but I'd give them a shot.

Either way, there are enough Walts, Rivets and Rudys to keep me busy.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Happy Bday Joseph! We need to link up when you come back to LA!

No entry for me today (used them all up! LOL), but this is the gingham shirt I got a couple of weeks ago. Got a lot of compliments on the color.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Thanks all -

Yes, Wis - next time I'm in LA I'll let you know ahead of time. Should be fun

11. beez

beez Senior member

YES to the Driggs. I'd be very interested in that fit.

12. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Yes, me too.

13. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

To echo others, a lower rise just doesn't work for me. The Walt's 12.5" is perfect and a 7.5" leg opening would be a welcome change

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Anything on the Secret Santa idea? Its getting late to get something like this off the ground, but I love this kind of stuff...we can arrange it like the SF Secret Santa (which I missed out on this year) but think it can be cool.

Think the gift should be something local as I love how this thread brings the world together right here, and a little slice of home would be something cool to send (and receive). What did we say we would price this at? Set a minimum maybe and a max?

Think this can work?

15. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Some really good contest entries. Awesome pictures and fits guys!! I'm doing to try to get my three in soon.

Mike, I like the idea of an in between pant with a slimmer leg and Rivet rise. I typically go with a lower rise given my build. Having said that, if others like a slightly higher rise, then I would be good with that as well. Love the idea.

16. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Jumping on the bandwagon.
    Even the rivet rise is problematically low for me.
    My ideal pant would have the rise of the walt, generally casual details of the rivet, and more taper below the knee than the rivet.
    I would eat that up in anything except worsted wool.

1 person likes this.
  17. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

Mike I think the Driggs is a fantastic idea. I'd be down for 4-6 pair in staple colors right off the bat.

18. wsumarine

wsumarine Senior member

I'm in the higher rise camp for the driggs. I can't tuck a shirt with the lower rivet-style rise.

19. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

It's nice for Epaulet to offer this option for its customers. I might be one of the only few who not only prefers the rise on the Walts, but the leg opening too. If you could bring back the Regimental Twill fabric, then I would be set :p

Also, I'm in for Secret Santa and agree that it would be wise to start this soon!

20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Not the best pic, and not a contest submission because the pants aren't from this season. I think someone asked a while ago for more pics of Rudy trousers. These are some FF Rudys from probably over a year ago (wool-silk twill, maybe my fav EP pants ever), and it's not a full shot but you can see they're still pretty slim on my thighs. So for anyone wondering if the Rudy is a "full-fitted" pant it's definitely not. I'm by no means a fat guy or anything like that either, I just have some thighs that are a little too big for Walts. The belt is EP as well, brown CXL I bought about 3 years ago.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.