• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NIce pic SVB.

I need to sort out my Rivet fit...too snug to wear them as causally as I want right now...

unclesam099

Reaction score

Sure thing, the next trouser factory finds and Rudy order round will go up next Friday. The process is:

1. I scan swatches of leftover/short run fabrics that we can make into trousers. I pay a bit less for them, so they're typically around 20 or 30% cheaper than our in-season trousers. You can order sizes 28 through 40, including odd sizes. Not only is the price less, but you get access to some really unique fabrics that we couldn't ordinarily offer.
2. The swatches stay up for one week or until the individual fabrics are sold out. Some fabrics can yield 24 trousers, some only 2 or 3.
3. We place the order with the factory and cut it exactly to order. All sales are final for this reason
4. The trousers are delivered between 6 to 12 weeks later. We need this long window because the factory will only put them into work when they have the open capacity

Mike - for the factory find pants next round, can you add a size 35 as an option? I don't think it currently exists on the site.

Thanks!

Already answered :)

Mike, could you post up the measurements for the size 35 Walt? I'd be curious to see what the change to 35 waist would do to the pattern measurements. I typically reduce the waist by .5" to .75" on my 36 Walts, so it'd be great to know where it would end up with the waist, thigh, and leg opening measurement on the odd size down. Thanks!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I've seen a few different opinions on staying the same size or sizing up for Walts. Website says they're same but just want to make sure I get my factory finds order right.

I have about 10-12 rivets all in 33 but don't have any Walts. The lighter weight ones seem a bit roomier in the waist than the heavier weights but all fit well. Would you recommend sticking to 33 in Walts?

malwear

Reaction score
Ashland vs Epaulet sizing question:

I love my Epaulet in-house Mediums, particularly the slimness in the torso/waist/arms, but I've lately been thinking I might need a little more room in the shoulders and chest. It looks like an Epaulet Large and an Ashland Medium have identical shoulder/chest measurements. Of those two, which one is slimmer in the waist, or is otherwise closer in over all fit to an Epaulet Medium?

mrblue182

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my wardrobe a bit. If I wear a medium in Lands End Canvas ocbd, would I also wear a medium in Epaulet's ocbd?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're a large. Double-check measurements on the website to be sure.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saddle cordo Salinger double monk is tempting me beyond reason tonight. Such a piece of art. Must resist...

thebunk

Reaction score

I have removed darts on two shirts pretty easily. One before washing and another after a year of wear. Both were patterned and I had no issues. My guess on how much it adds is probably 2 inches.

Did you do it yourself with a seam ripper or did you get a tailor to do it?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liberty shirt today:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You pull that off well Wisith

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You pull that off well Wisith 

Thank you, Don! I was going to wear the Kilted loafers today, but it's kinda cold to be sockless :embar:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Forza Napoli
2) Great color on that Stark
3) Overall, a very basic, yet well constructed combo
4) Good times :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads