• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikeharo

Reaction score
Anyone else see the tweet about the Indigo Farm denim??? They look soooo sick

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price is on par for top level MIJ denim, and the cut look like a winner. I'm surprised to see that choice in denim though, in some ways, given the amount of domestically made options of high quality for nearly 1/2 the price.

I like jeans though, so I'd consider them.

Might have to swoop that new Ashland tho before it's gone.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bummed.  I picked up a couple Large shirts off the marketplace to test the sizing but it appears they are a tad tight in the chest but perfect everywhere else. Looks like I am an XL in Epaulet shirts.

Both shirts are no longer available and are very nice, and new & unworn.

The different labels have diff fits...ie, Ashland, Epaulet house, Epaulet Navy and even Epaulet Italia if i recall correctly. Which ones do you have?

Well, looks like he's got at least an Epaulet Italia judging by his B&S listing. If the Large Italia is a little too tight for you, then I'd guess you're an XL in Epaulet house -- I feel like the Italia fits slightly larger than the corresponding house brand.

neutrino

Reaction score
Apologies for a little digression, but while we're on topic of denim, what size would you guys recommend in 3sixteen ST/SL if I'm a rather snug 31 in rivets?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^30 or 31 depending on your waist-to-thigh ratio. 3sixteen site and Self Edge have measurement charts so you can compare w/ Epaulet numbers. The denim will for sure stretch as much as a full 1" in the waist though, unlike the Rivets

onehotchili

Reaction score
I recently picked up a pair of 31 Rivets which fit *just* right. I had actually hoped they would be a little looser. I might have my tailor let them out about 1/2". In any case I have a pair of 30 SL-100x on their way to me. I debated between the 29 and the 30. I'll see how they feel... So hard to figure out when there are no stores local to me....

oisin

Reaction score

^ looks like those are up in the new arrivals section as well. They look really nice, but $370 for denim is a little rich for my blood

definitely look nice. wonder what the inseam is. if you could only have one pair of jeans these might be them. but yeah, I'm not sure where to go in the denim world these days, if anywhere. $370 is spendy. but if you go into a self edge shop you see plenty of $300+ jeans.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand the whole, "I'll never spend x on a jean" argument. From guys who don't blink an eye at $200+ on trousers. Jeans are a different animal, a beast if you will. They don't require the delicate care that trousers do, ****, they barely require anything at all, and I wear my jeans much more than trousers when I look at the hours I'm in dress pants compared to them. A nice pair of jeans to me is well worth a little more...for me its all about the fit, I'll have to try these bad boys on.

mikeharo

Reaction score
Ok, two pairs of rivets came yesterday, great pants, I'm happy I ordered them. I have a question. My Walts are 32 so based on my reading here I went with 33 rivets. The waist fits well, very well actually. I am glad I did but still think they are too small especially in the thigh and they are very tight in the seat. They don't feel uncomfortably tight but I think they are pulling in the seat. I measured the thigh as described and got 11 inches opposed to the 12.5 listed on the site. My plan is: take them to the tailor to see what she says. If she thinks she can work it out, I will wash them and have her shorten the hem and let out the waist. I'm bummed the 34s are sold out in duck, that might have been the way to go. some fit pics included, at the risk of embarrassing myself. 5'9" 155lb race weight (165 in this pic). I squat a lot so that is the source of my frustration. Thanks for listening.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I say now that I wouldn't spend that much on denim, but really it's because I haven't educated myself on the intricacies of the premium selvedge market yet. I'm sure 3 years ago I would have never fathomed spending the money I do now on Epaulet trousers and cordovan boots and the like. You'll see another post from me in about 6 months, angry because I missed out these jeans and what a steal they were, haha.

2doubleu

Reaction score

definitely look nice. wonder what the inseam is. if you could only have one pair of jeans these might be them. but yeah, I'm not sure where to go in the denim world these days, if anywhere. $370 is spendy. but if you go into a self edge shop you see plenty of $300+ jeans.

36" inseam according to site... they are some nice looking denim

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it. I was looking for a new unique pair of salvage denim and saw these. With shaky fingers I clicked "confirm order" and one less size 31 is not in stock anymore :slayer:

These Indigo Farm X The Armoury denim is a bit expensive when comparing to Momotaro for example but I like the appearance more. Also very elegant to wear with blazers and my Aldens :satisfied:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads