1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Candella

Candella Active Member

Anyone with a size 30 Walts can give me the rise measurements, please? I'm still having a hard time whether or not to get the Walts as I have a short torso and any rise that's substantially higher than the Rivets are going to make my body look really disproportionate.

I have a pair of Slim fitting Incotex and I already find their rise to be quite high.

It's difficult for returns for me as I'm living in the UK. So any help is really appreciated!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  2. tricky

tricky Senior member

All Epaulet except the belt. Had the sides on the coat taken in for some shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:For me, the walt's rise is the perfect spot for me as dress pants since it sits on my belly button. The rivet's rise, on the other hand, sits below my waist and it's more casual since it reminds me of the way denim fits. To answer your question, there is a significant difference with the rise between cuts and if you think the rivet is pretty much "perfect" in terms of the fit, then you should stick with it. The walts, for the most part, work for me and I'm going to stick with it. I have about 7 pairs or so pants from EP and only one of them is a rivet, which is probably my last rivet, only because the walt fits me so much better.

4. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

I measured my 30s a few days ago and I'm fairly certain it was 12.5" from the lowest point of the crotch, not the seam. I'm 5'4" with a short torso and when worn at the true waist, I think the rise is good.

5. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Jacket looks great, Tricky. Well done.

6. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Tricky, looking good. What size did you go with?

If there were an Epaulet club jacket, what would it be?

7. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

8. tricky

tricky Senior member

Thanks guys.

I went with a 39R. I have a few Napoli coats in duck that are 38 but I once bought a 38 Hopsack and it was too tight so I played it safe with this one. Also wear 38 in LBM but wish I could have it longer.

I also bought the tattersall in the sale section in size 40. Now my tailor is altering it for $200 hahaha...stooopid me. I'll post pics when I get it - he's a great tailor.

9. tricky

tricky Senior member

10. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Awesome combo. What pants are those? Moss green RC?

11. badsha

badsha Senior member

Ive had a similar experience in Napoli 36 being tight as compared to a Daltrey 36. I hope I can have the Napoli let it out a bit.

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

Yup they're a moss green rivet but a heavy weight - not sure if they still offer these but they rock for cooler weather. I have the moss ducks and some olive Walts. Can't get enough of this colour for fall/winter.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

cause I'm a dork like that:
    [​IMG]
    Stop kissing me daddy:
    [​IMG]

Japanese Dots from a long time ago.

9 people like this.
  14. mothball

mothball Senior member

Oddly, I wore this with the bedford cords today, and one of my friends said she had a dress made of the same fabric.

[​IMG]

Great pics of the both of you.

3 people like this.
  15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ speaking of Bedford cords, are there any plans to release any new colors for that line?

16. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Great picture. I can certainly relate to that feeling with my little girl :embar:

1 person likes this.
  17. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

You really post some great pics Rob

2 people like this.
  18. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

[​IMG]
    Finally got to meet Matt and Logan @ the Orchard st shop, will be a highlight for me. Another great experience from Matt, Mike and the rest of the Epaulet crew.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Is that the olive heavyweight twill?
    I got into this color by accident, never thought about wearing anything moss/olive before. Ordered the heavyweight twill in taupe, but got an olive one. Immediately found out that I love the color and decided to keep it (although the customer service from Mike was outstanding as usual in that case). Later I saw a lighter weight moss RC on Ebay (old model with metal buttons) and didn't think twice about grabbing it. I do have the leaf ducks, but they are quite another beast I think.

20. tricky

tricky Senior member

That's the one --- olive heavyweight twill with the new style buttons.

And great photos Rob. Daughters are awesome :)

1 person likes this.