1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I think I already mentioned it earlier, but as someone who has winters usually reaching -20 Celsius I'm always voting for as heavyweight options as you can get [​IMG]

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Haha, I hear you! Well this product would most likely appear in end February, so we'd make the first round in Spring weights.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Mike, the plans for the Italian pant sound pretty damn cool...sounds like a great slim summer trouser. But what I'm really stoked about is the denim workshirt...bitching bro, count me in on a few of those. They have that old Schott feeling about them, real workshirt, in a great EP fit. It kind of reminds me of this old school Schott shirt (made for the Japanese market) I found at their sample sale a few years ago...I wore that into the ground! Looking fwd to it!

Yesterday was Parent Teacher Conference Night for me, so of course, i wore Orange pants:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. tricky

tricky Senior member

Ohhhh noooo....as it turns out steaming your clothes can shrink them :(

Think I'll start dry cleaning. Ugh.

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Excellent, Mike. Being someone who lives and wears gear on both ends of the spectrum often (MC during the week, sporty during weekends (sweatshirts, jeans, sneakers, etc.):
    1. Sweatshirt sample looks great, but I would vote against the X stitching at the front, its a standard usually for crew neck sweats, but personally (and specifically for the one you posted), I think it would bring down the clean look you produced. It would be nice to get a break from the norm and get this sort of product with your fit and construction without the look you see everywhere. Its hard envisioning a 2" reduction in opening but hopefully it doesnt make it too tight at the top, I like a slightly looser neck on sweats to allow for some visual layering and even to allow the possibility of layering over (get ready) a button down.

2. EPLA washed chino sounds cool, but you lose me at lower rise. I think your rivet chinos are great, the one slight modification or critic I always had was wishing the rise was slightly higher by like a 0.5" or so. Closer to 10.5" from crotch seam to top of waistband. I couldnt imagine going lower than your current specs on rise without terriorizing those around me with a visual that could lead them to be believe I work in the plumming industry (not that there I anything wrong with that).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

SC looks great. The elbow patches are definitely the right choice with the Harris tweed.

7. applky

applky Senior member

Mike, love the crewneck fleece sample, especially the contrast cuffs/bottom.

Re the garment dyed chinos -- sounds like a great concept, especially for cotton-linen blends. I picked up the bone cotton-linen FF rivet chino in time for this past summer, and loved having a cotton-linen chino in my closet. Would be even better if the fabric were lighter weight, and offered on the regular.

This being said, on balance, it sounds like I'd rather buy the existing rivet chinos. If it fits with the EPLA line, though, then I'd say try it out! Maybe all of us more "EPNY" guys will be converted, like I was with LBM.

8. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Waiting on a sport coat from the LA store. How's this for some UPS love? :brick::brick:

[​IMG]

9. Viral

Viral Senior member

denim shirt with snap buttons would be better...........

10. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

This! Winter here goes from October to mid May...

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I always hate it when your train gets derailed....

On a side note, I wonder if that's a normal pre-set choice (processed, being shipped, scanned, train derailment, pick one) or if they had to manually write that in.

12. Don L

Don L Senior member

Loving the EPLA Work Shirt concept...
    Agree with the others on the rise for the Indochinos. The Rivet rise is just about the bare minimum for me....

Beautiful SC's MrSix and Beatle

Natural CXL Brixton's today
    Non EP Bedford Cords

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Rivet style chino with a slimmer leg from the knee down, YES!!!!! I have a decent sized waist and chicken legs so this is exactly what I want. I always get my Rivets tapered so I would be thrilled with this. Count me in for multiple pairs

14. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

I'm always after a good denim jacket...Can you provide any details on the denim weight or if it will be a more traditional design (ie Type II, III) or your own take?

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I'm just a bit envious of the walt guys who have all the different tweeds etc. available, I heard they could be very warm especially when fully lined. I'm aching for some kind of a super-heavyweight cotton chino.

Also, the denim shirt looks pretty interesting to me. I'm curious to hear the price point for that one.

16. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

I've been looking for an olive moleskin for a month now. Just purchased.

17. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

I agree on the rise; I'm tall and I don't think I could make a lower rise work, the rivet is pushing it already. I also think the the Rivet leg is slim enough, but I could get down with something a tiny narrower for the summer. The lightweight fabric sounds awesome though.

18. brp2

brp2 Senior member

+1

19. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Haha, I almost busted out those orange tweeds. Perhaps I will for next weekend's home game. The game was great but cold!

You may be on to something re dying those orange. : )

20. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Definitely agree re: the rise. Happier if it was .5 inch higher than Rivet. But slimmer from the knee down sounds great.

1 person likes this.