1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

I'll see your "Topanga Mall" and raise you "karaoke night"

2. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

I went with the Alden-based advice Epaulet gives:
    Quote: I wear a 12 in Barrie (and Wolverine 1K, which fits a lot like Barrie or Trubalance), so I got the 11, and it's just right for me.

1 person likes this.
  3. xinu98

xinu98 Well-Known Member

Is the CPO jacket too thick to wear under a sportcoat?

4. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I have the older version of the shirt jacket in Medium. I am 5'8 and I thought the length of the jacket is good.

Yes, I think so.

5. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Definitely (I have the older version).

6. applky

applky Senior member

^ Yes, and I'd say you can treat it as a sportcoat for layering purposes. You could wear a lighter sweater underneath it, and then wear an overcoat over it.

BTW Matt is completely right -- the new brown color is so boss. I love the graphite houndstooth detailing on the interior, too.

7. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

New fisherman crew neck sweaters look INSANE! [​IMG]

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Oh yes absolutely. We've got some new cottons going up as well - we can offer all of those in the Rudy cut. We'll update the item to reflect that.

It's a cool thought. Your issue here is that the shoes are a matte finish nubuck. They're going to soak up that dye and I think that it's going to be difficult to get an even finish on it. Doing that to a smooth leather would be a lot easier.

I'd suggest two things: (1) wear them as is and stain the hell out of them naturally so that they're your "Go to Hell" shoes or (2) take them to a professional cobbler to have the dye work done.

9. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Loving the new steep twills...please add to the Rudy options...these are my new corduroys...

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

EPLA Sample Previews & An Incotex Question

Hey guys!

Our Cali merchandise is chugging along nicely. I've got two sample shots to show you:

[​IMG]
    EPLA Denim Utility Shirt (I'll probably come up with a better name than that)

This will be in a GORGEOUS 8oz Japanese denim - on the heavier side for a shirt for that beefy feeling. It has a bunch of denimhead details (felled shoulder seams, chainstitch placket, etc). The patch pocket has that button above it so that you can button the flap up vertically.

The denim will be one-wash and preshrunk. Sized just like mainline EPNY shirts

[​IMG]
    EPLA Crewneck Fleece

Ok, this is a really early sample. The body's going to be taken in (it's a bit boxy), the collar's going to lose a full 2" in its width and there's going to be a stitched "X" detail coming down from the collar. The fleece is perfect - it's on the heavier side and it's a pima cotton french terry in a heathered pattern.

We're still ironing out the delivery, but it's looking like the Wilshire Jean, Denim Shirts, and T-Shirts (crewneck and v-neck) will drop right after Thanksgiving. The crewneck fleece should come a week to 10 days after that. Our canvas French Work jacket and our first denim jacket is scheduled for early January.

EDIT: thanks to venividivicibj for the reminder! Here's the question

Let's say that I have a direct line into an Italian factory that could do a garment-washed soft cotton trouser. Just like Incotex if you catch my drift.

I'm putting together some specs that would make a slim washed chino with a slightly modified version of the Rivet Chino fit (touch lower in the rise, touch slimmer in the leg). It would have a felled rear seam - like a jean - and could be either zip fly or button fly. The construction would be markedly simpler than Incotex, but the craftsmanship and fabric would be basically the same. Planned retail would be in the $150 range.

What would you guys think of that? The resulting product would have a different vibe than the Rivet. The fabric is extremely soft and on the lighter side. It would have a brilliant drape. We could probably offer a cotton-linen blend (like the chinolino) for about $25 more.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Any hoodies in fleece in the pipeline?

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Well, how many are you in for? seems to be implied. :)

Those chinos sound great and that denim shirt looks fantastic!

14. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

At the Clemson game freezing my ass off. Wish I had that orange Epaulet scarf! Carminas keeping my feet warm though. Go Tigers! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    3 people like this.
  15. Don L

Don L Senior member

^^ What, no orange tweeds?

1 person likes this.
  16. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

I've nothing against modifying items, but dying these brown seems like a wasted opportunity to me. Brown brogues are everywhere - there's something special about white or off-white shoes. Keep them pristine as long as you can, then get them dyed an equally outrageous color, like deep red, or emerald green. If I ever tire of mine being vanilla, they're going to go either deep red or eggplant purple.

And yeah, I think they'll go great with these cords, once I hem them:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  17. FrankCowperwood

Exactly. I think full orange would really show @Mr Clemson's commitment...

Hope the game was enjoyable!

18. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Get them white solovairs and dye them orange. Then you can give me those Carminas.

1 person likes this.
  19. FrankCowperwood

Will the denim utility shirt have darts?

20. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Epaulet : Black Friday sale?