1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Epaulet Cranberry Madras

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

Great, so far. I think they work well with the texture and weight of the tweed, they might be a bit busy with something less substantial. Either way it looks as though the flaps could just be taken off for plain patch pockets.

3. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Looks like the mink trousers in sienna brown are gone. Damn!

4. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Makes sense thanks. I sort of want to go for the harris tweed sportcoat but I'm not sure any of the colors are quite what I want. Something more like the UK Ironwood tweed would work. Maybe I'll do that in a MTO if possible. Then again I want a Daltry. I could go nuts trying to make these decisions sometimes!

5. applky

applky Senior member

^ You can definitely have flaps taken off. I've had it done before at my tailor's (if you're sure of your skills you can probably do it yourself). On a cotton or linen fabric, that might leave stitch marks, but on wool it should be fine.

6. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

I definitely want to get in on that Fall fit pic contest....win a pair of Vass...wow.

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Like mentioned by other members, great stuff on sale. I picked up a couple of lightweight shirts but I'm sure I will wear them before summer. They should do well with a wool sweater over.

This came right as I was gonna go to the gym. Had to try it on ASAP. Picture is just for laughs of course!
    [​IMG]

8. tricky

tricky Senior member

You've just used up your fall fit pic submission. Good luck!

3 people like this.
  9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Hey Mike,

Earlier in the year you had a great FF Sportcoat fabric in kind of a chestnut corduroy. My only bummer was that it was Weller only. Would you ever consider offering that fabric again with us having the choice of more of a Daltrey cut?

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Lol. :(

11. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

My wife and I are in Atlanta visiting for the weekend, and yesterday I had two people come up to me to compliment my Epaulet cognac sport trainers and ask where I bought them. The funny part is that they both already knew where they came from before asking. I know Epaulet is taking the world by storm (as even a few South Carolina folks are regulars here), but I didn't expect two people already to know about the brand and these trainers in particular. [​IMG] Oh, and one of the guys knew Matt. Small world! Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

12. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

If i'm not mistaken Matt is from a town just north of Atlanta.

13. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Hey Guys

This is the napoli goldenrod/cashmere factory find from the most recent round.

I could use some advice on sizing. I apologize for the lighting -- I'm also slouching in the photo of the back. The back is actually really flat and good. I'm most concerned about the shoulders and length.

Being on the shorter end I'm so used to jackets being too long. This is a 37XS and I'm 5'4" and ~135lbs. Does it seem too short?

Thanks for any advice
    Todd V

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

A photo with a little bit of fall color for wj4:

Navy label shirt, Barena knit sport coat, and sanded canvas Walts

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Ha ha. I was thinking the same thing... That shirt looks nice. Tempted to get one at that sale price.

Also @Todd V, the length looks fine to me.

16. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Todd V - I'm certainly no expert but the main issue looks like the front balance is off. Maybe it's just the way you're standing, but the quarters look completely closed. It also might be due to the height of the buttoning point. The jacket doesn't look excessively short, but you might need a 37S rather than an XS so that the buttoning point is more proportionate.

17. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Thanks for the input Frank and Beatle -- I see I was leaning back in that photo. That accounts for the back bubble as well. I have habit of that. Here's a few more with better posture. Does this look better?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Adding MUCH better photos with proper trousers. Less bunching of the shirt under the jacket and bulkiness of the jeans. Nevermind the tie -- I had different suit on at work. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  18. wj4

wj4 Senior member

No fair, dudes. I already plan on going to Home Depot for my photo submission to get some fall colors in the background :(

I also agree with Frank in regard to Todd's jacket not being too short. I think at your height, if the jacket was to cover your whole rear, it'd be too long.

19. FLW

FLW Senior member

The button stance looks a bit high, but only to a #menswear nit-picky eye. The bottom hem doesn't pass your thumb and covers your ass, which makes it a good length in my book.

Nice jacket! One of my favorite FFs they've done.

20. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

^Nice jacket Todd. I saw the swatch in person and the goldenrod is definitely very nice.