• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

neutrino

Reaction score
Mike, why are you doing this to me. Golden light blue tattersall ordered. That yellow is my favorite color.
I really, really can't afford anything more
musicboohoo[1].gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! Dude, you're married?! I thought you were around my age! Haha :(

Yep, married and a 3-year-old...

zielschuss

Reaction score
SHIRTING FACTORY FINDS

A quick heads-up: we're launching our very first Epaulet shirting Factory Finds tomorrow morning! There's lots of great fabrics at really fantastic prices. If you're burning the midnight oil like I am (actually, more like the 1:40AM oil at this point) then you can see them go online in real time here:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/shirts-special-order

They'll be about 30 fabrics in all. Some of them only have 2-3 available units to order, so if you see something between now and 10:30AM EST (when our weekly newsletter drops tomorrow), then you might want to grab it before the mass announcement. We have a big following for our shirts, so I think that the smaller run fabrics will move pretty fast.

And for you XS and XXL guys, this is an especially great opportunity to stock up!

Mike or Matt, do you guys have the FF shirt swatches on hand in one of your stores? I already picked up a few and am thinking about more but would like to check out the swatches in person.

Also, if any of you want to see which fabrics have sold out, just do a search for FF on the site and you'll get all the swatches. I can see why you guys were digging the greencast denim. I would have liked to have picked up the gauze tartan or cream-navy check too!

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, so my other two entries...me, a 16 year old HS student, I thought I'd be the next Morrissey, and stayed home most nights listening to Morrissey and Smiths tapes (mixed in with the occasional hardcore) in my oversized Smith's Shirt, Aeropastale Jeans, Stussy Hat, Michel Jordi Watch, and Mood Ring. First time I got laid was in that outfit (yea, it was a lady), and why I took the pic in it!:slayer:

After taken on the deck outside the window I posed in front of in HS this December

And last entry is from my post college years, I was in a ****** (and thats kind) Indie/Alt Rock band that played mostly in basements to a handful of people who tolerated us (Concert Flyer from 2004, long hair from 2005 (a year later) when my hair actually grew):

After I realized my rock star days were numbered, I got hitched and had a few kids. Oxford Rivets in what probably is my favorite family portrait on the James River between Richmond and Belle Isle.

Daddy needs a new pair of pants!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NYI entering this contest doesn't even make it fair anymore....

;)

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Here are two entries into the before/after contest drawing hat:

Entry 1:
This was in 2005, when I was about 50 lbs heavier. I don't remember what kind of shoes I was wearing in this picture, but it's highly likely to be a pair of sandals complete with white socks.:embar:

A week ago, wearing Epaulet from head to toe: Italia red gingham shirt, duck canvas Napoli jacket, oxford grey flannel Walt, Carmina Rands.

Entry 2:
Also in 2005. This was about as dressed up as I ever got back then. Footwear was probably a pair of beat up rubber soled bluchers from DSW or something. Notice the cellphone hanging from the belt.

Summer of 2012. Luchino polo, Eapulet western print belt, navy Rivet Chino, Carmina Salingers.

My weight has actually gone up and down a couple of times between 2005 and now, but since I bought my first Epaulet shirt a year and a half ago, I have been able to maintain my current weight, thanks in no small part to my desire to continue to fit into my Epaulet clothing for a long time to come. So not only does Epaulet's stuff look great, they have also been a great diet plan for me.:satisfied:

mothball

Reaction score

MacktasticGDogg, well done on both the health and sartorial fronts! Fantastic transformation and yes, having nice clothes is a heck of a reason to stay in shape.

+1. You look great, Mack.

thanks man. that's about 60 lbs and a different attitude.

It's impressive.

Wow. It looks like a lot of us were former fat boys! Good job, dudes.

I'm loving this contest.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trouser and shirt contests were both great, but looking at the pics for this one has really been amazing. Many of us have come a very long way, with Epaulet being a very big part of that transformation!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads