1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ialdabaof

Ialdabaof Active Member

Well, if anyone finds that his cotton/cashmere navy sport coat fits wrong in 37, drop me a line. Because I'm sad.

2. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike--

Looks like you are building out some interesting stuff...a birdie told me that we should see a Carmina Jumper MTO in the dark scotchgrain....

3. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Gents,

I am seriously overthinking the styling for my baby camel hair sportcoat. I'd like it to be very comfortable for more casual wear, also as quasi-outwear, but still wear to corporate the office on Fridays. Shall I do open patch hip pockets and besom chest pocket? Patches all around? Why can't I decide this!!

Thanks for any advice,

Todd V

4. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

I've been there … I'd go besom chest and patch hip. Gotta love patch pockets, but the besom chest shows you've got a bit of restraint ;)

5. FLW

FLW Senior member

2nd.

Some people shudder at the asymmetry of a patch/besom combo, but I like it on the Napoli. It shows restraint and keeps the jacket looking less isolated in one moment of menswear history. I actually find more than a few triple patch, unvented 80s eyesores in thrift stores. Not a look I'd advocate for the long term.

6. sorabji

sorabji Active Member

Placed an order on Monday, didn't ship out until today... slooww....

7. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Because: humans.

Also, closed on Mondays.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^^And maybe six or eight or 10 humans with managing three stores and mail outs. Patience. Not everyone is Amazon.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  9. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah 2 day handling isn't bad at all. Even with shoprunner automated 2 day I think less than half of shipments actually shipped within 48 hours

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

My personal favorite is open patch at the hip with a welt pocket at the chest. That's our standard shape for the Napoli jacket. Changing the chest to a welt allows you to wear a pocket square more easily, and those are pretty rakish with camel hair! Consider going with elbow patches too. They look great on that coat!

11. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Thanks, guys. I took this advice minus the elbow patches!

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I believe those are pictures of mine that arrived yesterday. The fit and the feel is absolutely perfect. I also got a sport coat in the pearl grey and it's absolutely gorgeous. I ordered some matching Walts in the same fabric and really look forward to them coming in soon.

I've lost quite a bit of weight, especially in my gut and chest since ordering and I was a bit scared that the jackets would need a lot of alterations but thankfully that's not the case. I'm going to try to get a few fit pics this weekend.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    2 people like this.
  13. Wade

Wade Senior member

that speckle fisherman sweater looks really nice

14. malwear

malwear Senior member

Hi Mike,

Can you remind me what was tweaked in the fit for the new CPO's. I had one of the old model in medium that I loved, but had to unload because it was a little tight in the armpits, cuffs, and (slightly) chest. Trying to decide if I want a medium or large. Also, is the length the same?

Thanks!

15. althanis

althanis Senior member

I was really really on the fence about that one, but decided against it. I don't regret my decision, but it looks like a really awesome sportcoat. Enjoy!

16. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

It's November, I'm in Ireland and yet I've just bought the red seersucker gingham shirt. Wrong part of the world, wrong time of year but couldn't say no to a beautiful shirt for 50 bucks.

1 person likes this.
  17. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I agree. I like both, but trying to decide which I like the most since I'll likely only get one. Decisions...

18. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Matt or Mike, do you have a strong preference re: either the grey or brown heavyweight mink trousers? Leaning towards brown but in one of the photos the grey has a blue-ish cast which looks great. In the other photo, the grey is much darker and is a standard mid-grey, which doesn't appeal as much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Shoot. I need mink fur trousers now? Epaulet is killing it/me.

Experiencing some mild FOMO in re. the green fisherman's sweater. I think I'm all knit-weared up for the season, but it looks so nice and at such a good price...

And finally, hope to have a Barena knit SC in hand by the end of the day. Really looking forward to this.

20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Whoa. What is this trouser you speak of?!

Very tempted: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/buttondown-collar-japanese-camo-corduroy