• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DCRoyal

Reaction score
I am looking forward to my next trip to NY, I plan on spending some time in the EP shop. I've not gotten a chance to try anything on, but I am really hoping the slim walt trousers work for me.

In the meantime, I am thinking about ordering some belts. Anyone have any advice on how the cognac cowhide and/or the caramel calfskin would pair with ravello shell?

Johnx

Reaction score
I ask the same question - I wear w34 in J. Crew Urban Slim. Will for example the Walt Trouser Navy Flannel fit in size 33 (w34)?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ask the same question - I wear w34 in J. Crew Urban Slim. Will for example the Walt Trouser Navy Flannel fit in size 33 (w34)?

If anything order the same as your Jcrew pant or size up. i have found that most Jcrew pants run a little big whereas Epaulets are pretty TTS.

Pig Farmer

Reaction score

I know nothing about epaulet, but a 34 tag size in urban slim should be 36.25" at the waist.

That is the j.crew urban slim sizing chart. I wear a 32 urban slim and for the chinos I've ordered the chart was accurate.

Maybe this information can help someone here answer your question more precisely, or if epaulet has a chart of their own even better.

Also, be sure that these pants you're ordering have a similar rise if you're going to base your sizing on the urban slims.

dupedd

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post....been perusing for the last couple of months and picked up all sorts of useful info. I found out about Epaulet early on and went to the Orchard street shop and bought some Rivet Canvas Chinos about a month ago..I love em! These are by far the best pair of pants of I've ever owned. I want to go back and get another pair and probably a moleskin pair as well soon.
........I have a question though about cleaning and care..What is the recommended way to clean and dry these pants? I was thinking just machine wash and air dry.. is that OK? How about for the moleskins, wash or dryclean?
Thanks in advance!

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
I wear a 32 in J Crew Urban Slim and 33 in their 484 fit. I take a 34 in Epaulet Rivets and Walts, though the Walts were a bit tight and I had to send them back : (

The Rivets are so boss though, I immediately ordered a 2nd pair upon receiving the first!

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I would have thought the 34 Rivet would fit tighter than the 34 Walt?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no Walts, but am a 32 Rivet (could go a little smaller), 30 urban Slim, and 31 in the 484.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I thought the same but Alden is really starting to get ridiculous with some of their wait times. The elusive Ravello Brixton just hit 25 months I believe since the order was first placed.

However, they may be reordering the Cigar Brixton in standard sizes at some point, even if there is no pre-order for it. Epaulet still seems to get new styles and new stock of older styles on a semi-regular basis.

zinc2162

Reaction score
If I am in between two sizes (30 and 32) base on the Slim Walt measurements, should I buy the size 30 and then let the waist out or buy the 32 and have it taken in?
Since I am average build and don't have muscle thighs and calf, I am leaning toward size 30 and let out. Would this be a good decision or there are other things I should consider as well?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would buy 32 and take it in. I don't have muscular thighs either and I usually wear a 31. I have found that my size 30 trousers, while fine in the waist, start to feel too tight in the thighs and don't look good to me. Those aren't Walts, though, so those with specific experience may be able to comment. The Walts that I have (in 31 and 32) fit me pretty well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads