1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike--you are burning the midnight oil again...will there be a Rudy fit equivalent of the jeans for us large thigh guys?

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Timer shot with iPhone propped up against a water bottle on counter. I'm pretty shy about taking obvious photos of myself in public. Thus the unusual angle and odd cropping. It's not of wj4/SVB/NYI quality, but it gives you the idea. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  4. Don L

Don L Senior member

Took the nightshade Walt's for their maiden spin today. Pushing it as the weather is still quite mild for fall but love the hand and coloring on these.
    Paired with the Alt Wien Alden's....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Look great, DOn! I plan to be pairing my nightshades with #8 shortly as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Those nightshades are sweet Don L! I'm going to pick up a pair soon.

1 person likes this.
  7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Wow. So nice on the granite (?) steps with the mums. It's fall!

1 person likes this.
  8. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I apologize for off topic but..

just switched from Panerai to Rollie Sub C and love it.

[​IMG]

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

For real, the Manhattan store was absolutely bursting when I rolled in last week.

10. Costa

Costa Senior member

Was going to ask the same thing; please say yes.

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Was hoping for a camel coat from Epaulet, but I'm curious to see the Harris Tweed overcoat.

12. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

From EP's FB page:

[​IMG]

Epaulet Wilshire Selvedge Jean final fit trial

Nice, been waiting for Epaulet's new denim since I loved the Smith jean. Can you reveal any details on the denim itself?

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

It's Kaihara 14oz according to mike on instagram

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Awesome! Since I started taking outfit pictures, I think I've been "caught" like 5 times where folks run into me in front of the camera, haha. It's fun though. Built into my morning routine :)

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Mike, is there at least a remote chance of a "space boot" restock?

16. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Oh man, I'd probably say no. Two runs of that guy is probably all that we have in us.
    We'll do that one at karaoke for you tonight!
    Beautiful! What a great combo!
    Looks great, I'm a Sub C fan too. Lot less bulky than the Panerai
    Actually, I don't see why we couldn't make you an MTO Camel Coat. For a killer price too. Our tweed coats are coming in about a week - let's get those in, measured, and shot so that you can see the shape and the details. I'm thinking that we could offer a camel MTO version somewhere in the $850 range. After you see the overcoat, drop me an email if you're interested and we can go forward on it.
    Thanks guys, we're really excited about the jean! Couple of pictures: [​IMG] [​IMG] Some of you guys may recall the original "Smith" jean that we put out in 2009. Since discontinuing that, we've taken our time to develop the right product to replace it. The new "Wilshire" jean has a corrected fit to the Smith and will speak directly to the sizing of the Rivet Chino. It's not the same as the Rivet, but the intention is that if you take a 32 in the Rivet, then you can comfortably take a 32 in the Wilshire. The denim is great. 14oz Kaihara red-line Selvedge. It has a slightly slubby texture and will fade beautifully. A touch on the heavier side, but still very wearable year-round. We're going to deliver the jeans with a single rinse so that shrinkage is removed. They won't stretch like crazy either. We want to offer a "what you see is what you get" fit so that you can feel comfortable with your size from the get-go. And if you're into fading your jeans, then this first rinse will not affect how they fade in any way. In terms of a bigger fit, I'll have to get back to you on it. Personally, I'd love to do it. This jean is going to work for the majority of our customers, but it will not work for the Rudy guys. Years back I made a sample called the "Bond" (named after Bond street, not Bond, James Bond) which is the only jean in my closet. The fit is great, and it works in lock-step with the Rudy. Denim production often has large minimums (over 100 units per run), and it would most likely take us a long time to move through that quantity in a Rudy fit. But if I can catch the factory on a quiet week and do a 24-unit run or so, I'd love to try it. I haven't been able to find a single high-end jean anywhere that works for larger thighs but still maintains a decent taper to the leg opening.

2 people like this.
  17. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Thanks for the denim deets Mike! I'm curious: does this mean you're doing the cut/sew on these in an unsanforized denim, one-rise fabric? Or that the fabric is sanforized, and as such won't shrink?

Also, can you quote an aprx. price?

18. velomane

velomane Senior member

What would be the weight of the camel fabric? Also, what is the weight of the upcoming tweed coats?

19. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Hey Mike, that sounds great! Could you elaborate a bit? I have 4 pairs of the Smiths in my closet and I'm curious to know a little more. I liked the 35 (a little loose) and the 34 (a little tight).

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The denim is sanforized already, so it's not going to change all that much with the rinse. We're mostly doing that to shrink the inseam and give a correct fit at the waist. Presently we're shooting for a price of around $165. Going to put a Brown Chromexcel patch onto the back too :slayer:

1 person likes this.