1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

This past week:
    Monday, Nori Walts and after a conversation with Matt, a turn to black accessories (shoes and belt) probably not how he'd wear it, but we chatted about the simplicity of it and it forced me to reach for them instead of the usual 50 shades of brown.
    [​IMG]

Tuesday, feeling a bit hipsterish in my raw Levis with EP Bridled Leather Belt, MTO Camo Jacket and bitchin' Solovair Suede Wingtips that are a steal now (http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale/products/country-brogue-vanilla-nubuck) and got me more compliments than ever:
    [​IMG]

Today, last day in the mid 80s here until May I assume, so one last go around for the Seersucker Napoli and White Walts, with the suede dub monks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Great Chambray shirt islander....deets?

3. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Received my Carmina Anderson jumper boot and love it! Such an awesome boot! Epaulet guys - any belt that you would recommend with these? I'm thinking the sand suede belt may go well with these boots..?

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Looking rad Frank and Rob!

Mike: Will the Nightshade trousers be at Santa Monica?

Carmina shells today and a radical tie from our own Rob:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^Geez, wj4. I guess the Carminas are the only EP item, but that's one heck of a look. And quite a use for a rainbow seersucker tie. Nice.

1 person likes this.
  6. L.I.T.

L.I.T. Well-Known Member

Loving the solovair short wings Rob. I got a pair myself and love the feel of the sole super comfortable.

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nice, Rob's ties are fantastic!

And yes, we'll have the Nightshade's here early next week.

Thank you so much! This is the Kudu Antelope version, right? Agreed, the Sand Suede would make a nice compliment to it. I'd wear the British Tan Bridle leather with it too. Right now the boots are much lighter in tone, but they won't be for long.

Tour De Force! Love these looks.

Good to see the Greeley's out for the season!

Yup, I do. I'll scan them tomorrow and we'll add all of them into the preorder item as well.

The cotton is absolutely brilliant on these - a really soft mid-weight Japanese twill. I LOVE the Aubergine color.

8. NewYorkIslander

Thanks GM. Its a Schott, made for the Japanese market (so fits a lot like an EP shirt, but with skinnier arms (the arms are so skinny I can barely roll the sleeves up).

9. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I stopped by the Manhattan store the other day on my way through New York. Matt was very welcoming and it was great to be back. I can confirm some things that you already know:

1. The Veneto vest is outstanding.
    2. The Mulberry leather jacket is also very well done. If you don't already have a leather jacket take a look.
    3. The Kudo antelope boots are pretty damned cool.

Those who have bought the kudo boots, I think we will to see some pictures of how they look after 6 months of wear. And it may not be to soon to start thinking about other styles for this leather. A chukka, perhaps?

I will watch carefully for news about the new tweed trousers. I don't think I have ever seen orange tweed trousers before. Do I dare?

10. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

My wife thought the aubergine was amazing as well. What color shirt would you pair this with?

11. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member Affiliate Vendor

There's not much that won't work with them. Think of them in the same way you think of navy and you can pair them with basically anything, barring maybe red or orange based shirts (a burnt orange might work and not look too Halloween though). They'll be pretty damn versatile.

Good seeing you! Glad we could be so accommodating!

These flannels and tweeds are some of my favorites we have done. I didn't think I could like a lineup more than the FW 12 deliveries, but the orange tweed might just push this one over the top.

12. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Yep, the kudu antelope version. Okay, I'll choose one of those. Also, as a huge fan of everything (or most everything) orange, I will have to pick up a pair of the sandy orange tweed walts!

13. digga

digga Senior member

I want to get a pair of size 34 rivet chinos with a ~30 inch inseam tapered down to somewhere between 7.25-7.50 inches at the leg opening. Do I need to have this done at both the inseam and the outseam or can I just have it done from the inseam? My tailor was concerned that it might screw up the balance of the legs if he only alters the inseam, but he said he will do it however I want.

Thanks!

14. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Good question. On the same subject, are MTO Rivets tapered proportionally when a shorter inseam is selected? Or, so they make the pant with the stock, unhemmed leg and just hem it up without adjusting the taper?

15. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

My Spiewak coat just arrived. Why is it 80º still? Why don't the seasons change with my sartorial whims?

16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

What type of welt is on the tyrol?

17. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

mike did the pattern change on the Spiewak N3-B?

i just tried on a 38 and it wouldnt fit because it was too tight at the bottom and pulling in the front. 40 was a better fit. last year i tried on the 38 and it was perfect. i went home to sleep on the jacket and it sold out.

im regularly a size 38.

18. tricky

tricky Senior member

Yikes don't tell me this. I'm a 39 and ordered the 38, in-line with the product description sizing recommendation.

19. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

No, it didn't change at all. This is one of Spiewak's vintage patterns and the run this year fits just like the one last year. But, maybe you changed a bit? I know that I have :embar:

It's a natural reverse leather welt

[​IMG]

The leg opening from 30" and longer is the same, so you don't need an additional taper necessarily. It's going to open up if you go shorter than 30" though. This is usually the case with most trousers and chinos.

Yes, that's definitely no problem. We have guys who get the stock Rivet Chinos tapered all of the time. Working with just the inseam is just fine.

You definitely should - those are going to be so freaking fresh with the Kudu boots!

1 person likes this.
  20. NewYorkIslander

Holding on to summer like my high school sweetheart before she leaves for college in my Burgundy Hopsack Walt and Suede Austerity Brogues:
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.