• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Are there plans on ordering the Brixton #8 wingtip boot with natural sole in 6.5D? If not, is there a way to get that size ordered? Thanks.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, interested in getting some of their Rivet Chinos, problem being, a couple of the pair's I'm after, aren't listed in my size(30), is this because they're out of stock? Is there a chance of them making it for me in that size?

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, interested in getting some of their Rivet Chinos, problem being, a couple of the pair's I'm after, aren't listed in my size(30), is this because they're out of stock? Is there a chance of them making it for me in that size?
Yes, and depends on the fabric. I believe they restock their staple fabrics every so often, but not always the seasonal ones.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, and depends on the fabric. I believe they restock their staple fabrics every so often, but not always the seasonal ones.

Fantastic, also, is it worth the extra for the 10oz?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

is there a link to follow the womens sale

We'll have it shortly - actually building out everything online today.

That is a bummer you are getting rid of the ladies' gear. My girl always loved your stuff.

Mine as well.

I know, my apologies. It was a bummer for us too. We had a decent fan base, but just not enough to support all the real estate in our shops and the work that we have to put into it. But, we'll have a bunch of avaiable stock and some gonzo-low prices for the last hurrah!

Mike,

Are there plans on ordering the Brixton #8 wingtip boot with natural sole in 6.5D? If not, is there a way to get that size ordered? Thanks.

Ah my apologies, we no longer do any kind of special orders on Alden styles. The delivery time is just too unpredictable. We take special orders on Carmina nearly every month, and I do a lot of shell cordovan with them. If you wear a 6.5D in the Brixton, then you're most likely a 6UK in Carmina. I'll have some shell boot preorders going live today actually, and I'll post them up here once they're active.

We're awaiting a big restock of Rivet Chinos that should be here early next week. What fabrics are you looking for?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah my apologies, we no longer do any kind of special orders on Alden styles. The delivery time is just too unpredictable. We take special orders on Carmina nearly every month, and I do a lot of shell cordovan with them. If you wear a 6.5D in the Brixton, then you're most likely a 6UK in Carmina. I'll have some shell boot preorders going live today actually, and I'll post them up here once they're active.

Wow, so no more Alden pre-orders at all? I guess the infamous 2-year wait for the Ravello Brixton killed that, haha. I'm still on for a Cigar LWB on the Leydon and a Whiskey Plaza wingtip boot as well....I think those started about a year ago, hopefully they don't take as long. I definitely need to try on some more Carmina and get my sizing down so I can start getting in on some of those pre-orders.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We'll have it shortly - actually building out everything online today.

I know, my apologies. It was a bummer for us too. We had a decent fan base, but just not enough to support all the real estate in our shops and the work that we have to put into it. But, we'll have a bunch of avaiable stock and some gonzo-low prices for the last hurrah!
We're awaiting a big restock of Rivet Chinos that should be here early next week. What fabrics are you looking for?

Alden needs to get their **** together and expand production. Not too much, but, seriously, just a bit. Shell styles probably can't be helped, but there is plenty of room for growth with suede and calf, damn it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wow, so no more Alden pre-orders at all? I guess the infamous 2-year wait for the Ravello Brixton killed that, haha. I'm still on for a Cigar LWB on the Leydon and a Whiskey Plaza wingtip boot as well....I think those started about a year ago, hopefully they don't take as long. I definitely need to try on some more Carmina and get my sizing down so I can start getting in on some of those pre-orders.

Yeah, no more for us. It's taking so long that we've offered all preorder Alden customers the option to get a refund, no matter when they placed the order and what size they bought. I just don't want to keep people's deposits for years without the ability to give them an estimated completion date.

I made it a day before I caved. I feel like I accomplished something.

Haha, thanks so much! Enjoy the shirt!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got a few new shirts in! Mainline Epaulet fit:

Cutaway Collar Navy Microstripe: $150

Cutaway Collar Purple Microgingham: $130

Cutaway Collar White-Blue-Green Tattersall: $150

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was beginning to make peace with my Ravello pre-order, but hearing that you've dropped Alden pre-orders in general is worrisome.

Also Mike, any chance of your mainline dress shirts coming without a pocket?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cross-post from our Carmina MTO thread....

Greeley Boot Special Orders

Hey gentlemen,

The Greeley boots are up and online! There are five variants to choose from, and preorders will be accepted until Jan 27th. Here's the details:

1. Delivery is estimated between April and June, but we'll work to get them on the earlier side of that window.
2. Carmina passed along a pretty hefty price increase to all of their retail partners, so the shell boots will be $975 and the Calf & Suede will be $685.
3. This boot is on the Forest last, so wide fittings can be ordered in all sizes.
4. Carmina shoe trees are included in the price.
5. Deposits are non-refundable. Once the order is submitted (Jan 28th), we cannot submit any size changes.
6. Customers in Europe can arrange to have the boots sent directly to them from Spain. The pricing is the same, but you'll avoid the custom duties that would be charged on a parcel coming from outside the EU.

OK! Onto the good stuff:

Burgundy Shell Cordovan Greeley Boot Special Order Deposit

Navy Shell Cordovan Greeley Boot Special Order Deposit

Black Calfskin Greeley Boot Special Order Deposit

Burnished Tan Calfskin Greeley Boot Special Order Deposit

Snuff Suede Greeley Boot Special Order Deposit

Todd V

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a Southwick jacket in a 36S or 38S? I'm curious to know how much shorter the shorts actually are.... getting ready for factory finds!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics