• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike & Matt- cool bumping into you today, and thanks for being so polite after my kids nearly wrecked the place! :)

Armor Lux Hat and Large Blue Gingham Shirt (barely seen)

Really look fwd to rocking those Carminas! Enjoy Florence man!

SVB, you have such a baby face, you look 12 years old...awesome! Looked like a cool party.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

mikeharo

Reaction score
How is your store name pronounced? I thought it was E-paul-eh (rhymes with piolet)

Louys

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to wear with the mint rivets? I'm considering getting a pair for spring.

pistolero

Reaction score

We've got a delivery pending in the next 2-3 weeks, which will restock some Fall basics like Oxford Grey flannel, Navy flannel, our 120's and wool/cashmere dress pants, some cottons. We had a little left of Ironwood and Ivy Marl tweed that we cut into a few more units. And our Spring 1 delivery will come around early Feb, that's going to bring in some new cotton goods and some CRAZY new Linens - including a rad grape linen.

:drool: can't wait to see this!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to wear with the mint rivets? I'm considering getting a pair for spring.

You can just treat them like grey pants. Blue or white OCBD, gingham shirts, they'll work.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^I have the mint and I agree that they match pretty easily. They are a great summer weight too. Recommended.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How is your store name pronounced? I thought it was E-paul-eh (rhymes with piolet)

No worries, people make that mistake all of the time. It's pronounced eh-pah-let, with a distinct "t" at the end. "Epaulette" is the original French spelling, and "Epaulet" is the anglo version of that.

The way that you were thinking isn't far off. "Shoulder" in French is "épaule," which is pronounced close to how you sounded it out. A lot of people are familiar with that French pronunciation - they picked it up in a grade school class, heard it in a movie, etc.

They're pretty easy to match - you can wear many of the same things that you would wear with khakis. White and cream shirts look best on top IMO, and they're boss with more casual shoes, like suede penny loafers and white sneakers. It's a really comfortable and cool fabric.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys ever thought of making waistcoats?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics