• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Yeah...I can already see some of the scales falling off. Glad to know that it will be resilient!

Today: Shetland cardigan from last year and Awning Walt:

Last edited:

stlms3

Reaction score
Thanks mike! I will probably take you up on the $40 up charrge for some cargo Oxford gray walts. I guess that means that you could probably do them in a 10oz or lighter olive or khaki cotton walt too? I'll just PM about that too. I will catch up after Christmas about them.

avery

Reaction score
I have a question about Epaulet shirting fits. I just received two shirts from the sale, both in size Medium:

This mashup gingham button down
http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/mens-clothing/products/mens-buttondown-collar-gingham-mashup

and this club collar gingham
http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...s/mens-club-collar-oxford-kelly-green-gingham

I'm a bit confused. Both shirts say slim fit on the website but the club collar one is much too tight and short, while the mashup one fits perfectly. The club collar one actually feels like it's a full size smaller. Are these actually two different fits? How can I distinguish if I want to order more?

Thanks guys.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

any chance we'll see the single monks in a "regular" leather like french calfskin? love the look of them, but too cheap to shell out for shell.

+1

Although, I was planning to spend my (soon to be, heh heh...) championship money from fantasy football on a pair of those shell Rands (my size just sold out though). I think I'd actually prefer a pair in chocolate calfskin.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Killing it today, wj4.

+1 to this. Great look from wj4 and I love the action shots. Clearly having a bit of fun.

Have to say NYI has been posting some outstanding photos as well. Darn those overcoats are nice and I like these teaser close ups of the ties (don't think I haven't noticed the link in your signature... Waiting for the drop), and it goes workout saying that the Walts and Carminas are brilliant.

Artking3

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting some v-neck sweaters from Epaulet. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Scott & Charters sweaters, and the ones made by Ferrante? Descriptions of the wool, the fit, and other relevant information will be greatly appreciated.

Todd V

Reaction score

I'm thinking of getting some v-neck sweaters from Epaulet. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Scott & Charters sweaters, and the ones made by Ferrante? Descriptions of the wool, the fit, and other relevant information will be greatly appreciated.

The Scott & Charters are lambswool sheltlands (thicker, warmer) and the Ferrante's are merino (thinner, cooler). I haven't tried the S&C but the Ferrante's seemed to fit me a size (or two) large compared to the measurements of the S&C.

CaliforniaSon

Reaction score
re: sand bedford cords

absolutely badass. love the material, love the color. my new favorite pants. thanks Epaulet!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious what the next non-Carmina shoe drops are? Any info/hints?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

re: sand bedford cords

absolutely badass.  love the material, love the color.  my new favorite pants.  thanks Epaulet!

I'm waiting for a restock on these...can't believe I missed out on my size. I definitely won't make that mistake again

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Nice!

The plum duck rivets are next on my list to get.

Also digging the cardigan. I don't have any heavy cardigans and I think I'm going to have to start looking for one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads