• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a pair as well, although I forget what they were called... they're long gone at this point.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Will you be restocking the Caramel Duck or French Blue Duck RC anytime soon, or did I miss the most recent drop?

While the Leaf Ducks are still my favorite, the French Blue Duck in 36 just seems to keep eluding me!!! I have them in 7oz, but the subtle differences (shading, etc.) in the 10oz are amazing.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stlms3

Reaction score
Hey guys, off topic, but I remember basic point and shoot cameras being discussed a while back. I think that mike and a few others had some pretty strong opinions on suggestions. Can you guys refresh my memory with what the suggestions were? Thanks!

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, off topic, but I remember basic point and shoot cameras being discussed a while back. I think that mike and a few others had some pretty strong opinions on suggestions. Can you guys refresh my memory with what the suggestions were? Thanks!

For around $400-500, it's the Canon S100. There's another Sony model that Mike really liked, but it costs a bit more than the Canon.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For around $400-500, it's the Canon S100. There's another Sony model that Mike really liked, but it costs a bit more than the Canon.

I've got the Canon S100 as well as the Sony RX100 and while the Canon is fantastic, the Sony is a cut above. It costs about 1.5 times more and the profile is slightly thicker but it's a hell of a camera!

stlms3

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations guys, s100 is $250 on amazon now, and since the we have a nicer camera, this should be perfect.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Totally spaced and took regiment twill Walts to tailor w/out washing. Had them shortened a bit and a little taken in at seat. Waist left alone.
Cold wash hang dry gonna be OK or at things gonna get shorter/snugger?

They're going to shrink about a half inch in length after the cold wash. If you got them hemmed with a little bit of break, then you should be okay. If you got them hemmed with no break, then you'll be halfway to Matt's standard length. Which could be cool in its own way! Just get some striped socks and bring it Junya style.

No CXL Alt Wien in UK10? Bummer. Will there be a restock? Great looking new Carminas all around, though. Well done!

Thank you sir! We brought in two units, but a in-store guy actually bought both of them. We'll most likely restock this in the Spring. Not sure if we'll do it exactly in brown cxl, but the Alt Wien is going to be a regular thing here. I love that style.

damn. Navy Flannella Walts are my new favorite trouser. love these.

Thank you! Man, I love that fabric - glad to hear that you dig it!

Some shots from the last few days...first Holiday Show at school, pretty sad thinking as I was enjoying our little guys (K-8) sing Christmas Carols the horror that other little guys were going through just a couple of hours away...my heart is absolutely broken as a teacher, and a parent...but:

And then today, being Santa Claus while the kids are with Grandpa is not easy...I nearly took out half the people in the mall with these bags:
Held em all a little tighter these last two days:

Very cute pics dude!

Will you be restocking the Caramel Duck or French Blue Duck RC anytime soon, or did I miss the most recent drop?
While the Leaf Ducks are still my favorite, the French Blue Duck in 36 just seems to keep eluding me!!! I have them in 7oz, but the subtle differences (shading, etc.) in the 10oz are amazing.

Definitely restocking Caramel Duck in the next 3-4 weeks. French blue we still have a lot of inventory in with other sizes, but, you know, we can probably order you a single unit to be cut in the next order if you're confident of your size. You can drop Matt a PM at leftofthedial to set that up.

So, I'm a bit divided on this.

The Canon S100 is a pretty good camera. The price is GREAT these days. It's very capable and takes quick, easy photos. I had one, enjoyed it, and recommended it quite a bit.

The thing is, I didn't find that it had a lot of soul. For daytime shots I'd more often use the Iphone 4S, as the photos that come out of that have a look to them that I really like. I only really used the S100 for indoor flash shots - which is does a brilliant job with.

I now have the Sony RX100. Sold the Canon to partially fund it. I LOVE THIS CAMERA! The RX100 is small, quick, and takes really gorgeous shots. Better image quality, stronger colors, and way more personality than any compact camera that I've ever seen. The "high contrast monochrome" setting takes legitimately rad black and white images. Quick to focus too. I'd absolutely recommend that as the very best item out there for anyone looking for a compact camera.

CTYGGG

Reaction score

EP & Alden

Mike, those Ruby Carmina boots are off the hook!

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cross-post from Carmina thread...

Hey guys!

I imagine that most of you have seen this already, but here's the full lineup of Carmina's that we received - all posted below.

For another bit of good news - we've got another massive shipment en-route from Spain as we speak. It flew last Friday, and I see a bunch of navy - both calfskin and shell cordovan - on the manifest. We're going to fight like hell to get it here before Christmas, but if we miss that date, then we'll definitely get it between Christmas and New Years.

Onto the nu shooz!

Bradbury Perforated Captoe Boot Ruby Shell Cordovan: $895

Radiant Ruby shell in a dressy captoe boot.

Rand Single Monk Cognac Shell Cordovan: $825

This is an excluisve makeup for us - we spec'd this awesome single monk on the comfortable Rain last.

Steinbeck Shortwing Boot Burgundy Shell Cordovan: $895

Our tough wingtip boot in gorgeous burg shell.

Alt Wien Semi-Brogue Captoe Brown Chromexcel: $525

We just freaking love the Alt Wien shape. We made this one for our friends facing harsh weather this season. Water-resistant chromexcel on the combo York sole.

Sinclair Shortwing Boot Saddle Shell Cordovan & Scotchgrain: $895

This was our made-to-order makeup, and Carmina cut an additional 3 pairs. We've got one 8UK, and two 8.5UK's.

stlms3

Reaction score
Navy shoes for the website, not special order? You guys never seem to want to reveal too many specifics before the shoes are ready for the shelf (which makes total sense), but can you mention if they are shoes/boots, calf/cordovan and special order/regular shelf stock?... Navy is the closest I'll get to black right now so I really NEED a pair. I keep a pair of AE Leeds in black just in case, but I hope that I never have to wear them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads