1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sales Tax Will Be Paid For at Santa Monica Launch Event

Hey guys!

We've been working on the Montana Ave shop all day today - it's coming along nicely! I'll have some photos to share soon.

I've received a lot of PM's from local guys who are debating buying things before or after the party due to sales tax. We'll have to start charging Cali sales tax on this Saturday the 24th.

But for party-goers, don't worry about it. Sales tax will be on me that day, and we'll effectively discount your purchases by 9% so that the final cost to you is the same as it was before. So feel free if you want to wait and pick something up at the event. We'll have lots of new stuff that day including Luchino polos, Epaulet shirts, trousers, and of course those fine Vass Austerity Brogues!

4 people like this.
  2. badsha

badsha Senior member

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer: Mike will you have the UK Donegal Tweeds Navy & Ironwood on hand?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  3. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

Mike, what the smallest size you ordered for the Vass Austerity Brogues? I'll probably need a US7.5...

Any Vass x Epaulet MTO project ideas?

Boo on the Cali tax, but congrats on the new Santa Monica store! I'm backpacking in the Sierras this weekend, but I'll try to get down to LA at some point to visit.

4. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Feel my NYS tax pain, but the stuff is worth it. [​IMG] Nightshade, is great, indeed!! I had a chance to see them in store. I wish I had the cash to drop!!!!

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

What time are you opening Sat?

6. Wade

Wade Senior member

It's great. When I originally purchased it, i thought it was only going to be room for my macbook air and a thin notebook but it's a bit more spacious than that. The leather is not too hard and not too soft and the briefcase is not as heavy as something like saddleback's briefcase so that get's a +1 in my eyes. If you're in the market for a briefcase, I'd say go for it. A good quality leather briefcase can easily run you a lot more than the ~300

7. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike--

Now that you have been introduced to the wonderful world of sporting clays, how about introducing a shooting sport coat. I would love to see the epaulet take on the traditional English shooting coat...the only detail that I would recommend keeping is the bi-swing back... And perhaps a shooting shirt as well...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Reveille

Reveille Well-Known Member

Thanks! That's good to know as I love the pattern on that fabric!

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

And make a left handed version!

10. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Got the Nightshade Walts today as well. Didn't have a chance to try them on yet, but the color/fabric is awesome! I keep wanting to call them Lampshade or Night Ranger ;)

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

What color is it? It looks like a light blue?

12. applky

applky Senior member

It's a basic operation for any tailor and works well on Walts. I've done it on a few of mine.

Agreed 100% (or I guess 108.875%). Hope the opening of the CA store goes well!

Another voice for the Nightshade Flannel. Incredible trousers, and, with the tweeds, a pretty serious first fall drop for mid-August.

13. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Will the nightshade be available for the coming rudy order? Hearing so much about it makes me want to get a pair.

14. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

there's a loophole in the epaulet website where you never have to pay sales tax regardless of where you are. whether or not this loop hole is intentional, it works and i'm glad for it, and i'm sure everyone here is smart enough to figure it out.

15. Costa

Costa Senior member

I hope so, looking forward to the Rudy offerings!

16. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Blue ducks:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Great, Wis. I love my 7oz French Blues, and they're the most adequate for my climate, but every time I see them in duck I have just a pang of jealousy.

18. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

Will the canvas rivet chinos in olive be coming back anytime soon?

19. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I love those blue ducks. Can I ask what jacket you're wearing? Great combo!

20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Haha. Thanks, J!

Sure. It's from J. Brand. Got it at Barneys.