• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thecool85

Reaction score
Just got back from George's and I can't thank you enough for the recommendation, SVB. I went to junior high school in the area and had no idea he was there. His customer service was incredible and he obviously knew his stuff. On top of that, he had 4 different customers walk in while he was helping me who were damn near singing his praises for previous work he had done for them. I'm looking forward to working with George for all my future tailoring needs.

upgrayedd

Reaction score
Small world. I went to Mr. Lee to make a couple of my dress shirts for me.
were you happy w/ the shirts? the last couple of times i've bought dress shirts, i went to ascot chang and couldn't be happier w/ them, but since mr. lee has done such an exquisite job on alterations, i've been temped to go to him next time around.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be dope if Epaulet made suits.

Great stuff all around.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

were you happy w/ the shirts? the last couple of times i've bought dress shirts, i went to ascot chang and couldn't be happier w/ them, but since mr. lee has done such an exquisite job on alterations, i've been temped to go to him next time around.

The first one was good. The ones after that left much to be desired for. He's a good guy, but price to quality ratio dropped.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Just got back from George's and I can't thank you enough for the recommendation, SVB. I went to junior high school in the area and had no idea he was there. His customer service was incredible and he obviously knew his stuff. On top of that, he had 4 different customers walk in while he was helping me who were damn near singing his praises for previous work he had done for them. I'm looking forward to working with George for all my future tailoring needs.

Damn straight, George is awesome. Glad it worked out for you.

He's going to start noticing a trend if everyone keeps bringing Epaulet items to him...
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gitman dot shirt fits one size small? Going by measurements the large should work but want to make sure.

ElDave

Reaction score

And honestly, I tell Mike this ad nauseum, but the fact that he has all of his products made right here in the US is a huge reason why I started (and continue to) shop at Epaulet. For me its also important that Mike is local...he is part of the Brooklyn small business community (and NYC) and to me thats so important. It helps his products kick as too, but at so many levels, knowing all of my money stays in countries that have fair labor laws, and so much of its stays right here in the local community, is so important.

I could not agree more. I like to buy American when I can (hence why all my leather shoes, save one pair, are Alden) and Epaulet makes it a no-brainer. You get enormous value and can feel good about where your purchase came from. Can't wait till my next trip to NYC so I can visit the shop.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn straight, George is awesome. Glad it worked out for you.

He's going to start noticing a trend if everyone keeps bringing Epaulet items to him... :D

Commence the operation!

DividedWay

Reaction score
I just received an Epaulet shirt, and while I'm not wearing many dress shirts at the moment, god damn am I glad I found you. I'd had serious trouble with BBBF, eHaberdasher, KW, and Epaulet finally fit me right on.

Also the shirt's nice and that stuff, but you knew that already. Thanks!

neutrino

Reaction score
If I ever have a chance to come to NYC, I'm heading to the store first thing, just to say hello or maybe grab something
satisfied.gif

nathanl

Reaction score
If I ever have a chance to come to NYC, I'm heading to the store first thing, just to say hello or maybe grab something
satisfied.gif
This is me. My wife and I are headed there in a couple weeks and stopping by the store its tops on the list!
nod[1].gif

sridhar3

Reaction score
satisfied.gif

If I'm in NYC, I'm going to the store to ostracize them for not using sweatshop labor and making the products cheaper.

nest.gif

Abecedarian

Reaction score
I live in Brooklyn and have the pleasure of visiting Epaulet whenever I like. I've never enjoyed a store more. The danger in that goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. I went to Orchard St. to pick up an Ashland tattersall shirt and, before I could help myself, a stunning Southwick blazer seduced me with her sweet siren song. It happens often.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And honestly, I tell Mike this ad nauseum, but the fact that he has all of his products made right here in the US is a huge reason why I started (and continue to) shop at Epaulet. For me its also important that Mike is local...he is part of the Brooklyn small business community (and NYC) and to me thats so important. It helps his products kick as too, but at so many levels, knowing all of my money stays in countries that have fair labor laws, and so much of its stays right here in the local community, is so important.

You said it. I also appreciate that Mike's explains why he chooses all of his makers -- really interesting stories to hear. Being a Bk small business is, for me, a big one, too. And it helps that everyone in the shop is awesome.

I live in Brooklyn and have the pleasure of visiting Epaulet whenever I like. I've never enjoyed a store more. The danger in that goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. I went to Orchard St. to pick up an Ashland tattersall shirt and, before I could help myself, a stunning Southwick blazer seduced me with her sweet siren song. It happens often.

Yeah, it does...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics