1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

In addition to all the above.

EP has nice buttons--different color MOPs, nice horns. GBV has cheap chalk ones on like $200 retail shirts.

Once you nail down your size, you just have to wait for new and interesting fabrics to pop up and whammo!

On that vein....

....any new shirts on the horizon? (as in next week)

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Thanks for the quick responses. Looks like an in-house OCBD for me. Just need to sort out if I'll take a L or XL.

3. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

+1. Also, I may be in the minority, but since I'm largely a chino, not a walt, guy, I would like to see some of the variety we're seeing with walt fabrics also come to the chino territory [​IMG]

4. ReedCA

ReedCA Senior member

Thanks. This was probably my fourth wear. I wore them around the house for a few days to try to stretch them before taking them out into the wild. They are better than they were, but I'll probably have them let out.

The windowpane is white/cream. I have seen that suitsupply suit (in pictures) and agree it looks very similar.

The jump in size was a big factor for me, I gave up on Gitman because it just doesn't fit me right.
    GBV medium = too big
    GBV small = too tight
    Epaulet medium = Just right [​IMG]

5. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Mike mentioned that the canvas Smith jean will also have a MTO option - when do you expect that to roll out?

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, we're developing that as we speak. We're working on the options that we can offer on that - which will be mostly things like contrast stitching, different metal fly buttons, and a buckleback on the rear. We're still a bit out on getting all the details together. But we sold a bunch of MTO chinos today, so I'm sure that will inspire the factory to accelerate the work on making the Smith jean as well. With the Smith jean we won't be able to offer it as a washed piece, but we will be able to offer it in every color of duck canvas that we stock, so that's going to be great.
    We won't be able to offer the same fabrics in the chino as we do in the walt, but I'm working on a tight selection of MTO things that we can offer: along the lines of corduroy, double-faced, cotton-cashmere, basic flannel, etc. We're also doing a TON of development for chinos in general this season. You guys can expect a great lineup of new Japanese fabrics to come around late October.
    Feel free to email Matt directly at matt@epauletnewyork.com if you need personalized sizing advice. He'll be glad to help!
    Yes, we're definitely restocking moss duck canvas - probably in about 4-6 weeks. I don't see us running any stock wools in the RC, but we will have a few of them available for MTO orders.
    The guys here did a great job answering this question already, but I'll add two quick points: 1. Gitman Vintage makes an excellent shirt, and we've carried their products in the store for years. I mostly do it because they have nutzo fabrics and cool dye washes that we can't offer in our regular line. But it's important to note that they're a wholesale line while we're a direct line. Most of my fabrics are more expensive than what GV can offer due to their selling setup. So we generally pack a higher value for the price. 2. The sizing on GV is a lot more extreme. There's four inches in the chest measurement between sizes, versus 2 inches on our shirts, and most other shirts on the market. As a result, it's very common for guys to get caught between two sizes. The armholes are fairly high and the body can fit a little roomy. It all depends on your build: some guys wear GV perfectly. But we find that our shirts fit a much larger percentage of our customers.
    No, absolutely not. The twill taping is a design accent. The outseam will be just as strong.
    They'll definitely be brilliant with the grey jacket, but might look a bit too matched up for the navy-ish one.
    We'll definitely do a large Rudy round right after the main Fall Walt delivery - which should be in the next two weeks. I don't have any cords on order for Fall, but we can build some out for MTO work if you guys are interested in them.
    Thank you! Sadly, this is our one and only delivery of it for the season and it just comes in grey. We're all in love with this jacket. It's really a brilliant outerwear piece for a warmer climate, and its still slim enough to fit under a heavier coat in a cold area. Stock on it is pretty tight actually - we made 12 of them and sold about 4 so far today. We'll have much more sweaters and outerwear this season, but this guy is pretty special.
    Thank you sir!
    Oh absolutely. We'll have a bunch of flannels and tweeds across all colors this Fall. The Nightshade is pretty special though - that heathered appearance really looks fantastic up close. I typically don't bring in Fall trousers this early, but I thought that they were the most compelling fabric of the season, and the other three were our best-sellers from last year.
    Yes, we're beginning with these fabrics and we're planning to layer in more as time goes on, kind of like our Southwick MTO program (which BTW will be refreshed with all-new Fall fabrics in a few weeks). The price increase is actually $20, not $30 - thanks for pointing that out. I adjusted it on the site. Starting with this season, we do have to charge that up-fee for any special orders outside of our stock pieces, as that covers the individual shipping cost and the single-unit upcharge that the factory accesses. I know that a lot of guys end up paying $12 or so for their tailor to do the hem, so hopefully it ends up being mostly a wash for many customers. We'll look to expand into more fabrics and more customization options as well as we do more pattern work.
    Ah, yes it is. Sorry about the confusion on that.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Thanks for the explanation, Mike.

8. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Quick on Mike's heels:

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Knit Blouson Light Grey Superfine Merino - $375

Like he said, this is pretty special and not something we'll be stocking a lot of this season. This style of sweater is something that we're all very fond of and this fits the Epaulet bill perfectly. Not too formal, not too casual.

And judging by how many pairs we've sold today, you guys are excited about this!

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Rivet Chino MTO 8 oz Canvas - $155

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Rivet Chino MTO Ripstop - $155

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Rivet Chino MTO Duck Canvas - $170

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Rivet Chino MTO Bedford Cord - $170

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Anyone have experience letting out their epaulet pants? Is it a fairly straight forward/easy process for a tailor?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  10. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

I've had some walts and rivets let out in the thigh and the waist. My tailor didn't have any problem, but one thing to note is that there isn't a whole lot of fabric to let out in the Rivets (I'm talking about the thigh and seat not the waist). You'll definitely want to keep that in mind.

11. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

MTO Epaulet pants with lots of options???

You guys are genius!!!

12. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

I am definitely interested in anything Rudy.

13. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

In response to el argentino...quote function seems not to be working from my iPad:
    The Gitman Vintage are just a bit too large for my liking....the Epaulet are a bit to small (both size medium), if I could get mediums sans darts in Epaulet it would be just right.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  14. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

THE THINGS I WOULD DO FOR WHITE!

15. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

I have several of both. I wear a 42L jacket, a L in Gorman Vintage, and an XL in Epaulet. The GV fit nicely in the shoulder, but the waist is way too big and the sleeves are slightly short. The Epaulet XL is literally perfect, and I should honestly stop trying to buy any other brands. Epaulet shirts are fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  16. wj4

wj4 Senior member

White ducks:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Will you guys be doing any PTB in the future other than the navy shell (I already have a pair of navy shell shoes)? I wanted to add in a special size order.

18. kdv10

kdv10 Well-Known Member

Me too!

This is the white I'm looking for too! Fantastic pic!

19. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Thanks Mike, good to hear. Of course I meant not the same fabrics, but rather the amount of different choices. [​IMG]

20. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

Definitely Rudy fit cords if possible. The standard Rivet chinos just don't fit! :(