• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So I bought the sample run size 31 Walts from the epauletnewyork site (my first foray into wool walts and I am impressed). The waist is pretty good (maybe just a hair tight) but the seat area gives me a murphy in the back. Will letting out the waist a bit help? Do I let out the seat? Both?

I'd take it by a decent tailor in your area and show them how it fits you. Most likely a mixture of letting it out in the waist and the seat will work, but let them be the judge.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK, lots of new stuff to show...

The Southwick for Michael Kuhle "Napoli" Jacket

We're REALLY proud of this. As the story goes, earlier this year we released the "Marcello." Made in Naples, the construction of this jacket - especially the shoulder - was just fantastic. The body was a bit too slim for our style, so we began working on a refinement of this concept.

Southwick delivered hard as hell in that department. They put together a true soft-shouldered coat that gave the same easy vibe as the Marcello but with the excellent fit of the Caine/Weller. I'm confident that this is the finest soft-shouldered jacket on the market for this price, anywhere.

We introduced it in two fabrics. First is our best-selling wool hopsack. If you don't have a wool hopsack jacket in your wardrobe, then pick one up - it's incredibly versatile, and you'll be surprised with how much constant wear out of it.

Napoli Unstructured Sportcoat Navy Hopsack: $650

AND, we made the jacket in soft organic duck canvas. I'm THRILLED with how this made up. Most other duck canvas jackets on the market are done with a real heritage, workwear vibe. Like Monitaly. With this piece we kept the refined shape and added self elbow patches. The resulting piece is kind of a like a more rugged, more relaxed version of wool hopsack. Breathes really nicely too. And the best news: matching Walt trousers will be here in about 3 weeks, and they'll sell for $175. An entire Duck Canvas suit could be yours for $720.

Napoli Unstructured Sportcoat Navy Duck Canvas: $545

And as always, these jackets can be ordered in 34, 42 through 48, and in shorts, longs, and xtra-longs for an additional $50.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Epaulet Ties - Made in London

Here's another all-new category for us. A tight assortment of traditional English ties - all of which are hand-made in London. The first five are done in printed virgin wool, with self-tipped, unlined points. They tie into a beautiful knot, and the wool has a wonderful way of muting the bold colors ever so slightly. They immediately stand out from the pack, and you can literally pass these along to your grandsons. The quality on them is off the charts. The sixth tie is 100% silk, also handmade, and fully lined to the tip.

Self-Tipped Wool Tie Navy w/Gold Dots: $150

Self-Tipped Wool Tie Purple w/Green Dots

Self-Tipped Wool Tie Paisley Burgundy: $150

Self-Tipped Wool Tie Paisley Orange: $150

Purple Hound Dogs Self-Tipped Wool Tie: $150

Self-Tipped Silk Tie Navy w/Red Dots: $120

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love a pocket square in the same fabric as the burgundy paisley tie :slayer:

Also - any more factory finds going up on the site? I think all the ones up now are the same ones that were there in the last round....unless some new ones went up and sold out before I was able to check the site.

Will there be any Rudy pre-orders of any of the current stock fabrics too?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I would love a pocket square in the same fabric as the burgundy paisley tie :slayer:
Also - any more factory finds going up on the site? I think all the ones up now are the same ones that were there in the last round....unless some new ones went up and sold out before I was able to check the site.
Will there be any Rudy pre-orders of any of the current stock fabrics too?

Yes on both points - I've got four additional new factory finds to go up tomorrow, and we'll build out Rudy preorders for all in-season fabrics that we have remaining cloth on.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes on both points - I've got four additional new factory finds to go up tomorrow, and we'll build out Rudy preorders for all in-season fabrics that we have remaining cloth on.

sweet...also just picked up the navy/brick madras shorts from the new site. In my adult life, I've never owned a pair of shorts other than gym or running shorts. Now that I live down south, I think it was time to get a proper pair.

Last edited:

barrangadang

Reaction score
Scooby Doo tie looks like you'd need some serious steez to wear.

Also, my order just came in today, the Walt Shorts are awesome, I didn't expect them to be shipped so soon I guess you guys must really be on top of things.

thecool85

Reaction score

The denim trousers are amazing!!! I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and had the opportunity to see these bad boys.

*sigh* I had a feeling they would be. Sorry, wallet. I know I told you I wouldn't keep doing this to you, but they make it so hard.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Studying for finals w/ some flair: Duck RC's in Plum.

Know we're a ways off from Sp/Su, but wondering if Epaulet will be releasing a 7oz again this year in a similar bold orange to last summer? Should've jumped on that train while they were still in stock, but here's hoping!

haiglarsen

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but the search results weren't bringing up anything. Is the fabric for the Gunmetal Regiment Twill Walts the same fabric used for the Gunmetal Rivets? It says 8oz. on both of their descriptions.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epaulet Ties - Made in London

Since all except the last ties have unlined points, isn't it impossible for them to be self-tipped? Not that I'm complaining; I like untipped ties with hand-rolled edges.

wakawaka

Reaction score
^ Can't help it, have to thumb up, I think these boots combine great looks with usefulness. Everybody talks about their perfect boot, well I think for me - this is the perfect boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics