1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

I'm looking to unload my 30/30 medium gray walt trousers. I realized that the 29 fits me better, so I'll have to special order another pair. I'm trying to offer it here before putting it in the marketplace. Since I don't have access to paypal, I'm looking to meet up somewhere in NYC for the transaction rather than resorting to money order payments.

I've worn it about 3 times and the pants are in great condition (pretty much new). If you guys live in NYC and want pictures, just PM me for more info. I'll pretty much accept any fair price (something similar to the marketplace or a tad cheaper).

2. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Wish I didn't already have the medium gray :(. Considered just having them taken in?

3. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

I have the 29s in navy and the thighs fit better as well. I would love to take in the waist, but I prefer the 29s for overall fit.

4. james ep

james ep Active Member

I'm actually the exact same size-- right down to being a little tight in the Barrie-- and I took an EU42 which is working out great.

1 person likes this.
  5. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

So I've been going on and on about navy pants and I when I was about to purchase some, I saw the burgundy hopsack, and i vaguely remember Mike saying this was the last round of them, so I koped them instead haha... I guess navy will be next.

Anyway, Mike, do you have any patterned shirts about to come online that are either year round or fall themed? The madras look great, but I am not sure if i want to jump on something that I will only wear for another month or two this year. I also really like the frost chambray and may pick it up, but I have recently realized that I am seriously lacking on my patterned shirts. If they are more than a couple of weeks out, do you have any swatches to tease us with?

1 person likes this.
  6. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Thanks guys! ordering the cognac in EU42 [​IMG]

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Good call there - the burgundy hopsack was a rare and beautiful snowflake! We should have Navy Hopsack fully back in stock around the first week of October. We busted through that fabric hard!

We've got four new shirts going online tomorrow - which will actually be James' first run of doing all of the photography. I believe that some of them are patterned. We certainly have checks, plaids, and windowpanes on order a plenty for the Fall.

One thing that I'll say about our Madras though: if you like the colors, then it's really very wearable throughout the Fall. The Japanese cotton that we buy doesn't have that sloppy, gauzy texture that madras often does. If you live somewhere warmer than it obviously works, but in colder climates, I love it as a layering piece. In New York, I'd often wear madras shirts under sweaters in the winter. It's a nice way to be layered up without overheating.

You bet. Aubergine cotton and some kind of purple tweed.

And seriously, I think that I've mentioned it, but our Purple Fleck Harris Tweed sportcoat from Southwick may be the best sportcoat of all time when it arrives. All of us are salivating for it! We should get that around end September.

1 person likes this.
  8. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hollywood Nights

The guys at Terrapin have been making us all of these custom notecards for the Santa Monica store opening. I had to do this one. It's one of our top karaoke jams:

[​IMG]

We'll have them for sale in a few weeks!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  9. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

Damn, well I'll wait to see what goes up tomorrow and decide on a couple... Thanks for the layering advice; I think the more earth toned madras is stunning.

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

stoked to be able to go and see stuff in front of me before i buy it (especially the shoes), and for the flannel/tweed walt re-stock.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  11. Wade

Wade Senior member

Been debating a briefcase from either saddleback or the epaulet one on sale and went with epaulet since it looks more smooth

Hopefully it can fit everything that I want to put in it

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

The Epaulet one probably weighs less than the Saddleback which might be something worth taking into consideration. I have a briefcase from Saddleback and will say that while it is absolutely bulletproof, it is HEAVY! If I am just using it to go from the house to the car to the office and back it's not bad but if I try to avoid taking to conferences or meetings where I may be walking around with it all day.

13. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

I had just bought a Filson 256 and sort of wish I had gotten the Epaulet. If you end up not liking it...let me know! It looks as though you got the last one.

14. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I bought the other briefcase (the tan one) and it's great. Much lighter than Saddle back versions. Scratches also aren't as apparent.

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Couple of shirt fit pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Birthday celebrations can get messy, glad I had an extra on hand.

16. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

This looks great. It would be good to see the dove grey hopsack as well. This reminded me to share a pic of a custom SC Matt helped me with: ash linen Napoli. I like it. Here with natural linen Rudy trousers, ff red and white seersucker shirt, and (not visible) Epaulet natural chromexcel belt. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. Don L

Don L Senior member

Ash Linen SC looks fantastic

18. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

well tough choices today; first world problem FOR SURE!

I was gonna get two shirts but the 31 walts have been flying out the door and the caramel is such a great colorfor the fall especially, that I went with a pair of those (im sure navy will be back in soon enough), and one of these bad boys... uh the shirt that is haha. But I think that this is a great combo and it was not easy to pass on the suede belt:

[​IMG]

This is a close second to my favorite twill shirt ever; the ashland from last fall with the smaller navy, brown and caramel gingham pattern. That will be the first fall shirt I wear but this will be second. I also really do not like black, but it looks so awesome in this shirt! I would have went with the madras you talked about first, but I remember that the coolest fall shirts always sell out way too quickly! I cannot wait to see what other great shirts you guys come out with this season! Please post swatches as you get them like you did last year!

Here we go, greatest fall shirt ever IMO:

[​IMG]

And while looking through the archives I found these. Please tell me you have something similar in the works! These look kinda like a fall version of those brown 120s from this summer (favorite summer pant) (I know it is a different type of pattern, but nonetheless)

[​IMG]

19. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Kop'd the new flannel and blue chambray...sort of got my fix in now, would still like more info on upcoming shirts though

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. 45bur

45bur Senior member

Innsbruck Indys came in today [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.