• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all looking great and liking the jacket Matt is wearing more and more

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is it not simplistic to quote an 'expert' who happens to make a frightfully fresh generalisation that alludes inferior Chinese manufacturing to the root of the tainted halo of cashmere?
Let us ignore the democratisation of 'luxury' goods, the burgeoning of the aspirational classes (thus supply chain issues) coupled with the excesses of clothing mercantilism and so on.

Maybe you should "read" what we've "written" about the subject before you "go off half-cocked."

Cashmere on PTO

Also, your use of "quotation marks" and general "tone" make you seem like a bit of a "dick."

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should "read" what we've "written" about the subject before you "go off half-cocked."
Cashmere on PTO
Also, your use of "quotation marks" and general "tone" make you seem like a bit of a "dick."

I'm not a mod or a regular poster on this thread, but please keep in mind that this is the Epaulet Affiliate Thread and is not the place to have a debate about cashmere or Put This On.

Just wanted to mention that before this "conversation" goes any further.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Simplicio

Reaction score

all looking great and liking the jacket Matt is wearing more and more

Amen. I really like the oatmeal tattersall. So far I have had the willpower to resist, but I don't know how much longer it will last. I get many compliments on the olive tattersall.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Mike: I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but any new word on when the pythons are expected in? Thanks!
Should be soon. Honestly, I'm not sure what the hold up is - I know that the shoes are finished, and we received some women's pythons a little while ago. I'm expecting a delivery on Wednesday, so fingers crossed that they're in there!
Everytime I hear pythons I think of this guy:
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Yup. That just sent me down a 30 minute rabbit hole of 80's WWF videos.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Epaulet Navy Label Shirts

Hey guys!

After long last, our first collection of "Navy Label" shirts have arrived! We're thrilled with how they came out, and I think that you guys are really going to dig them. Here's the important bits:

1. The idea behind this collection is to offer a slightly more relaxed fit than our main in-house line. It's a very subtle difference. These shirts are a bit longer, the armholes are a bit deeper, and the backs are undarted. They still fit slim, they still can be worn untucked, and they still stay nice and clean against your lower back, but the shape is a little different. Most guys can comfortably wear both collections, but if you find Epaulet shirting a wee bit too restrictive, then this may be perfect for you.

2. All of these are made in the States. They've got seriously boss stacked MOP buttons and one of the best collar rolls I've ever seen.

3. The oxfords are a beefy 100% cotton Japanese fabric. We put ticking stripe cloth on the inside of the buttondown - you can see it in the enlarged photos. It's an extremely subtle detail that we think is really ace.

4. The $150 shirts are made in genuine Thomas Mason cloth from the Albini group in Italy. It's quite literally like buttah.

5. The size scale got mixed up for this first round. You'll need to size down one from your typical Epaulet shirt size. If you do that, you should get a great fit on these.

Although, this mis-sizing means that Small guys are out of luck for this round. If you take an Epaulet Medium, we only have a handful of Navy Label Smalls available, so don't wait too long if you want one. Larger sizes are good with stock. I'm going to put in an immediate reorder for us to get a quantity of smaller shirts in pronto. For subsequent rounds, we'll probably change the tagging to move the Navy Label shirting into step with our mainline shirting. I'll also make actual NAVY labels for the shirts (they got a bit delayed). But I'll give you a heads-up when the next delivery comes in. For now, feast yo eyes....

Navy Label Oxford Buttondown Blue: $130

Navy Label Oxford Buttondown White: $130

Navy Label Indigo Cranberry Tattersall: $150

Navy Label Purple Gingham: $150

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, first the polos, now the Navy Label. :sigh: No love for the Smalls of the world, seriously.

You mentioned before that Navy Label shirts would be comparable to the Italia shirts from the beginning of the year? I know the Italia shirts fit me much better than your main line. How would you say the Navy Label compare to the Italia?

vezatron

Reaction score
Dat tatersall...whew. You all need to join me in the glory of $83 royal blue Walts. Finally found out about the joys of cobalt.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, first the polos, now the Navy Label. :sigh: No love for the Smalls of the world, seriously.
You mentioned before that Navy Label shirts would be comparable to the Italia shirts from the beginning of the year? I know the Italia shirts fit me much better than your main line. How would you say the Navy Label compare to the Italia?

yup, i was a BIG fan of the fit with the Italia line...

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Mike, the navy label shirts looks great! Noticed that the sleeve length is a little shorter on the all the navy label shirts compared to your mainline EP shirting. Is that because the armholes are deeper?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Should be soon. Honestly, I'm not sure what the hold up is - I know that the shoes are finished, and we received some women's pythons a little while ago. I'm expecting a delivery on Wednesday, so fingers crossed that they're in there!
Yup. That just sent me down a 30 minute rabbit hole of 80's WWF videos.

I'm a bit too young for you guys, but I did love the WWF in the 90s. I used to do the Stonecold Stunner on my friends in middle school! :slayer:

I hope it's in this batch, dude! It seems I have bad luck with the shoe order with you :( Sorry to the others in this group buy.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm not a mod or a regular poster on this thread, but please keep in mind that this is the Epaulet Affiliate Thread and is not the place to have a debate about cashmere or Put This On. 

Just wanted to mention that before this "conversation" goes any further.

Thanks!

You're 1000% right, apologies. Epaulet are great, don't mean to distract.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads