1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

or basically spend that money on hemming it to the right length.

2. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

May have been asked before, but I'm at work and can't wade through the threads. I just got me first pair of pants from Epaulet, they were Rudy's and I ordered size 37. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Walts, do I go 36 or 38. The size chart says a 36 measures 37", but I cannot find a size chart for the Rudys. Thanks!

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Rudys are cut bigger than Walts in the thigh, seat, and leg opening. They basically have a roomier overall leg, but the waist measurement is the same for both. So a size 37 Rudy and 37 Walt should both have a waist that measures 38".

If a size 37 Rudy fits you well, then a 36 Walt is going to be way too tight, and even a 38 Walt may still be too tight. It will have a bigger waist than the 37 Rudy but the legs will still be slimmer.

4. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

All I see on their site is Walts and Rivets, it sounds as if both may be too confining if the Rudy's fit fine. Do they not sell Rudy's on a regular basis? Mine were part of a special order.

5. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

I'm interested in the Salzburger shoes, but can't get them quite yet. I'm wondering how many pairs you have in size 8?

Also a question about returns. The shoes look great online but there's always a chance I won't like them in person, and will want to return them. What's Epaulet's feeling about that? Should I go for it if I'm pretty sure, and return if I'm not happy? Or would you prefer I not order at all. I'm happy for the SF return exception, I just don't want to take advantage of it to your detriment.

6. ReedCA

ReedCA Senior member

They don't regularly stock Rudy's anymore, but there are seasonal preorders and you can email in a Rudy order for any of the in season Walt fabrics at anytime. I just put in an order a few weeks ago. Same price as Walt but final sale. 4-6 week wait time. FWIW I can comfortably wear the same size Rudys and Rivets, the Walts I have are a little on the skinny side of slim and I'm probably going to have them let out in the seat/thighs.

[​IMG]

Speaking of Rudys - Today I'm wearing my Blackwatch Rudy that I got on sale back in the spring along with a pair of Carmina Fitzgerald Shortwings in brown calf.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

Got my Regiment Twills today! Epaulet sent me the wrong color though, I put in an order for Moss and got a Navy. The Navy is nice, but I already have own a pair. :/

8. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

what size?

9. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

36"

I have four like new Rivets in 34" at a friends house in Florida if anyones interested. The Rivets just didn't work for me.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

shoot me a PM with color and price details

11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

You got them on sale? Shit.

I have these and they're my favorite pair of pants. I put a 2" cuff on these the other day by myself, it's excellent.

[​IMG]

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

ReedCA gave a really good response to this. It really depends on your body type, but I am strictly a Rudy and Rivet guy, can't wear Walts at all. For Rivets, I size up one from my Rudy size and get the waist taken in. They still fit slimmer than my Rudys, but they are more casual and I like my chinos to fit a little slimmer than my dress pants anyway, so it works for me.

If you want some more Rudys now, you can either wait for the next pre-order (probably still a month or two away), or if there's a Walt fabric you see on the site now that you like, email them to check if there's any additional fabric left to get one-off pair made. The one-off pairs ship pretty quickly - after the last Rudy pre-order, I waited a few days and then ordered an extra one-off pair, and I actually got the one-off in the mail faster than the others I pre-ordered. But, if you wait for the next pre-order I'm sure they will have a bunch of new stock with some awesome F/W fabrics :)

1 person likes this.
  13. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Thanks all for your replies, saved me from ordering a pair of Walts. Mrjester really like your Black Watch!

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Dodging raindrops today:
    [​IMG]
    Linen Stars

15. applky

applky Senior member

^ My favorite summer shirt.

1 person likes this.
  16. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Senior member

Info on that shirt?

17. applky

applky Senior member

^ From last year.

18. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Question for StanleyVanBuren and WJ4 Sirs, Are your Salingers the tan calf or saddle shell? They are fantastic. I really would like a pair. Todd V

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Hi. Mine is Saddle shell. :)

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, here's a cross-post of our latest crop of Carmina MTO styles....

[​IMG]
    Jumper Boot in Loden Shell Cordovan

[​IMG]
    Longwing in Loden Shell Cordovan

[​IMG]
    Greeley Boot in Navy Shell Cordovan

[​IMG]
    Greeley Boot in Loden Shell Cordovan (sorry, didn't get a chance to shoot this outdoors)

[​IMG]
    Tassel Loafer in Noix Suede

[​IMG]
    Plain Toe Blucher in Ruby Shell Cordovan

1 person likes this.