1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

mike, thanks for the update on the alden pre-orders. when are the vass x epaulet styles arriving? :D

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

on me:
    Epaulet (blazer & pants)
    moderntailor
    T&A
    Carmina

5 people like this.
  3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'm not the only dork who likes to match with the Mrs...:)

1 person likes this.
  4. US Grant

US Grant Well-Known Member

dapper, the both of you. good work!

5. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

fix only lasted for a day, give us some clues on upcoming fall shirting! drop us a booooone...!

6. John Grady Cole

John Grady Cole Well-Known Member

Mike, can you explain what you mean by "fusible" in the description of the collar for the new chambray shirt? Thanks.

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Oh yes, we've got a ton of Aldens on order. Pretty much all of them are non-shell. Lots of scotchgrain, burnished tan calf, and chromexcel. The only Alden shell that I order now is Color #8, as we can get a pretty reasonable delivery on that. And it's a handsome tone that's actually unique to Alden. I think that we did one Plaza last style, but we're mostly sticking with Barrie-Tru-Balance-Leydon-Aberdeen. I have a ton of slimmer shoes from Carmina, so I order Aldens primarily to be thicker, more casual styles.
    Yes, the closest calf color was the Oxblood that we ran way back when in the Brixton boot. That's been discontinued. So I believe this Alpine Grain is the only calf offered in this color. But I agree - its phenomenal! I'd love to develop a similar calf color for our Vass makeups.
    This is a totally brilliant idea - let's definitely do this for the first Vass MTO project!
    We typically order Alden's down to a US8 equivalent, so 7.5's come in Barrie and Tru-Balance. That's realistically the smallest size that we'll stock in our shoes, but you'll be able to order a true US7.5 in Vass or Carmina via an MTO project or a personal MTO item.
    My pleasure. Our first Vass style will be in the Santa Monica store for the opening. That's the scotch grain austerity brogue. The next delivery is mid September.
    Haha, I'll see if I can get some swatches together. Lots of flannel, lots of new dress shirts...
    Sure, fusible fabric sits in the collar and cuffs to give them shape. That's how the collar works. "Hard" or "Stiff" fusible is used for dress shirts and gives you that snappy, sharp collar "Soft" fusible is used in casual shirts, which allows the collar to mold around you. We typically use that in our casual shirts (like the frost chambray)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  8. stmaier

stmaier Well-Known Member

what color/leather would you suggest?

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in seeing if you can use this alpine grain in a Vass makeup.

Are the Vass austerity brogues going to be in-store in Santa Monica only or online as well?

10. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Instagram is crazy so many pairs delivered!

11. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

That navy Greeley is bonkers.

12. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

Goat suede eisenhower on sale for you lucky XL ppl

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

14. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

sneakers are nice but probably be too expensive.

15. nativebelle

nativebelle Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't see anything come up on the search or recent pages of the thread. I want to buy a couple pairs of rivet chinos but am worried about the cotton twill on the inside of the leg that shows when you cuff - I work in a somewhat conservative environment and would at least like the option of being able to have a tailor remove part of it. I'm not sure that it's gonna fly. Is this at all possible?

Thanks in advance!

16. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Epaulet shirt, trousers, and Carmina dubs.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. applky

applky Well-Known Member

You could just get them hemmed. No cuff to show that way.

Also, you could go for a Walt if you need a more traditional trouser instead of a chino (allowing for a traditional cuff, as many guys here do).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  18. dufferin1

dufferin1 Well-Known Member

Ordered my first pair of Epaulet Walt Twill Chinos since they were on sale and were in 38 which I see rarely (its my athletic thighs..) Super excited!

19. stlms3

stlms3 Well-Known Member

Epaulet guys, I was about to purchase the Walt navy ducks in 31 but they were sold sometime in the last 24 hours or so. Do you expect a restock on these or sanded navy in 31 any time in the next few weeks? Or do you have any other navy cotton pants coming in in 31 soon?

Also, are 31 pants the same leg measurements as 30, or 32, or are they somewhere in between?

Thanks!

20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

If you work in a conservative environment, you probably shouldn't be wearing chinos to begin with.