1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I got a pair of Walt Olive Sanded Canvas a while back and finally got them hemmed. I have been thinking about what to wear it with. This is probably my first pair with some light green tone to it. Any suggestions?? A white OCBD and navy blue sport coat?

[​IMG]

2. Don L

Don L Senior member

That color pretty much works with anything IMO....

3. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

^ Agreed. I have these pants and find them as wearable as any khaki color. They're superb with blues, whites an pinks.

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Rudy pre-order trousers got delivered today - navy Irish linen and grey hopsack. Can't wait to get home and try them on! This is my first try with going up a size from 33 to 34. I'll definitely need the waist taken in, but the thigh and seat should hopefully fit perfectly now. I'll have to make sure I can get out to the tailor for alterations this weekend.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  5. jimney

jimney Senior member

This is number one on my wishlist for cold weather. Can you go into any details on the tweaks or timing?

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^I recall some talk about a tweed CPO. Any chance that is still in the works?

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

What's the cpo and lbm acronyms mean?

8. tricky

tricky Senior member

Jacket models/styles. Check out their site and you'll see the various lines under "sportcoats."

9. CaliforniaSon

CaliforniaSon Well-Known Member

10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

no it's certified pre-owned. it's like buying a blazer off styleforum B&S except these have undergone a 100-point inspection by epaulet and come with an extended warranty

5 people like this.
  11. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

CPO, I thought it ment AWSOME.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  12. Beatlegeuse

Fit on these is SPOT ON, once I get the waist taken in and the pants hemmed. I think I'll be ordering a 34 Rudy from now on. Speaking of...are there going to be any more Rudy pre-orders anytime soon, or should I just email and grab something now? I'm specifically looking at the dove grey hopsack...the standard grey hopsack I just got today is fantastic, and I'd definitely be interested in more hopsack fabrics in the future.

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Hopsack is a great fabric. And glad to hear you got the fit dialed in. Congratulations!

14. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

+1 on more Rudy's - got my pre-orders today and they are perfect. The fit is exactly what I need and have been trying to find. More Rudy's please

15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

do you plan to add any lighter color wool pants? (a light light grey, or a light cream/tan)

and any way to list the weight of the pant fabrics? just for reference

16. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Lighter colours would be good. As for the dove grey hopsack, I have now ordered a second pair, just to be sure that I always have them available. They are potentially a OneTrouser.

17. tricky

tricky Senior member

Today Epaulet Japanese check (thinnest shirt ever), navy cargo rivets and Hancock loafers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

To rule them all - at least during summer!

19. Beatlegeuse

Thanks! I had gotten the thighs let out a bit on some of my older size 33s, but 34 is the way to go for me now.

Just thought of another question - any new updates on the selvedge denim Smith jean? I think from the original timeline those should be dropping soon. And are those able to be altered at all? Like if I sized up to get the thighs to fit, could the waist be tailored? I don't know much about denim, so that may be a really dumb question, but my usual problem with most jeans is the same problem I have with everything else - if I buy them to fit my waist, they're usually too slim for my thighs, and if I size up to fit my thighs, they're too big for my waist.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  20. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

Hey Mike/Adele,
    My girlfriend took the epaulet skirt to the dry cleaner, and they de-pleated it. Any advice on what she can do to restore them? She's pretty upset. Thanks.