• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Kopping machineeee... which Acnes are those?

Also, stop posting fit pics. You're creating more competition for the smalls.

Haha, just downsizing and re-shuffling the closet so my net additon stays zero
laugh.gif

Acne Pop Chino's Sz 31x32. These are fan-friggin'-tastic, but I think I may have needed a size smaller ,but Gilt was sold out of the size 30's by the time I got into the sale. Still undecided on whether I keep them. I really dig them and am wondering if a tailor could take these in a tad in the waist and seat without compromising the fit in the top block.

EDIT: Regarding the fit pics, I guess that's true lol, I think I've done my part now. No more fit pics for a while.

mttlee0

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Yeah man, size small. Though if you're looking for this one in particular, I believe I snagged the last one.

Nice pics tonio028! I got my burgundy Epaulet oxford shirt last week and was very pleased with the fit. Length was perfect for tucket and untucked, slim fit, tapered waist and nice feel to the fabric.

For those looking for the burgundy shirt in small, I ordered both the Medium and Small. The medium fit better and I returned the small, according to Fedex it reach the store yesterday. Be quick, I'm sure the small will disappear fast.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm thrilled to announce the launch of our Thorogood for Epaulet Horsehide work boot. We're scheduled to receive these by 9/15 and I've placed them on my website for preorder. They came out wonderfully, and will be a perfect boot for this Fall - and several Fall's after that. They'll be a great match to our upcoming Style Forum flannel shirt too. The boots are $195, including shipping in the US. Here's the link to more info and huge detail in our shop. I've pasted all of the text and images below too. If you have any questions at all, please drop me a line. http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...rsehide/Detail ****************************
3858457248_c45d5f0ee0.jpg
3858457508_db476d3a7f.jpg
3858457888_f021390f0e.jpg
Meticulously crafted in the USA, this rugged boot combines the classic lines and iron-clad durability of a true workboot with a rich brown horsehide upper, "light" colored welt, and black rubber VibramÂ
00ae.png
wedge sole. Living in Brooklyn, we wanted a work boot that's a bit more refined than usual and jived with the style of our menswear. Of course it has to still be long-wearing and tough as hell. And made in the United States. So we've partnered with Weinbrenner (manufacturer of the Thorogood brand) to create this special edition of 72 units - all of which are exclusive to Epaulet. This boot will age beautifully over time and last for years. Its rich horsehide exterior will develop a unique patina that gets better the more you wear it. Shipping within the United States is included. SIZING The boot is available in Medium ("D") width only. As with most workboots, it's generously cut to allow for layered socks. We recommend that you order one half size down from your regular shoe size for a proper fit (i.e. if you typically wear a size 10, order a size 9.5 in this boot). If you're familiar with workboots from Red Wing and the like, you can expect a similar fit from these. SPECIFICATIONS: Genuine Horsehide Upper Our custom Thorogood for Epaulet boot is crafted in handsome and durable dark brown horsehide leather. This full-grain horsehide (taken only from the top portion of the hide) is smooth, strong, and naturally water-resistant. It's a bit tough at first, but will eventually soften into one of the most comfortable materials you have ever worn. Compared to cow hide and calfskin, horsehide has a rich character and slightly irregular finish (darker in some areas, lighter in others) that ages beautifully and develops a signature patina. Each hide is vegetable tanned for an oily finish, and a gorgeous deep color. In order to preserve its natural character, this full-grain hide has not been buffed or corrected - so your boots may have small scratches or other imperfections. Don't sweat it, you'll soon add plenty of wear and nicks on your own. The horsehide can take whatever you can dish out. It's already very water-resistant, but a little bit of waterproofing wax or mink oil will further seal it against snow and rain. Goodyear Storm Welt & VibramÂ
00ae.png
Wedge Sole
The Goodyear welt is a method of attaching the sole of a shoe to the upper. Charles Goodyear Jr. introduced a machine to mechanize this step, and the process is his namesake. The Storm Welt, is a strip of leather sewn onto the interface between the upper and the sole. Dual lines of stitching attach the welt to both the top and bottom of the boot, increasing water resistance and ensuring that the sole is securely attached. The rubber VibramÂ
00ae.png
Wedge Sole is comfortable, long-lasting, and provides excellent grip in sun, rain, sleet, snow or whatever else is out there. The Goodyear Storm Welt will allow you to easily and inexpensively replace the sole once it has been worn out (which will take a quite a while). Two-Part Shock Absorption Insole Each boot contains a soft gel insole (also made in the USA) with pads at the heel and ball of the foot. This insole is removable and washable. Beneath the insole is a permanently affixed PoronÂ
00ae.png
urethane strip which acts as another layer of cushioning and draws water vapor and perspiration away from the foot. With these two in place, this boot is hysterically comfortable to wear. About Weinbrenner Since 1892, Weinbrenner Shoe Company (manufacturer of the Thorogood brand) has been a leading manufacturer and pioneering force in the American footwear industry, initiating many of the significant safety and job-fitted design elements that are common today. Originally founded in Milwaukee, and now located in Merrill, Wisconsin, Thorogood footwear is the most trusted brand in the uniform and work industry. They manufacture boots for police, firemen, postal works, the NYFD - you name it. As an employee-owned company, Weinbrenner craftsmen work hard to provide hardworking men and women with the best, most comfortable boots and shoes around. Price: $195. Available for pre-order now. They'll ship by 9/15 http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...rsehide/Detail

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Killer boots! Wish I had some extra money for those. Maybe I will just dip into my school funds
blush.gif

nonissue

Reaction score
Those boots look amazing for the price. A front profile picture would be good so as to show the shape and profile of the toe box. Looks like an awesome product though man.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in those boots, they look amazing at that price. What is the insole in them like?

Also, with regards to sizing, since these are preorders would they be returnable if the fit wasn't right? My only concern is that I've never had a pair of Thorogood boots on my feet so I have no concept of how the fit is, also don't know where to try them at unfortunately.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
I'm very interested in those boots, they look amazing at that price. What is the insole in them like? Also, with regards to sizing, since these are preorders would they be returnable if the fit wasn't right? My only concern is that I've never had a pair of Thorogood boots on my feet so I have no concept of how the fit is, also don't know where to try them at unfortunately.
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, and thanks to everyone who's pre-ordered so far. I haven't had a chance to get my lights setup in the past few days, but I'll try to do a new round of photos which show the boot off from every angle today. The boots are absolutely returnable. I'm taking preorders just to determine the size breakdown of my first stock order. Here in the store, I sell a lot of 11's and 12's. I've never had a really big selling men's shoe through my website, so I'm not sure whether my online customers need the same sizes or skew smaller. I don't want to get a bunch of big sizes for the first delivery and then find out that most guys need 8.5's and 9's. But once you receive the boots, you can send them back for a refund or exchange within 14 days. No worries there. Once I get the boots in stock, I'll be happy to provide exact sole and insole measurements. If you live near a place that sells the standard Red Wing moc-toe workboots, you can also try on a pair of those to get your size. I'd say that these fit pretty much one-to-one with them. They're also similar to the Alden Barrie or Tru-Balance last. Almost every customer sizes down a half size.

SPK

Reaction score
I just received my burgandy oxford and the fit/construction/material is really great for the price. It's probably my favorite shirt now. If anyone is on the wall on these shirts, do yourself a favor and pick one up.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SPK
I just received my burgandy oxford and the fit/construction/material is really great for the price. It's probably my favorite shirt now. If anyone is on the wall on these shirts, do yourself a favor and pick one up.

Thanks man
smile.gif

I'm really glad to hear that you dig it so much!

JOA

Reaction score
Didn't I see something in the Alden thread about you guys carrying an Indy Boot collab.?

Any further info on this?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Our Flannel shirts are about two weeks out. Can't wait for those!

And here's some preview swatches for our next batch, which will be delivered around the end of September. I'll have a few more fabrics added into the mix next week.

Glen Plaid - Buttondown Collar / Smoke Trocas Buttons
3883012801_f9368d6d61_m.jpg

See full size

Navy/Red Pima Cotton Tartan - Buttondown Collar / White Trocas Buttons
3883806220_15f4e2578e_m.jpg

See full size

Salt & Pepper Pinpoint Oxford - Buttondown Collar / Smoke Trocas Buttons
This is the same fabric as our Burgundy Oxford. The dark grey smoke buttons will play off it really nicely.
3883805252_74e5f64f71_m.jpg

See full size

Wide Purple/Blue Stripe - Spread Collar / French Cuff / White Trocas Buttons
This will make a very old-school and dandy dress shirt. I love these.
3883805372_3f31349fb8_m.jpg

See full size

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JOA
Didn't I see something in the Alden thread about you guys carrying an Indy Boot collab.?

Any further info on this?

Yes, we're scheduled to get our Indy boots by the end of the month. I haven't gotten a firm delivery date from Alden yet, but I'm hoping that they're coming soon! They'll be done in brown Chromexel, without contrast stitching, and with the double dress sole. We're working on a line of suits for the Fall, so we wanted to craft a more dressed up Indy boot that will compliment them well.

JOA

Reaction score
Sounds good. I'll look forward to seeing those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics