• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thecool85

Reaction score

The golden brown Walts are pretty close, but I agree that the caramel shade is nicer. They are currently my favorite pair of non-denim casual pants.

Yea, they're a little too golden for my taste, but you're right they're not far off. Part of me wants to just pick up a pair of the Caramel ducks in 33 and get them altered, but I really should get a 34. Do we know when those are being re-upped?

neutrino

Reaction score
Guys, I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but if any of you use Hanger Project hangers, I wonder what size you take for medium Epaulet shirts - 19" I assume? And for that matter, 17" jacket hanger for size 38 jackets?

Abecedarian

Reaction score
SVB, the Marcello looks like it was made for you. And yes, the denim could use a slight tapering, I think.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Guys, I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but if any of you use Hanger Project hangers, I wonder what size you take for medium Epaulet shirts - 19" I assume? And for that matter, 17" jacket hanger for size 38 jackets?

I've got a couple of those wide shoulder-flare hangers for sport coats. I find the 17" size to work well for my size 40 Epaulet sport coats.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Mike, have you guys ever thought about offering Walt/Rudy trousers, either in twill or something like moleskin, in the same caramel color as the caramel ducks? I'm a huge fan of that color and would love to see it in different incarnations of your product line.

Yes, absolutely. We're working on that right now.

For the moment though, check out the Rust Steep Twill. It's not identical to Caramel, but it's in the same family, and it's an awesome tone. Frank Cowperwood wears it exceptionally well!

Marcello jacket and original EP's Cone Mills denim:

Asked this in WAYWT as well but what are your guys' thoughts on tapering the legs below the knee? I think they need it...

Jacket is perfect on you! Agreed that tapering the jeans below the knee would give you a nicer fit at the bottom.

Just emailed re blackwatch rudy order. Hopefully that fabric isn't all spoken for yet.

Definitely, we've got enough for both a second run of walts (maybe 20 pairs or so) and a few Rudy's.

Daltrey Navy Heavyweight Wool
Rust Steep Twill Walts
Carmina Cognac Balmoral Boots
I think I could have the sleeves on the jacket shortened a touch, but I probably won't. The fabric is very nice, definitely heavy, but still suitable. Looking forward to using this as light outerwear, and I'll be interested to see how the fabric wears over time.

Looking great! Glad that you dig the jacket, and thanks for picking it up!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fighting off a chest cold and some snow (yes, effing snow)
Spiewak Snork, Buff Plaid Flannel, this shirt is the beez man, so soft and warm.
IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7704.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

And yes, my LVC 505's have pretty much been my uniform since the storm hit.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick fit photo. Even though it was icy and ****** out, I still rocked my one-off two-tone shell cordovan Carmina Bal Boots:

I'm in love with them. A little bit "There Will Be Blood" style! Paired them with our chocolate plaid trousers from last Fall.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike, that reminds me more of Gangs of New York :nodding: Real nice boots either way.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quick fit photo. Even though it was icy and ****** out, I still rocked my one-off two-tone shell cordovan Carmina Bal Boots:

I'm in love with them. A little bit "There Will Be Blood" style! Paired them with our chocolate plaid trousers from last Fall.

this is ******* awesome

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This may sound a bit odd but how do I tell what color my Rivet's are? I have been wearing a pair of canvas Gunmetal rivets (ordered as such) for a month or so and I have noticed that they have a bit of a green undertone to them. I am wondering if they are really the canvas Fatigue. I have a blue sweater on today that seems to highlight this. Am I crazy?

Here is the Epaulet photo of the Gunmetal.

My Rivets (no washings yet, so no fading and the color seems accurate on my screen)

Epaulet Fatigue photo

You definitely have the gunmetal rivets. They actually have a nice, green undertone to them in certain lights. Really cool. Canvas fatigue is unmistakably green.

thecool85

Reaction score

Yes, absolutely. We're working on that right now.
For the moment though, check out the Rust Steep Twill. It's not identical to Caramel, but it's in the same family, and it's an awesome tone. Frank Cowperwood wears it exceptionally well!

That's great news! Oh, and I'm 10 steps ahead of you on that one. Just got those in the mail last week and liked em so much I picked up the Navy steep Twills today :nodding:.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I concur with Chris, Mike. The pants and shoes are too dapper.

Are you guys sending out packages as usual or delivery service is limited still? I ask because I want to know if the blackwatch trousers were shipped. :embar::nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads