1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Senior member

So much good stuff.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  2. althanis

althanis Senior member

Aw, looks like the Daltrey factory find isn't coming with the suede elbow patches.

3. applky

applky Senior member

^ In addition to that query above, do the Napoli factory finds come with a patch breast pocket, or barchetta breast pocket?

4. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

That fabric is incredible. Has a great hand to it. Being from the south, I would say it might be a touch warm, but doable. I've worn my wool/cash Daltrey quite a bit in NYC recently. I think that fabric could be comfortable under 80 or so degrees.

I would definitely say that most customers sized up in the Marcello. If the 40 feels good, I'm pretty sure you'd take a 38 or 39 in the Southwick jackets. The main thing you have to worry about is your shoulders. I would venture to recommend a size 39, as the shoulder measurement is going to be VERY close to the Marcello.

I would recommend a 39 to be safe, as it's going to be just slightly bigger than a 38.

I believe we have a size 37 in the Manhattan shop if you want to come by and check it out.

Those are the Regiment Twill Walts in Brick.

As a general rule it's better to take in than let out. Wools, linens and textured cottons (like the sanded canvas/duck canvas) will show little to no marks if you let our a seam, but for cotton twills and other "flat" fabrics, sometimes you'll see distinct marks. With taking a trouser in, you won't have these concerns.

We can always take special orders for a size 35 as well. Just shoot me an email (matt@epauletnewyork.com)
    or PM.
    The Napoli has no shoulder padding whatsoever. The sizing runs consistent with the Daltrey/Weller/Caine, though. So you should buy the same size across the board.

ALSO:

If you guys have sportcoat questions, always feel free to drop me a line either through PM or through email . Mike calls me the "Sportcoat Guru" for a reason.

3 people like this.
  5. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

The Rust and Pale Blue Exploded Check FF looks awesome.

Mike -- are xtra-short bodies/sleeves available in the FF sportcoats?

6. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

No, the FF jackets will have the same unfinished cuffs as the OTR Southwick jackets.

You know how we roll! [​IMG]

Ah, I believe we're going to discontinue the elbow patches after a lot of customer requests. Any decent tailor should be able to add them, however. I've had this done to a jacket or two in the past.

The Napoli will have a barchetta breast pocket, like the OTR ones.

7. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

FF jackets look great! I'm tempted by the Rust and Pale Blue and the Loden and Burnt Orange. Would it be possible to get a sense of how heavy those two are, either by oz or just in a general sense?

Also, is there any chance of getting photos of those two swatches set back and at an angle, the way you've done with some of the other swatches (Donegal Grey or Clay Tobacco Houndstooth for example)? I find those photos really help to get a sense of the fabric.

Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Seeing the camo jacket posted makes me so impatient for mine!

Epaulet loafers today. It's gonna be 100+ F all weekend long.
    [​IMG]

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Ah man, you guys suck...the breast patch was teh only thing holding me back from charging a sportcoat or two, now, you've worn down my last defense. I'm not sure I'll be able to hold on.

On a side note, any idea when the Navy Python shoes are expected? I know Mike mentioned a bit of a hold up on them. If they're pushed to the fall I may be able to swing the FF without plastic which would rock.

1 person likes this.
  10. badsha

badsha Senior member

:nodding: They had to offer the Napoli huh.

FF Grey Donegal Red Fleck Daltrey Sportcoat - Some Fit Pics to help those on the fence decide (please disregard the untucked shirt).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I guess I need a Napoli too. Rust and pale blue check exploded calling to me.

1 person likes this.
  12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I have to agree, if that is possible, it'll be great.

13. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

What weight are the duck jeans?

14. tricky

tricky Senior member

God I can't make up my mind with all these options!

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

The WWII Field Boot pre-order is incredibly tempting...

16. velomane

velomane Senior member

Thanks ya bastid :D I guess I'm getting another two FF jackets (the other being the basketweave tweed).

17. tricky

tricky Senior member

Grabbed the Cream/Goldenrod Wool/Cashmere Tattersall Napoli Sportcoat.

Not sure which one next...

18. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Looks like I waited too long and this fabric is gone now...dammit, I should know better than that by now. I'm still probably better off waiting until next season for some lighter options anyway, I won't be so slow on the trigger that time around.

19. velomane

velomane Senior member

The snuff micro-houndstooth? I still see it there. Be sure to select "suiting" under the special order menu. If you simply select "special order", then you only get a partial listing of the FF's.

20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Ahh, you're right! I didn't click on suiting and just saw a few of the FF options. Now I'm stuck between the snuff micro-houndstooth and the mellow gold wool/cash....also the snuff-scarlet wool/cash looks really nice as well, but from the swatch it looks like the fabric is a bit heavier. Too many choices!

1 person likes this.