1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jimney

jimney Well-Known Member

I guess I missed that somehow. Thanks!

2. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

Which Marcello did you get? As far as I recall they came out a bit different with regard to sizing, though they were all indeed on the slim side. I picked up the guncheck Marcello in a size 40 - and ordered a size 38 (long - but that shouldn't affect the chest/shoulder dimensions) in the previous round of FF jackets and am very happy with the fit. Now to decide what to get this time ready for winter ...

3. ascher07

ascher07 Well-Known Member

Man, that Donegal is a sweet fabric! However, that sale you guys have been running cleared me out, and I don't know if I should...

4. mymil

mymil Well-Known Member

How do the 1" size increments work? Does it just increase the chest of the lower even size by a total of 1" (so .5" on the size chart)? I'm specifically wondering about the difference between the 37 and the 36.

5. ozloupgarou

ozloupgarou Well-Known Member

Wow that looks amazing....come to think of it...i ordered something like that!

6. trig

trig Well-Known Member

I have the Linen Navy Glen Plaid Marcello. I'm guessing I'd probably go 38R if I did order an FF jacket then. Thank you Pekingman

7. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Hi Mike et all...

I'd greatly appreciate some advice on sizing.

The LBM cotton fits me great in 38R. Also I have a Napoli in duck canvas that fits well in 38R - nice and slim fit.

I have had a Napoli Hopsack in 38R that was a bit too small in the shoulders/chest. I also tried on the Napoli 38R seersucker and it was also a touch small in chest/shoulders.

What size should I order for the FF in the Daltrey or Weller models you're offering?

I suspect 39R might be safe if the fit is similar as 38R seems to be hit or miss with me.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  8. hypomnema

hypomnema Well-Known Member

I have a sizing question on the jackets. I usually get 38S, which is a good length in the body, sleeves and a good fit in the chest. But the shoulders are always a little wide. I'm wondering if I went down to a 37R, maybe the shoulders would fit better and I might be able to have a tailor let out the fabric a bit so I could button the jacket comfortably.

Finally, if I did that, would the fabric show a seam in the back, the way some fabrics do when you let out the waist in a pair of pants? (I'm eyeing the Harris tweed, which I'd think would disguise that sort of work better than most).

Edit: After studying the measuring charts again, it doesn't look like sizing down would make sense.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I'd go 39 mostly because these are fall/winter wear jackets and the coats you mentioned above are all spring summer. We wear less underneath in a Spring/summer coat and we tend to be slimmer during the warmer months from being outside and walking a bit more where in the fall and winter we tend to put on a few pounds.

I wouldn't wprry about anything showing with any of these fabrics. It generally is an issue with cotton, wool tends not to have this issue.

10. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

That's a good point Rob. I often have a light merino sweater and dress shirt underneath as it gets in the colder months so 38 would get quite snug

11. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Hi Mike and crew-

Could you tell me what color this model is? I purchased in store and forgot the color. Thank you

[​IMG]

12. docka

docka Well-Known Member

How does special sizing work for trousers? For instance if I'm a 35, do they take a 36 and take in an inch or a 34 and let loose an inch? I ask since the pant measurements for the knees and cuffs will be different, depending on the size they use to alter.

13. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

FF sport coats look nice
    Unfortunately don't have the funds ATM but hopefully in a few months they're offered again

14. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

For the FF Jackets, is the Napoli completely unstructured OR is it a soft shoulder with minimal padding? Sizing would be the same as Daltrey and Weller? Thank you.

15. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Well-Known Member

Hey Mike and crew,

Any FF Rivet Chino's in the pipeline?

I just got my only pair (tan/black glenplaid) back from the tailor and these things are siiiiiiiiiick, I want more!

16. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Mike can correct me but I think with an odd size all the measures will be split. So the knees and the cuffs on a 35 will be between what a 34 and 36 are.

17. james ep

james ep Active Member

18. stmaier

stmaier Well-Known Member

We're you guys not able to get the burnished scotchgrain for the JL WWII boot? Was looking forward to that...

19. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Well-Known Member

Will the Epaulet Jackets in the FF have functional cuffs?

20. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

No mine did not.