1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slick4life

slick4life Well-Known Member

I like the steel and brown linen fabrics but I'm hesitant to pull trigger because of the side-tabs... I feel like they automatically make the trousers look really formal -- even though linen is not particularly so. How are people wearing them? Are they really noticeable?

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It will be green, charcoal, and navy - we're going to retire aubergene for the Fall season. Probably bring that back in the Spring through - it's a really boss color.

It really depends on your taste. I'd say that many guys think that the side tabs make them less formal, as you're then wearing the trousers without a belt. You definitely see them, but they're a cool old-school detail that people usually compliment you for. It just matters if you like them.

3. Epaulet

Armoury Jeans Fit Shots

Dylan picked up a pair of the Armoury Jeans when they first arrived, and he's put some pretty good wear on them. After a trip to Vienna's insane Prater Amusement Park (and quite a few beers), I scored some atypical fit shots of him in the jeans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, that is a huge moving hamster wheel for humans. With a coy nude portrait of a woman. It's a great way to break your neck. That's how they do it in Vienna. It dumped me right on my ass.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Denim looks pretty nice and I like that Matt has gone in coat and tie.

And is this the amusement park shown in The Third Man by any chance? I guess I could google that, but that's a conversation killer.

Edit: Damn, couldn't help myself. Went right to google. But what I did learn is that I may need to change my avatar and SF moniker. The Ferris wheel in the Prater seems to have been built by one Lt. Walter Bassett Bassett, RN. See below.

[​IMG]

That's one heck of a name.

Can Epaulet name some Carmina's the Bassett Bassetts? How about it?

5. Epaulet

It sure is! He rides on the "Riesenrad" ferris wheel. It's still there and going strong:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I shot a photo as we were leaving the park. It's beautiful.

[​IMG]

Edit: ^ FrankCowperwood: Agreed, that picture is unstoppable. Name is unreal. We'll definitely name something the Bassett, although the Bassett Bassett might be pushing it. I've got two Ludwig Reiter shoes to name, and he definitely looks like a single monk kind of guy.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Dang, I can't compete with those pics!

Awnings again:
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

The fit pic of Dylan in the Amoury denim look way more stylish then on the site. Look like a really good slim straight cut. Hhhmmm...

8. oisin

oisin Senior member

you guys have way too much fun for this to be called work. I'm ready to sign up as manager of the LA store. Also, I'm still kind of mad at Dylan for taking the last pair of the black Chelsea boots in my size. They look awesome. I'm tempted to try to squeeze into 11s.

9. JackL2

JackL2 Active Member

Wanted to repeat this question! Thanks, guys.

10. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

you can order Rudy's anytime...just call the store or send them an email...most of the Walt fabrics should be available to make Rudy's...

11. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Speaking of Rudy's, how is the pre-order from May coming? Any updates?

12. FrankCowperwood

Well, I can buy the single monks and call the left one Bassett and the right one Bassett, then I'll have Bassett Bassett.

The Third Man is a fantastic movie. It has substance and visual panache, along with that killer zither on the soundtrack.

QFT, photo of the Riesenrad is beautiful. And I like this bold combination, wj4.

This.

13. Don L

Don L Senior member

Just ordered the Alden Alt Wien's. Resistance is futile [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

So I need some help picking out my next trouser purchases...the summer heat here in Tampa is just starting to become brutal, so I'm looking for some non-wool options. I have a few linen pairs, but I'm really looking for some cotton this time around. There's regiment twill, steep twill, and sanded UK canvas, and I know I've read a ton about them but I'm still a little unsure of the pros/cons of each.

I'm really just looking for a few staple pairs I can wear to work - mostly business casual environment (sometimes professional depending on the day), and mostly in an A/C office. There is some light travel and I am outside for short periods here and there, so I definitely don't want anything too thick an heavy. Thanks gents!

15. Don L

Don L Senior member

I'd recommend the Duck Canvas Walt's - fits your criteria!

16. FrankCowperwood

The steep twill is a heavy fabric. I don't think that will fit the bill. The regiment twill is not too heavy, but I think it will be too hot for Florida summers. Sanded UK canvas seems like the best choice of the three.

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

How well do those hold a crease? I have some Rivets in Duck canvas and I love that fabric for casual wear. I'd like to try and get the "dressiest" cotton option if I can.

18. Don L

Don L Senior member

As well as my Wool Walt's...

19. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

I have handled all three fabrics. Frank's is the best advice for your purposes. The sanded UK is the dressiest option.

20. mattp

mattp Well-Known Member

I was actually curious about this. Are the Walt version of the ducks as good for summer as the Rivets? Lining doesn't affect it?