1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

Thanks mike, I'm glad that all of you guys took a look at it, and the photos completely sold me. The jacket seems to fit me pretty similarly... I may get the sides tailored a bit, but that will be it. If I was going to wear it like a sports coat, yeah I would send it back, but it is an outerwear piece for me, and as such should work well.

And I'm totally glad I jumped on this because although I'm excited about this years outerwear, there is no DB...

NYI Of course your opinion is much appreciated too! Thanks!

... Too bad I won't be touching any of those 31 walts I've been jonesing for, or the polos, or the sale shoes! But oh well, epaulet always has something cool in the works!

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

YES! YES! YES!

So, yesterday Epaulet did very well for me, got me through my 8th grade graduation, and emergency trip to the ER (all is well thank goodness) and then some much needed drinking at our end of year party. Tomorrow my lil firl is 5. I'm gonna need a nap Sunday. (Tons of hot nurses gave me compliments on the jacket and shoes while my wife was out of earshot!)
    Graduation/ER Gear: Navy Napoli Seersucker and Carmina Suede Austerity Brogue
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Night time partying: Carmina Suede Double Monks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I think it looks great since its an outerwear like stated. How much would the Vass shoes run? Never spent more than Carmina shells for a pair before but I feel like I need to try a pair. I'm going up start a lemonade stand in the mean time to save up for the $$$.

1 person likes this.
  4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Well normal vass price is 420-600 euros for normal leather and then you add in shipping bank transfer fees and a whole lot of hassle which had made me hold off ordering directly

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

IIRC there was a price bump right? I don't think there are any models sub $700 if ordered from Vass. And their workshop closes for a month in August it seems.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Also why I never got Carminas until Epaulet started carrying them. Eager to see the models!

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

A Vass shoe in standard calf is €365 shipped to the US. The Italian lasts cost more as does something like the museum calf or shell. Obviously a high boot costs more. Add maybe 2.5% for the wire transfer, which admittedly isn't super convenient. Buy that's the least you'd spend on Vass ordered directly.

You can find Vass' price list online by googling. I believe those prices include VAT.

I'm definitely excited to see what Epaulet offers this fall.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

My first pair would ideally be a shoe. I would be down for a simple short wing of sort.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'm excited to see what some suede Vass looks like. Are they the type of company where you can run MTOs like you've been doing with Carmina?

10. tricky

tricky Senior member

Huge thanks to James for the hospitality at Epaulet Manhattan today.

Was a great experience and ended with 2 blazers - a blue LBM and caramel duck. Surpisingly Carmina monks I've been lusting after didn't quite do it for me. But I'll be ordering the Alden longwings for sure.

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

They definitely do suede. I have a pair of what are essentially snuff suede PTBs coming soon. And Epaulet should have plenty of scope for some really nice MTOs with Vass.

I believe Vass can also do wide and narrow in pretty much all of their lasts, so that may be something that Epaulet can offer as well.

12. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I'm really looking forward to this Vass collaboration. I've really wanted to try out Vass but it seems like such a hassle for those of us in the U.S. Having a U.S. retailer is going to be awesome. I would like to know a general idea of price points before I get too excited. I've yet to top the $1K mark for shoes (although I was close with a direct Carmina MTO) and I really thought my next purchase would be Edward Greens (which I plan to purchase when I successfully defended my PhD Dissertation).

13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

The possibility of width options definitely sounds good to me, since I'm always struggling to find narrow shoes with every other brand. Hopefully some MTO options won't be too far out of my price range.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Likewise. $1k for a pair of shoes or boots is hard for me to pull the trigger on. Most $$ thus far would be Carmina shell.

Definitely excited about this!

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Incredible news.

Great going Mike!!!

I can't wait to see what surprises you and Vass have in store for us.

16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I am really looking forward to see the new Vass collaborations and appreciate Mike's background on the company. In all honesty there is not a huge difference to me in a $700+ pair of shoes and a $1,000 pair. By that I mean they are both a considerable sum of money and if I felt comfortable with justifying one then the deciding factor would likely be stylistic as opposed to the $$ difference between them

17. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

I've owned several pairs of vass shoes and the quality and material was absolutely top notch - substantially better than both alden and crockett and jones hand grade. I immensely regret parting with them (was in college at the time and just couldn't justify the price)

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ I agree. Vass is on the same level as G&G, EG, and St Crispin

Then Carmina, C&J Handgrade

Followed by Alden, C&J Benchgrade, etc

19. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Finishing. Hand welted soles. Proper goyser welting. Better lasts. Better looking (if you dig the Austro-hungarian style, which, for a short stocky guy like me, is perfect).

Here's my pair of Theresianer's (3636 last):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Save the money. Once you have teh Vash you will be angry at your other shoes.