1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

Just checking up on some pieces availability and noticed the burgundy Hopsack Walts are gone... any chance these will get a restock?

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Do you have any other pics with the burgundy? From that direction/sub angle the color looks very 70's/ Napoleon dynamite-esque (just worried because I wanted to order this one also)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  3. Don L

Don L Senior member

It is a dark burgundy - very nice shade and not 70's ish at all...

4. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

There's an Ashland one.

5. docka

docka Senior member

I know loose threads are common, but is it common to see loose threads like this for a newly delivered pair of walt 120s?

I'm not sure if cutting the threads will loosen the stitching on the inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  6. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Alden #8 leisure handsewn (LHS), I believe. Pretty widely available.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm more or less done with Alden shoes, but I will need those sooner or later!

Caramel ducks today:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Have you met your goal or is it due to other reasons?

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

RE: Aldens? Aside from #4, I already have all the shells. There's no models that really interest me. I would rather use the money for more interesting make ups like the ones in the Carmina thread or some MTO Tricker's or something to that extent.

11. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Thanks.

Are you guys changing up your chino line? Seems like a few are gone, I was really keen on a white pair :(

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

The LHS should be around for a while. No hurry on that model. I do really like it in all those EP pics though.

And good looking ducks.

13. Beav

Beav Senior member

I've checked on this - look like in a couple weeks they will get a small restock, then that's it for the fabric as I understand it. I missed out on the first release, an will be sure to be much faster on the trigger next time.

1 person likes this.
  14. Wade

Wade Senior member

Mike - is the brown leather bag that's on sale in the manhattan store or the Brooklyn store?

I'm not sure of I want to buy it yet and would like to see it in person

15. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

We have it in the Manhattan store. Just ask us for it.

16. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Ah, sorry about that. These things do happen on occasion. Clipping the thread shouldn't hurt the integrity of the pant at all.

Solid look, homie.

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I sent an email to Epaulet, but I wanted to check here as well to see if anyone else had a similar request at some point - I think I need some trousers with an inseam longer than an unfinished 38", more like 40". For some reason my tailor says she needs more length in my pants to give me a full 2" cuff. I don't need an insanely long inseam or anything like that (most of my pants are around 33.5" or 34"), but she insists that she needs three times the size of the cuff in extra fabric in order to do it properly. By thise calculations, I need 6" of additional inseam length to get a 2" cuff.

Has anybody been able to get a longer inseam on their factory finds or special order trousers? I'm hoping I can get this request added to my most recent factory finds order.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  18. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

As I do my own trouser hemming, you don't need 3x the length of fabric. I do the same inseam, so let's use 34 as an example. For a 2" cuff, you want 34" + 2" (inside of cuff) + 2" (outside/visible fabric of cuff) + 1" or less to finish the hem. Total of 39" or less max. I think that Brooks Brothers trousers ship with a 39" inseam (unfinished) and that's enough to do a 2" cuff with a 34" inseam. In fact my left leg is approx 1/4" to 3/8" longer (or I have a high hip), so I do a little longer inseam on that leg and I can easily do a 2" cuff.

19. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ thanks for the info, I also seem to have the same problem with one leg needing to be hemmed slightly longer than the other. So even if I don't need 3x the amount, it's still pretty close to that - about 2.5x. I guess in that case 38" still might not be quite long enough, I may need at least an extra half inch or so.

I was pretty upset when I went to pick up my pairs of pants from the tailor and saw these puny 1.25" cuffs on them. I'm 6'4", so that made them look even smaller compared to my long legs. I left them with her and told her to make them as big as she possibly can at this point, which may only be 1.75" max. That would at least be wearable, but still not quite ideal for me. I'm hoping with my future orders I can ask for a longer inseam than the standard 38" unfinished.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

White ducks:
    [​IMG]