Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 510kut

510kut Senior member

I got my pants from the second factory find I think like Wednesday of last week. Just fyi.

2. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Thanks! Occasionally there's upside to owning a small business and "it's just fun to" is definitely part of it! [​IMG]

Unrelated, I happened to run across something made up in "mini herringbone" this weekend and thought the fabric looked pretty awesome - subtle but with texture. It would make for a great Walt!

3. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

OK, here is the last of the vacation shots. These are the 35mm ones.

4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Hey Mike, remember those Chambray shirts with pockets from back in '10? Mine has worn well and faded rather nicely but it's getting a little thread bare. LOL. By any chance do have these or something similar in the works?

5. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

6. jimney

jimney Senior member

What is the country of origin for this piece?

7. applky

applky Senior member

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

8. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Been lurking the forum for so long and I finally made some substantial money to spend on clothing. Which pair of Epaulet trousers is the 'ultimate' trouser? The one that everyone should get first? I'm guessing it's a grey/charcoal but what material and what weight?

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Thanks! That shot was entered into a contest at my local photo developing place. If I win, I get a 10x15 metallic print done of it. If you guys feel like helping me win yet another contest, please give it a "like" here on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...482263221797870.111533.353487158008811&type=1

Also just voted for Epaulet in the Racked poll -- I seem to recall the last time something like this came up it was a very close race with Odin but Epaulet ended up winning. Looks like Epaulet is way behind right now but I'm sure that with as many people who are on the forums and who read this thread, we can do it again. So get to voting!

10. plato

plato Senior member

Man, that's a tough one. Others will have their own opinions (and larger numbers of Epaulet purchases...), but I'd guess either a rivet chino in a standard, wear anywhere color like khaki, or a walt trouser in regimental twill or a super 120's wool. To me, it all depends on what will be most useful for you. Of course, you could also interpret "ultimate" as the most interesting, least common, and most off-the-beaten-track style, in which case you might take your pick from the factory finds. Hard to say...

11. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

lol @ Odin running away with the vote. They really cannot buy well.

12. bearspoke

bearspoke Active Member

lemmywinks, the answer to that question is pretty tough. One of the most important factors is how you intend to wear them. If you're looking for something casual with room to dress it up a bit the rivets are a great choice. The Walt/Rudy is probably the better route if you're looking for something that is appropriate for most offices (though certainly not limited to office wear of course).

Weight and material also depends on your usage but the Duck Canvas Rivets the Regiment Twill Walts/Rudys and the Super 120s Walts/Rudys are my picks for versatile medium weight trousers.

Super 120s grey wool is probably the most versatile choice for a conservative office look but if that isn't what you're going for there are a number of other great options. I'm sure if you can provide some more info the folks on the board will be more than happy to suggest some of their favorite picks!

13. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Can any of you guys help out with the sizing on the Ashland shirts? The website says that they fit bigger than normal Epaulet shirts and are very similar to Gitman. This would be perfect as the Gitman's fit me really well. The question I have is that the L Ashland is listed as having a 17" collar, is this accurate? Unless my Gitman's have shrunk or my neck has got so much bigger, there is no way the Gitman's have a 17' collar.

Any help would be appreciated.

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Kickin' it in my Carminas again today...damn I love these boots...and vote soon to be cast (for SvB and Ep):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Mike, will you be getting a re-stock of the grey flannel walts anytime soon?