1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

^ Wisith should model this [​IMG]

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Hah. I actually thought about getting those Walt, but I already have a green tweet trouser. I may still get it sooner or later though.

3. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Tweet is for the birds, my friend - unless it's cheep ...

1 person likes this.
  4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

That's a great looking fit on you MrJester. [​IMG]

5. FrankCowperwood

Might have to take the emerald twill plunge.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Just wanted to update that I got a reply from Mike on this, and I have to say that this is the reason why I keep buying from Epaulet. They stand 100% behind all of their products, and if something is off they will do whatever it takes to make it right. More MTO shirt orders will definitely be placed by me in the future (along with all the Rudy and Rivet orders I was also planning on making).

1 person likes this.
  7. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Mike whats the cut off on ordering MTO trousers, I'm thinking of ordering some but need to wait a bit after all the shoes I've purchased lately.

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Bummed I missed out on the FF for the shirts. Any more on the horizon?

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Haha. Guess I've been on Twitter too much lately :$

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We're not going to run those, but you can email us to special order a single pair. It would run $185, and we can do the shorts in Navy, Orange, Red, or Juniper linen. The steel grey and havana brown is unfortunately all cut.
    Yes, things like Duck Canvas, Navy & Grey Super 120s, and even Navy & Grey Hopsack will be largely in stock for us over the next few months. We'll restock Camo Twill down the line as well. The most sensitive fabrics for Rudy ordering are Nori Tropical and Burgundy Hopsack. Both of those were cloths that I bought from my fabric dealer and there's limited stock left on them. Nori Tropical is hands-down one of the best fabrics we've ever used. The old-school color on that is really killer.
    We'll get most outerwear at the start of Fall - so around that late Sept / early Oct period. I've actually got two preview shots to show you for our leather collection... First off, the Mulberry is going to return in the same grained brown leather that we ran last year and in Tobacco suede... [​IMG] And... this is happening... [​IMG] I need a snappy name for it, but we spec'd a minimal double rider piece (no epaulets, no belt, no extra pockets, bells, or whistles) and punched it out in midnight calfskin. This is going to be so freaking good. I should have the actual sample in my hands next week.
    Linen is definitely the lightest of the three by far. If you're leaning towards cotton, I'd recommend either Sanded UK Canvas or Duck Canvas. Sanded UK is technically lighter, but Duck has a more open weave, so they're both about equally breathable when you wear them. Regiment is pretty dense, and Steep Twill is definitely a cooler weather fabric.

11. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

So I had my first tailoring done for the madras walts and I think they've done a good job with letting them out. No more squashing in the sensitive areas [​IMG]
    I think I'll trust them with my newly bought Caine. Speaking of which, I have zero experience with tailoring SCs, so I could really use some help from you guys. I'll be definitely shortening the sleeves to show a bit of cuff, but other than that I think some waist suppression is in order. Not sure about the chest though. If any other pics are required please let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. haiglarsen

haiglarsen Well-Known Member

This is awesome, but I hope that oddly placed zipper on the sleeve doesn't make it into the final production version.

13. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

^ Call the leather jacket the "Joey."

1 person likes this.
  14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Too guido. More Bensonhurst than Carroll Gardens. I'd call in the McQueen or the Dean. No explaination required.

15. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Since I was thinking of Joey Ramone, guido never crossed my mind. I agree, not a desirable possible inference.

One other proposal: the MCA.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. FrankCowperwood

Caine hopsack, FF basket weave Walts, and Lama Carminas;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  17. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I dig both the "Joey" and the "MCA"

MCA is actually really awesome. I feel like every perfecto-ish jacket immediately gets a Brando reference. I haven't seen an MCA call-out, but you're right, he rocked those. And RIP.

I might go a different route altogether and roll with the "Halford." I'm sure that we can find a million absolutely ridiculous pics of Rob Halford (the singer of Judas Priest if you ain't knowing) wearing all kinds of crazy bondage shit, but he a pretty awesome UK metal style going in the early days.

[​IMG]

And this jacket is meant to be a nod to those old school Lewis Leathers coats, it's just a better quality of skin, made in the States and a more wearable overall shape.

EDIT.. on second thought I'm almost surely not going to name it after Rob Halford. But that doesn't change that fact that we all think he's cool as hell. I saw them play in Vienna like 10 years ago and he was STILL killing it on vocals after all of these years.

Good chance that it won't. I saw a jacket from the 70's with that zip detail and I liked it, but I agree - it looks out of place here in the photo. I'll see how it looks when the sample arrives. I'll typically try out a few iffy features on samples as we can always imagine how the garment looks without them. I'll post up real fit pics when this arrives. If all goes well with how the sample is made and the production flows, then the possibilities for this coat are endless.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  18. FrankCowperwood

Any hints in the new Walt styles mentioned last week?

19. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

Any chance of getting that MDR in grey? [​IMG]

20. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Mike -- any chance of reserving a non-stock size on this falls Thorogood horsehide item...assuming there will be one? :embar: