• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Love the Ashland! Q: I always think spread collars look best w/ a tie. Do you see a lot them w/ out? What do peeps on here think?

I wear mine without ties all the time and I love the look. This is probably more common in the UK than in the US.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear mine without ties all the time and I love the look. This is probably more common in the UK than in the US.

Likewise. The Liberty shirts have cutaway collars and I wear them without neckwear.

Last edited:

tlfactor

Reaction score
Anyone know which Carmina styles they're rolling out late next week in their big shipment?

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
My fiancée has this older SLR with a fisheye lens and I thought it would be cool to get some shots with it at the trunk show here in LA last weekend. Turns out, I don't really know what I'm doing and half the shots didn't really come out. They're all pretty shallow focus, and in odd areas, and the ones she took look a lot better than the ones I took, but here ya go:

The Veneto looks a little big on me, but damn is it ever an awesome piece.

Then I forgot to bring it to Karaoke but luckily Mike got a ton of good shots on his camera.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Rivets look a bit large

Thanks so much for picking up all that gear! I'd agree with the other posters, the Rivets look a little bit big on you. If you were in the States, I'd trade them out for a different pair, but given that you're in France, you might want to check out a tailor. It's entirely possible to slim up both the legs and waist a bit, and you'll get a custom fit after that's done. For the next order, you might consider dropping 1" in the size that you order.

Love the Ashland! Q: I always think spread collars look best w/ a tie. Do you see a lot them w/ out? What do peeps on here think?

Cutaway collars look great without ties. Our customers wear them that way all of the time. They frame your face nicely, and they tuck well under a jacket or cardigan. I think that Gitman/Ashland makes one of the best-proportioned cutaways out of any shirtmaker anywhere.

Anyone know which Carmina styles they're rolling out late next week in their big shipment?

Haha, I should be the one who knows, but I'm honestly not sure. I received a customs declaration for 100 units, but it doesn't break down what's inside there. We'll know next week when it's all received.

I do know, unfortunately, that the Pythons aren't in there. They'll have to be sent separately because they require a "fish & wildlife" entry visa. Really. It's crazy. They should come with our mid-October shipment, so no much longer on those.

My fiancée has this older SLR with a fisheye lens and I thought it would be cool to get some shots with it at the trunk show here in LA last weekend. Turns out, I don't really know what I'm doing and half the shots didn't really come out. They're all pretty shallow focus, and in odd areas, and the ones she took look a lot better than the ones I took, but here ya go:

The Veneto looks a little big on me, but damn is it ever an awesome piece.

Then I forgot to bring it to Karaoke but luckily Mike got a ton of good shots on his camera.

Thanks so much for shooting and posting these! I was kicking myself for not shooting more pics while the show was going on . These are great.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LA Pics

Here's a bunch of photos that I took on the trip:

Wurst Kuche Friday Nite Dinner:

Standard Trunk Show

"Big Trouble in Little Tokyo" Karaoke Showdown

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you guys packed those stuff in your suit cases?!

I hope there were some OG gangster rap songs being karaoke'd. I can see Stanley doing "Straight Outta Compton".

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I never told anyone what to do. I'm for legalizing most drugs, prostitution, etc.... Libertarian here.
BUT SMOKING MAKES THE CLOTHES LOOK LESS APPEALING TO ME. I associate it with cancer (like your grandmother had) and uncleanliness. Some people think it's cool or sexy. Maybe that's the market the pictures where made for.

Haha, I read your first post as a soap-box post. I dig the cigarettes in pictures....

neutrino

Reaction score
LA Pics

Here's a bunch of photos that I took on the trip:
I would come down to US just for this
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Seems we have a newcomer in the shirt section:

It's dubbed "Bright buffalo check", in error I guess?

EDIT: fixed on the site. Damn, seems I'm grabbing that shirt
blush.gif

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Seems we have a newcomer in the shirt section:
It's dubbed "Bright buffalo check", in error I guess?

EDIT: fixed on the site. Damn, seems I'm grabbing that shirt :blush:

Haha, you beat us to it! The correct images are uploaded now:

Buttondown Collar Shirt Bright Buffalo Check: $150

This shirt is absolutely freaking killer. Not to hype anyone out, but there's only 12 units available, as we sold about 14 in the stores since it arrived last Thurs. We're zapped out on this cloth, so if this piece grabs you, you might want to pick it up sooner than later.

neutrino

Reaction score
This shirt is absolutely freaking killer. Not to hype anyone out, but there's only 12 units available, as we sold about 14 in the stores since it arrived last Thurs. We're zapped out on this cloth, so if this piece grabs you, you might want to pick it up sooner than later.

Been into Epaulet for a while, so no need to say twice
biggrin.gif
. Went from "add to cart" to order confirmation in ~10 seconds
bigstar[1].gif
. Smalls are already gone, I've grabbed one of mediums.

Btw, what are those Austrian strangers Rob is talking about?
mwink[1].gif

Last edited:

malwear

Reaction score
Oh man, I've been waiting for that shirt for awhile. I hope my order made it in time.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any sneak peaks of the purple herringbone shirt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads