1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Epaulet suit
    moderntailor shirt
    J Press tie
    Bexley shoes

6 people like this.
  2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Fuckin gangsta! :) really well done

3. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

Hey, you guys have any experience with LBM 1911 suiting? I'm looking at the Epaulet LBM sportscoat chart, and it says I should probably go with a 42, as the XL shirts fit me pretty well (a little loose at the waist), but a guy I was talking to about purchasing one of their suits suggested going with the 44L in the full suiting. What do you guys think?
    Thanks!

4. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

Battle of the Double Breasteds! Think I gotta give it to Matt on this one; I'm a sucker for peak lapels.

5. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

For the Rudy preorder, can sizes sell out? What I mean is: if I wait to place my preorder is there a chance my size will not be available because others ordered before me? I wouldn't think that's the case but want to be sure.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

7. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes. I always get compliments on them and they have aged very well.

8. tricky

tricky Senior member

I love these and absolutely must own them one day...

9. jah786

jah786 Senior member

Yesterday was my first chance to wear the Napoli Seersucker - such a nice summer blazer. I'm not one to shy away from traditional seersucker, but I love that the seersucker is subtle on this blazer. It's kind of like ninja seersucker. The soft shoulder is really nice as well. Walt prince of whales linen/wool have easily become my favorite warm weather trouser now.

blazer - Epaulet Napoli in Navy seersucker
    Trousers - Epaulet Walt linen/wool prince of whales check
    tie - Billy Reid
    socks - American Trench
    shoes - Alden for J.Crew PTB in snuff suede

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Looking good, where are the socks from?

11. slimandnone

slimandnone Active Member

I just ordered these -- my first ever pair of Aldens. Can I tell my wife that these are an anniversary present...to myself?

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

So it starts. $500 shoes will become the norm. Cross your fingers you don't venture into more expensive brands! :D

13. jpleak

jpleak Member

Im pretty sad.. I built myself up to order a few pairs of Epaulet pants (for the first time) and most of the sizes/colors are gone!!

I guess its a great time to ask about sizing though.. I'm usually between a 34 and 36 in pants.. my build is slightly a bit athletic.. With epaulet pants being easily altered I'm not too concerned but what would be my best bet in terms of sizing?

In the bowery pants from J Crew I could wear a 34 or a 36, but the 36 is obviously a little bigger and unflattering at the top waist block..

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Yo guys, need some help.

Going to a wedding, which knit tie on their website would go best with the Medium Grey 120s suit and the blue pinpoint oxford shirt?

I'm thinking one of silk knit ones w/ the dots, but I'm pretty awful that this stuff.

15. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

My choice would be this one:

[​IMG]

http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...s/pointed-silk-knit-tie-purple-with-blue-dots

the blue dots will pick up the blue of your shirt, and you know purple will work with your suit since that's what color the lining is. it's a safe bet without it being one of the boring traditional safe bets like navy or burgundy.

1 person likes this.
  16. applky

applky Senior member

Erring on the larger side and getting the pants taken in tends to be the advice given here, especially for rivet chinos.

17. jpleak

jpleak Member

thanks dude!! i think im gonna wait it out for some 36s to come back in stock.. I know i can alter a 34 to let it out but the 36 is a safe bet.. maybe one day when i make it to NY i can try on a few pairs without having to do the buy and return thing!!

18. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

19. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

I don't have much experience with their suits, but the jackets all seem to fit relatively similar, from what I know. One caveat I would give is about the trouser fits. I've honestly never seen a pair that fit well. They're usually insanely tight.

Ha! Thanks, dude. SVB consistently kills it though.

Good question. All of the Rudy (as well as other FF/Special order items) are cut to order. So we build in the number of trousers we can cut and you guys select the sizes. If a fabric sells out, it will disappear from the site, but you shouldn't worry about your size not being cut if you place an order.

This ABSOLUTELY kills. I really dig this and that Napoli looks gnarly! [​IMG]

Thank you, sir! I think you're really going to dig them. And like Wis said, it's a slippery slope.

I can get down with SVB's recommendation. When I first read your question these two jumped to my mind though:

A little bold, but works really well with the combination

[​IMG]

Ashland Large Dots Eggplant - $85

A bit more subdued, but still ass-kicking. I'm also a sucker for any green/purple combo.

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Pointed Knit Tie Olive with Purple Dots - $85