1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I must be the only one not getting the camo thing. Never liked the idea of turning something soldiers use in to a fashion statement.

To each his own I guess.

7 people like this.
  2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

God damn it, dude. That camo SC is awesome, but the outfit as a whole is fucking ridiculous, and you know this. I suppose there is no way to tone down the SC with the rest of your outfit, so why bother? I don't know... part of me wants to shake your hand and part of me wants to tell you to go home, you are drunk. I mean both in the best possible way. Cheers to you for going for it and ordering that SC in the first place for sure.
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  3. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

FWIW, something like 50% (or more) of the items we wear are the result of, at some point in history, people turning something soldiers use in to a fashion statement. If you own a navy blazer or a pair of chinos then congratulations on your entry to the club.

5 people like this.
  4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I agree, I know how they've evolved. But the camo pattern. It's not stylish to me, it's rather dorky. It doesn't look sleek, doesn't match. I guess that's part of the point, not to match but to collide with a bit of a "f**k off" flare.

I think there's a big difference between a blazer that's evolved and anything camo.

5. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

where are the AM90s from? nikeid?

6. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

My preference would have been for different shoes, but I actually really like the rest of the outfit. The Lama boots he just copped would look great with that look imo.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

They're The Beaches of Rio 90s from the pack set to be dropped this weekend (I believe). I didn't want to wait and ordered from the UK...LOVE them. I hear you on the shoes, and I thought about the Lamas, but I just couldn't wait to wear these and since the whole rest of the gear was "FU", I figured why not cap it off.:slayer:

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Oh, so that's the Brooklyn gentleman hinted to have bought the camo SC... :D

I like it and I can't imagine how many people are going to ask you where you got it.

Fit looks great, BTW. Any extra tailoring for that waist suppression or does an off the rack size just fit you like that?

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Also, I don't know if this photo is recent or posted from the archives to show the trousers, but I have to say this is one stylish dude.

10. NewYorkIslander

Thats OTR 40S...so many people thought it was one of my custom pieces it fit so well.

11. ReedCA

ReedCA Senior member

[​IMG]

Quote:
    That camo jacket [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Got the navy double monks, my first monkstrap of any kind. Lawd, I is in heaven. And then I opened up the burg Greeley! Amazing, thanks Mike.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. tricky

tricky Senior member

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

+1 even though I already +1'd.

Killing it, Rob. I just got the trousers today and the hand is really amazing.

That camo jacket, black t shirt, those white ducks, and OG Jordan 1s.....:nodding::nodding:

15. tricky

tricky Senior member

That's pretty ballsy Rob. Well done.

Are you typically a 40 in Epaulet sport coats?

I'm going to post a fit pick of my new Napoli in 38R -- thinking it's a touch snug.

16. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

17. NewYorkIslander

I am a 40S...the regular length just looks a touch too long for me...short is a touch to short, but I'd rather it be a bit short than long....

18. Teger

Teger Senior member

[​IMG]

viberg boots w/ heavily tailored ducks

19. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Im looking into epaulet pants, what are difference between the rivet and walt? I am very casual. Thanks.

20. trig

trig Senior member

rivets are slimmer and have a lower rise than walts. rivets = chinos. walts = trousers. rivets = button fly, walts = zip fly.

2 people like this.