• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up my purple pants from the tailor tonight. Can't wait to rock 'em. :slayer:
tumblr_mazm825P4e1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Dropped mine off at the tailor tonight along with a pair of bedford cords, can't wait to rock both

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what to tell you, man. I used the camera earlier in the day to capture my outfit for the blog and those came out OK. They're not suppose to be really purple to start off though. The grape is like gray with purple, and shetland is like brown with purple.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When will the Slim Walt Trouser Barberis Slate Guncheck trousers be restocked?

ThomSquared

Reaction score

Not sure what to tell you, man. I used the camera earlier in the day to capture my outfit for the blog and those came out OK. They're not suppose to be really purple to start off though. The grape is like gray with purple, and shetland is like brown with purple.

Yep, this is true... My Purple Shetlands were exactly what I expected, a brown trouser with a purple undertone, absolutely gorgeous. I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

stlms3

Reaction score
Crap, I was hoping to hold off buying any of the jackets until next year, but I received an invite to a wedding yesterday, so looks like I need to pick one up. Regarding size, I am 6' and about 175lbs. I wear a 15.5-16 neck and am a 33 in arm length. I have not purchased epaulet shirts before but most slim off the rack shirts are still taken in quite a bit by the tailor. I have not purchased enough jackets to know anything more than that I can often get by with 38 or 40Rs. But my jacket purchases before were always value brands or vintage. Anyway, the jacket I am looking at is only available in a 38. Do you think that it will fit?

I figured that 38 would be fine until I saw that the model was in size 40, 6'1 and 180lbs, so I wanted to ask.

Thanks for the help!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Crap, I was hoping to hold off buying any of the jackets until next year, but I received an invite to a wedding yesterday, so looks like I need to pick one up. Regarding size, I am 6' and about 175lbs. I wear a 15.5-16 neck and am a 33 in arm length. I have not purchased epaulet shirts before but most slim off the rack shirts are still taken in quite a bit by the tailor. I have not purchased enough jackets to know anything more than that I can often get by with 38 or 40Rs. But my jacket purchases before were always value brands or vintage. Anyway, the jacket I am looking at is only available in a 38. Do you think that it will fit?
I figured that 38 would be fine until I saw that the model was in size 40, 6'1 and 180lbs, so I wanted to ask.
Thanks for the help!

Which jacket are you looking at?

I measure up very similarly to you, maybe a 34 arm length, but everything else is pretty much the same and the 40 Caine jackets fit me really nicely, even through the body, IMO. I think 38 is going to be too small for you for a couple of reasons:

The 38's shoulders and back are likely to be tight and really limit your movement. It might feel OK standing still, but the first time you try to lean forward or raise your arms, you'll feel it.

The 38 could look too short on a 6' frame. These are already R length fittings and, while I personally prefer that despite most salesmen in traditional stores wanting to put me in L, there's a definitely a point at which the jacket is too short. This could be the case in 38 for you.

We're talking about .5" and .25", but I feel that these jackets are pretty nicely tailored to start with and even small differences like this are important.

Frustrating that you don't have your option available when you have a pressing need for it. You could always try the 38 of course, and return it if it obviously does not work. But I think you may be very pleased with how a 40 fits if you can wait for it.

stlms3

Reaction score
Thanks for the response frank. I was looking at the weller navy 120 as I have the navy 120 slacks. I know that they have the DB coat in navy but I don't think I will be able to wear it as easily... Maybe I'll order the 38 and if it does not fit, I will just go with the double breasted.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^That would make a great looking suit. I haven't combined jacket/Walts yet in that manner. May do so some day. Can't hurt to try the 38, if you've got the time. The DB would make for quite a look and I've eyed it. Conservative blue might just be the right way to do it. Hope something works out for you.

neutrino

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my Air Force flannels from the 2nd round
sarcasm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads