1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes and no - we do a monthly restock, but I don't believe that we've got brushed graphite coming in. It's a thicker cloth, so we'll bring more of those out towards the end of the summer.

But in the grey world, we'll have a solid grey ripstop which will be perfect for hot-ass days.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I never really look at the Walts because when I guested started looking at EP I was told the Rivets were the slimmer pants. However, when I just looked at the measurements posted on the site it appears the Walts have the slimmer thigh and knee. Now I am very confused...could someone help clear this up for me.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Mike thanks for the response in the denim questions. Sounds like the same size as my Rivets should work perfectly. One last question, is there any chance of getting a longer inseam option for taller dudes like me? And what will the standard inseam length be?

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

They rivets are slimmer, in the top block. They're with a lower rise and fit like a casual chino, or a jean. They are by no means "skinny pants", but a conservatively slim chino. A lot of guys even taper the leg opening. The Walt has a higher rise and is a dress pant. Can they be worn casually, of course, but they are really an American made dress trouser in a modern cut...most American brands tend to cut huge, for, well, Americans. In my mind its one of the reasons slimmer guys have been forced to look to Europe for a decently cut pant...now we have EP, so its all good.

Bottom line, they're two different animals.

5. tricky

tricky Senior member

Rob's explanation is good. I've found recently that sizing down one in Walts is more comparable to your size in the Rivet.

Going to try out Rudys on my next order and am going to go with one size from Rivet like I do with Walts and see how it works out.

On an unrelated note....had a great customer experience with Dylan on today's order. The Epaulet crew are truly standup people time and time again.

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I've got a few recent fit pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is me in the Wyatt Moto jacket, size Large. It's shot with a Polaroid SLR680 and Impossible Project PX film. Not sure if that brown splotch on the top is from the film or the camera (I suspect the film), but I love the colors on these.

[​IMG]

And here I am wearing the forest green Luchino polo in size Medium (you've got to size down one on those), sitting in front of the enormous portions served at Brooklyn's Bamonte's Italian restaurant. I polished off that ravioli that night in record time. A few more meals like that and I'll be sizing up on polos before I know it.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. NewYorkIslander

Brooklyn's Oldest Standing Italian Restaurant FTW...(RIP Montes)

8. Don L

Don L Senior member

Anyone else get their Walt FF Taupe Fleck pants? If so, please post Pics.

9. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

These don't really do them justice but here's a couple pics. Love these pants! I think they look similar to the new Nori actually.
    I was hoping to get some fit pics up as I know I want to get them taken in and would like a second opinion. These are 30s but 28s fit me better in Walts, if not a bit too tight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  10. Don L

Don L Senior member

^^ Thanks. They are the same as mine. They are more green than Taupe and I was thinking the same thing - Looks like the Nori. Wanted to make sure and was wondering if I got the Nori by mistake . I agree, great looking fabric ^^

11. wsumarine

wsumarine Senior member

Same question regarding length.

12. OIx

OIx Well-Known Member

Hi Epaulet !

Sorry if it was posted already here - any plans for colourful summer Rivet Chinos like last summer ? Will they come in 7, 8, or 10 oz. canvas ? Just want to know how much money should I set aside :)

13. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Senior member

Anyone looking for size 28 walt? check my signature! Too more for me..

14. NewYorkIslander

St Patrick's Walts:
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

What exactly is the difference between the steep twill and regimental twill trousers? I have two regimental twill trousers and am looking to pick up a pair in navy and am wondering how the steep twill differ.

Also, I saw a few posts back that you would do Khaki Cotton MTO jacket for $650. Does this mean that all the other pant fabrics could potentially be turned into MTO jackets? The possibilities could be endless....

16. ReedCA

ReedCA Senior member

I've been on a spending freeze lately (saving for a new road bike) but couldn't pass up the camo twill walts. Can't wait to see the jacket picture. Also pretty excited for the selvedge rivet. On second thought, maybe my current bike is just fine...

Today - Air Force Flannel and Brown Calf Salingers

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. NewYorkIslander

18. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

My impression is, yes. At least for Walt fabrics.

19. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Senior member

Sorry for the newb questions, but when will you guys begin accepting orders for Rudy pants?

20. jm22

jm22 Senior member

For those living in NYC...I have a pair of rivets I want to get tailored a bit...can anyone recommend a decent tailor in the Park Slope/Cobble Hill area? Thanks in advance.