1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. frivmo

frivmo Senior member

Definitely great for untucked with jeans. It's not shiny per se, just has a bit of character depending on the viewing angle.

2. koor

koor Well-Known Member

Am I strange for wondering if that large women's Ashland linen shirt in the sale section would work for me if I fit a men's Epaulet smedium shirt?

1 person likes this.
  3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Not strage, but it so will NOT work. My wife has a bunch in size small...and the cut is completely different...shorter sleeves, shorter body....

1 person likes this.
  4. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I never entered the trousers section too often, but now that I need a staple grey pant, turns out someone snuck in and grabbed all the 32s! [​IMG]

5. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Did you guys stop stocking jackets in size 44? Is that only MTO now?

6. NewYorkIslander

Today:
    Khaki Canvas Rivets
    Cobalt Blue Plaid
    LBM Navy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. applky

applky Senior member

^ Busy up top, classic on the bottom. Nicely done. The tie and square are a bit matchy-matchy, though, if we can be picky...

Love that navy cotton LBM. Picked up the navy linen LBM this past weekend, but was tempted by the cotton. The ultimate cotton SC might, though, be the Napoli navy tonal seersucker. A smooth operator.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  8. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

The Cloud gray Regiment twill trousers, how practical would you guys say those are? I have a pair, but am not sure how much use they'll get. How often would any of you that have them say you throw them in the rotation?
    Thanks.

9. NewYorkIslander

I think in Spring they're pretty darn versatile.

10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

move to Portland, match the sky every day... infinite versatility

1 person likes this.
  11. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

Hoping to pick up a pair for myself. I feel like it can pair with almost anything.

12. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Has anyone thought about doing/inquired about doing an MTO khaki suit? Just thought of that as it would be great for wedding-type events this summer. Something with a little better drape than duck.

13. tricky

tricky Senior member

Received my first Epaulet sport coat today - the Napoli Unstructured Sportcoat Navy Hopsack.

Wow. Definitely exceeded all expectations.

Now which one to buy next.... :D

14. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

I got my Wyatt today and man, it sure is a beautiful jacket, pics can't really do it justice! Unfortunately, I sized it wrong and am going to have to setup an exchange...no biggie but it'll suck waiting before I can wear it.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

cross-post of mighty fine pics from our Carmina thread....

THE GREELEY BOOT COMETH!
    (and the Coganc Rain PTB, and the Terracotta Boot, and the Ruby Punched Captoe, and More)

Hey guys!

I come bearing good news. The Greeley boot and a bunch of its friends just arrived. These came out magnificent! May I present some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the Terracotta Captoe boot - which feels unbelievable!

[​IMG]

And the Cognac shell Rain-last PTB. The tone on this cognac is great - it's a bit lighter than usual. Going to age gorgeously.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

17. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

Those are some beautiful shoes. I can not wait until I can justify another pair of carminas, but for now I am in sport coat mode. I have a couple of your navy coats, but will soon be looking to deversify. I will probably pick up the Carmel duck, but was wondering which chinos/trousers you think it would go best with? I could see it with olive and a blue shirt, but what do you think about petrol (I love my petrol walts)? Anything else it would work well with?

Also, any plans to restock the fern linen or bring in any other linen coats this summer? Or any other summer coats period? I love the navy lbm, but have enough navy for now.

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Caramel is a fantastic match with indigo, navy, grey, and pale olive. If you're the type to wear white trousers, then it's awesome with those too. You have to be a little careful with more colorful trousers though. Caramel is significantly more vibrant than khaki, so putting it with a bold trouser can be in-your-face. I think that it would look very cool with petrol, but it would be a bold, colorful outfit. A japanese dude in Free and Easy would wear that in a heartbeat, so if you're into that style, then go for it! I'd probably choose a white shirt if I was wearing a colorful trouser though, just to keep the action in just two out of three pieces. I think that this would jive well with your style. It's been a great selling piece, and we've seen a lot of guys match it to a variety of looks in the shop. And we don't have any other Spring jackets en-route, but we've done quite a few MTO's off of the online swatches. I've got more of the Ash Linen too (we have the trouser now) and we can cut a coat in that for $700 including all special order fees. We've taken about three orders on that, and it's a great tone for the Summer.
    Glad that you dig the jacket! We'll get that size switched out for you pronto.
    Fantastic, thanks so much!
    Oh we can definitely do that. Check out this pant: http://epauletnewyork.com/products/slim-walt-trouser-khaki-canvas-side-tab This is a great quality canvas, and it would be boss as a jacket. Drape would be excellent and the jacket would wear cool. Doing it in canvas versus poplin would cut down on wrinkles and give it some texture. Drop us an email if you want to set that up. Price on the sportcoat with the special order charge included would be $650.
    They're definitely my favorite color of regiment twill. They're a great color for the Spring/Summer and go with nearly everything. They look great with a navy sportcoat.
    Yes, unfortunately it is. We only stock size 36R through 42R. Smaller/Larger, Long/Short, and odd sizes are all done by MTO.
    Ah sorry! We'll be back in stock on them in a few weeks.
    Agreed, that shirt & napoli combo is excellent
    I'm glad that you asked! The Napoli is a pretty unique piece. It's a half-canvassed garment with a totally soft shoulder. It still have a proper sportcoat feeling, it needs to be hung up after wearing, it's dry clean only. It can be worn in a proper business-casual setting, especially in hopsack. It's a touch more casual than the Caine/Weller, but the difference is subtle. LBM 1911 jackets are totally soft. You can fold them up without a problem. In a way, they're like a perfectly-fitted shirt jacket that's cut into a sportcoat shape. It's hard to describe unless you've tried one on. I've seen dozens of jackets that are made in this general vibe, but LBM really, really nail it. They drape correctly. The lapels sit right all of the time. It feels like a cool second skin when you wear it. They're certainly easier to care for than the Napoli, but they're a lot more casual. We've been selling both of them equally well. If you need/want something that can be really dressed up, then go for the Napoli. If you've got that covered - or that's not important to you - then the LBM's are absolutely killer. They're very comfortable and easy to take care of. At the risk of wheeling out a cliche, we sell them as "sportcoats for guys who don't wear sportcoats."
    Not 3-button, but we'll have some more 2-button navy jackets by the end of next week. They're coming in a navy cotton hopsack. Can't wait for them!
    Oh that will look great. A lot of our guys wear LWB's with Walts. The leg opening isn't super small and pegged, so they'll be in good proportion. And I like caramel with black shoes.
    This is excellent advice, and I'd recommend the same. Before I address SVB, let me say this... We take a lot of pleasure in offering tailored clothing to you guys, and I love the enthusiasm that everyone has for it. I feel that it's a rare thing. When this stuff is discussed online, there's always some crazy extremes. Some guys insist that you need to spend at least $5K on a custom suit and have it fitted a dozen times for it to be acceptable. Other guys buy some glued-together monstrosity for $200 and convince themselves that it's amazing and everyone else is a chump. Guys nitpick every freaking detail to death. It's somewhat the nature of the internet I guess. I'm INCREDIBLY grateful that we have a supportive customer base who appreciate good tailored garments and have a passion and interest in them. I love seeing the fits that you guys put together, and it's wonderful that guys can post in this thread and get good feedback without getting ripped a new one over something insignificant. I'm happy that we can offer a stylish, fairly priced alternative to many of the things that you find out there. And we're going to expand this a lot for the Fall. Thank you all for that! And to SVB, I fully agree with Rob on this one. I want to call out this quote: We wear our clothes and the move with us as we do. We don't stand still all day with our arms at our sides, so a slight adjustment in stance, and BOOM, sleeve pitch issue is gone. Essentially its an issue for the anals over in MC to get over, and get through their heads that it may not be the fit, but the stance, and that in your natural daily movements isn't an issue at all. Sleeve pitch and shoulder drape are things that you can't fully control on a jacket that's not entirely bespoke. It depends on your posture, the thickness of your arms, and the width and height of your shoulders. I've looked at all of the photos that you post here, and I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. And as Rob said, it's most likely only apparent when you're standing straight up and posing for a photo. I wouldn't recommend doing any work to it. If you have a tailor with a press, you might consider asking if he can press the shoulder and sleeve in a way to minimize that. You'd be amazed how dependent a jacket's shape is upon pressing.

2 people like this.
  19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Mike,

I'm sure the ones who pre ordered those bal boots will be contacted soon, right?!

Oxford chinos today:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Mike was saying in the MTO thread that he was intending to build an item on the site so we could process our transactions without them having to send out individual invoices. I really like the idea. Btw, nice fit. I'm liking that belt.