• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jpc9

Reaction score
+1. I was looking for a pindot shirt, but it wasn't a high priority and this happened. I bought one too
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Same here. Epaulet is dangerous that way. Looking like most of the Fall is going to be like this.
Some of us are going to have a hard time picking the grape flannel and purple shetland.
shog[1].gif
I thought the same thing, then I decided I'd grab both.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here. Epaulet is dangerous that way. Looking like most of the Fall is going to be like this.
I thought the same thing, then I decided I'd grab both. 

Balling!

I need to scale back. I don't think it's been a year, and I probably have 20 pairs of Epaulet chinos/trousers already. :embar:

jpc9

Reaction score
Balling!
I need to scale back. I don't think it's been a year, and I probably have 20 pairs of Epaulet chinos/trousers already.
shog[1].gif
I'm in that range too. Most of the regulars of this forum are in the same boat. Judging by fit pics alone, Rob and Keith are in the ballpark as well.
In the spirit of restraint, I'm done with chinos for a while except for maybe a kickass new duck chino. Those rule.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is dangerous, just bought two, japanise pindot and red/navy plaid.

great fall pieces!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When do you expect the purple herringbone shirt to be on the site? I want to be near a computer when that one goes live.

EpauletFemme

Reaction score
When do you expect the purple herringbone shirt to be on the site? I want to be near a computer when that one goes live.
The purple & rust herringbone are a part of our mid-October delivery, but it might come in a bit sooner. I'll def post here first.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We're pushing to get the new trousers up by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

Nice! I got some money sitting in my Paypal just waiting to be spent on some new trousers for Fall

neutrino

Reaction score
Mike/Adele, what is the weight on the poplin shirts? Are they machine washable?

Also, would love to hear some hints on this (re Ashland)
^ Good stuff. I'm a bit hesitant to size down to small according to general advice. Measurements say 19.5 for the chest, while I'm 38 in the chest. A medium in Epaulet shirts fits me pretty slim..

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The pindot is so sick, I can't wait for the weather to cool of a bit so I can wear it...I also like the Purple cream flannell as well, saw it in person, such a soft hand on it...

EpauletFemme

Reaction score
Mike/Adele, what is the weight on the poplin shirts? Are they machine washable?

Also, would love to hear some hints on this (re Ashland)
The poplin shirts are a medium weight, a really great cloth for layering in the Fall season. And definitely machine washable.

I posted swatches as well for Ashland, just scroll to my Fall shirting preview. They're towards the bottom.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Good stuff. I'm a bit hesitant to size down to small according to general advice. Measurements say 19.5 for the chest, while I'm 38 in the chest. A medium in Epaulet shirts fits me pretty slim..

Neutrino, I measure 37"-38" in the chest, depending on how you measure, and a Small Ashland fits me very well (an Epaulet Medium still has a bit of room for me). If an Epaulet Medium fits you very slim, you'd probably be able to wear either, but an Ashland Medium would have more breathing room. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics