1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Awesome stuff, Rob.

PS, I saw a picture of you with a huge beard, somewhere on SF, from way back.

Don't ever do that again.

:-D

1 person likes this.
  2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Bedford cord:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

Damn! Yamasho is practically across the street from me! Looks like I'll have to catch you next time you're out here.

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

We're having another wonderful day of soaking up California sunshine. Dear everyone in San Francisco: we are extremely jealous of your myriad wonderful coffee options and polite taxi drivers.

Regarding buttons and any other small snafu's that might happen with our clothing:

1. We're always grateful to get feedback on our garments, both positive and negative.

2. Buttons are - in particular - a concern for brands like us. Most small-scale factories have either entirely handsewn or simple machine-stitched buttons. In garments like the Hardie cardigan, every single button is stitched by hand. While buttons falling off our clothing is a pretty rare thing, it can happen. They're attached by people, and people do make mistakes from time to time.

I personally sympathize with the frustration when a button comes off. It's a pain in the ass to get them fixed. But it's not really a reflection on the overall quality of the item, as it's a product of the handwork on your garment. The most pricey thing that I own is a Kiton sportcoat - where each button is sewn on by hand. I had the center button of my jacket fall off after the second wear.

That said, just because it's somewhat normal (however infrequent it is), that doesn't make it acceptable. I wasn't happy paying for the Kiton jacket to have its button repaired, even if it's cheap and easy to do. If you ever have a small snafu on an new or recent epaulet garment, then drop us an email. As a policy, we'll reimburse you for the cost of a small repair from your local tailor. This includes buttons falling off, seam failures, fabric fraying. We can't ensure that these things never happen, but we do stand behind our garments and work with customers to ensure that the problems are fixed and that they're satisfied.

I'll have to disagree with you on that one, I think that he's wearing the camo's really well there.

Haha, yes, and you can add these to the list:

"I'm A Flirt" - R.Kelly
    "Slow Hand" - Pointer Sisters
    "Suddenly, Seymour" - Little Shop of Horrors
    "Party Up in Here" - DMX

Wow. We really sang a foolish lineup of music last night. I'd fully recommend that karaoke spot to any SF residents. It's fantastic, especially the "Osaka" room.

Thanks for picking them up! Mercerized cotton attracts lint by its very nature, but I've found that cold wash/hang dry and the occasional pass of a lint roller keeps it under control. If your machine has a delicate setting, you might consider using that and washing it with similar knit garments or on its own.

It's a bit of the trade off against a standard cotton pique. Regular cotton tends to dull with wash and wear and start to look beaten in. Mercerized cotton keeps its shape and that moderate sheen, but it will attract lint through a wash cycle if you put it with things like jeans, chinos, towels, etc..

Regiment twill is a tough, basic twill fabric. I'd say that it's closest to the traditional "khaki" pant that we all know.

Canvas is a bit more casual and significantly softer and lighter.

Duck canvas is heavier and rougher. It has a fairly open weave so it breathes quite well

Haha, I imagine that you could have jumped right in to our assortment of show tunes, forgotten 80's smooth jams, and profane hip-hop.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

[​IMG]
    Air Force Walt
    Suede Carminas
    Widow Jane Bourbon

5 people like this.
  6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Killer backdrop up there, Rob.

7. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

+1. At first I didn't notice it wasn't all backdrop! Great outfit.

I just found this thread, although I've been eyeing Alden and Carmina collabs on the Epaulet site for ages. I am now on my 2nd pair of rivet chinos. Just love 'em. I'm eyeing one of the sportcoats now but am still struggling with the prices. I know I don't need another thread to destroy my pocketbook like the Alden and AE threads have done but...

1 person likes this.
  8. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Senior member

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Pindot shirt and Khaki Regiment Twill Walt:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Wj4, Sharp as always! Looks like you tapered your Walts to about a 7" opening, am I right?

11. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks, sir. I taper some of them. This pair was left as is to accommodate boots better. Leg opening on this one is about 7.5".

Thanks, man. Need more outfits with sneakers, haha!

13. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

What size Walt?

I have to slim the legs on all of mine (30s) to keep them from looking huge on me.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

15. chessman305

chessman305 Senior member

Hi Everyone -

I just purchased these AE Neumok's in olive and blue leather:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm looking to purchase a versatile pair (or two) of Epaulet chinos or trousers for the spring/summer. I'm a bit of a fashion newbie, but am guessing I should get a neutral color due to the shoes. For what it's worth, I'm 28 years old. Would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,
    Harry

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  16. tricky

tricky Senior member

Grab some navy, khaki and grey rivets and you'll be good.

(Also have pair of olive Nuemok's enroute. Figure they'll be a good casual shoe to wear sockless in the summer. Will go well with Rivets)

17. Don L

Don L Senior member

Charcoal Super 120 Walt's today. Love these pants

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

DonL: Looking sharp.

wj4: The pindot shirt and jacket colors go together so nicely. I like the neutral trousers as well. You are putting together some really good looking, classic looks these days.

19. streetlight

streetlight Well-Known Member

I would do a 38 probably. A 36 might be too tight on the shoulders. Also, yes, the caramel would look pretty killer with the super 120.

20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thank you, sir :)