• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet FW20 Sashiko Jacket & Pant Preorder Project

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm starting a new thread for this season's preorder project. We're offering Doyle chore coats, Sinclair Sportcoats, and Rivet Chinos in 10 colors of Japanese cotton sashiko. Orders will be open until September 22nd, and you can purchase any size and any color that's available. All colors will be done in single coherent batches, so two piece suits will be perfectly matched in color tone.

You can read all about it here

Feel free to post any questions that you have in this thread and I'll answer them personally.

We have a rad new logo for it too.. which speaks to the fabric's origin as Kendo uniform cloth...

Sashiko Leader2.jpg

This is it! Our biggest and best Sashiko Project to date! We're offering 10 gorgeous colors in our most popular designs: the Doyle Jacket, Sinclair Sportcoat, and Rivet Chino.

We're thrilled to offer these garments at our lowest preorder price ever -- approximately 25% off their usual retail. We've secured enough cloth to produce approximately 200 units across all of the colors. Get your orders in early while we're fully stocked in cloth!

The unprecedented scope of this assortment allows you to craft an endless combination of pairings. Grab a 2-piece Chestnut suit. Pair an Oxblood Sinclair with a Gunmetal Rivet Chino. Match a Mink Doyle to a Racing Green Rivet Chino. With delivery slated for the end of October, this is a great opportunity to build out your Fall wardrobe with our best-selling fabric!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you also do Wilhelm chinos?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you also do Wilhelm chinos?

Let me find out. Initially, the plan was to only offer Rivet Chinos, but I am getting a lot of requests for Wilhelms. The overall quantity is likely to be a lot lower (maybe 12 Wilhelms vs 150-ish Rivets), so they'd carry a significant upcharge. But maybe I can swing them for $215 or so. Will report back.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
I have a Sashiko Doyle from a couple years ago that is at least 3/4" shorter than spec in body and sleeves. I think I saw an older comment by @Epaulet in the main thread saying that this issue was acknowledged and fixed (but I can't find the comment again). Could you confim on this? (I'm tall and need all the length I can get; my existing off-spec Sashiko Doyle is a tad too short).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have a Sashiko Doyle from a couple years ago that is at least 3/4" shorter than spec in body and sleeves. I think I saw an older comment by @Epaulet in the main thread saying that this issue was acknowledged and fixed (but I can't find the comment again). Could you confim on this? (I'm tall and need all the length I can get; my existing off-spec Sashiko Doyle is a tad too short).

Yup, we extended the length by about 1 full inch in both the sleeves and the body. This change was reflected in the pieces we delivered in the Spring (May 2020). So if you have a jacket that's older than that, you should expect that the length will work great.

Our model is about 6'1" and wearing a size 40 here. The sleeve and body length is still right on for him.

Gunmetal Text copy.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last minute news... the Kamigata Noragi Jacket is now part of our Sashiko Project! Orders close on Tuesday 9/29

Kamigata Main.jpg

Back in 2014, we released the "Kamigata"... our take on the traditional Japanese noragi jacket. Styled with a shawl collar, functional hip pockets, and a hidden front button, it straddles the line between outerwear and cardigan. It's effortless to wear, but offers a truly distinctive style.

Customers have requested this piece in Sashiko for years.. and we're thrilled to offer it in all 10 colors of our Fall preorder offering.

With the first 200 units already claimed, delivery for this item will be end November. Given the overwhelming demand of this preorder, we don't anticipate having any open stock, so the preorder units will be the only ones produced. Orders are open until Tuesday, but the available fabric for November delivery could sell out before that. Get your orders in and don't miss out on this beautiful piece!

The Kamigata has an easy fit that works in tandem with our Doyle & Sinclair jackets. Just order your typical Doyle size, and you'll be good to go.

Kamigata Layout.jpg

Kamigata Cuff.jpg

Kamigata Pocket.jpg

Kamigata Closed.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads