• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet FW20 Sashiko Jacket & Pant Preorder Project

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm starting a new thread for this season's preorder project. We're offering Doyle chore coats, Sinclair Sportcoats, and Rivet Chinos in 10 colors of Japanese cotton sashiko. Orders will be open until September 22nd, and you can purchase any size and any color that's available. All colors will be done in single coherent batches, so two piece suits will be perfectly matched in color tone.

You can read all about it here

Feel free to post any questions that you have in this thread and I'll answer them personally.

We have a rad new logo for it too.. which speaks to the fabric's origin as Kendo uniform cloth...

Sashiko Leader2.jpg

This is it! Our biggest and best Sashiko Project to date! We're offering 10 gorgeous colors in our most popular designs: the Doyle Jacket, Sinclair Sportcoat, and Rivet Chino.

We're thrilled to offer these garments at our lowest preorder price ever -- approximately 25% off their usual retail. We've secured enough cloth to produce approximately 200 units across all of the colors. Get your orders in early while we're fully stocked in cloth!

The unprecedented scope of this assortment allows you to craft an endless combination of pairings. Grab a 2-piece Chestnut suit. Pair an Oxblood Sinclair with a Gunmetal Rivet Chino. Match a Mink Doyle to a Racing Green Rivet Chino. With delivery slated for the end of October, this is a great opportunity to build out your Fall wardrobe with our best-selling fabric!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a full rundown of all the colors that are available

We've got five new tones...

Moss Textcopy.jpg

Chestnut Text.jpg

Oxblood Text.jpg

Racing Green Text.jpg

Ultraviolet Text.jpg

And five more that we've run before...

Natural Text.jpg

Mink Text.jpg

Indigo Text.jpg

Jet Black Text.jpg

Gunmetal Text copy.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you also do Wilhelm chinos?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you also do Wilhelm chinos?
Let me find out. Initially, the plan was to only offer Rivet Chinos, but I am getting a lot of requests for Wilhelms. The overall quantity is likely to be a lot lower (maybe 12 Wilhelms vs 150-ish Rivets), so they'd carry a significant upcharge. But maybe I can swing them for $215 or so. Will report back.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a video of all the colors and a bit of the thought process behind each one. Be sure to click on the full 4K resolution!

alkydrinker

Reaction score
I have a Sashiko Doyle from a couple years ago that is at least 3/4" shorter than spec in body and sleeves. I think I saw an older comment by @Epaulet in the main thread saying that this issue was acknowledged and fixed (but I can't find the comment again). Could you confim on this? (I'm tall and need all the length I can get; my existing off-spec Sashiko Doyle is a tad too short).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have a Sashiko Doyle from a couple years ago that is at least 3/4" shorter than spec in body and sleeves. I think I saw an older comment by @Epaulet in the main thread saying that this issue was acknowledged and fixed (but I can't find the comment again). Could you confim on this? (I'm tall and need all the length I can get; my existing off-spec Sashiko Doyle is a tad too short).
Yup, we extended the length by about 1 full inch in both the sleeves and the body. This change was reflected in the pieces we delivered in the Spring (May 2020). So if you have a jacket that's older than that, you should expect that the length will work great.

Our model is about 6'1" and wearing a size 40 here. The sleeve and body length is still right on for him.

Gunmetal Text copy.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.