• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Enzo Custom - Truly Custom Menswear - Affiliate Vendor Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would you describe Enzo's "house cut" in terms fit and aesthetic? Enzo's Instagram feed seems to lean more toward the slimmer side of menswear suiting, but perhaps that's just for marketing.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
How long are the approximate wait times for a suit right now?

Had a extremely positive experience in the New York showroom 3 - 4 years back and been meaning to get another one but as with all things, I've been procrastinating. :(

My orders usually arrive within 4 weeks.

kevenmee

Reaction score
My orders usually arrive within 4 weeks.

Thanks, that's helpful!

Are you still doing additional fitting after your first suit? If I remember correctly, Josh (?) wouldn't let me walk out the door unless I came back for 3 fittings. Just want to make sure I'm planning appropriately, since I don't live in the city anymore!

Enzo Custom

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, that's helpful!

Are you still doing additional fitting after your first suit? If I remember correctly, Josh (?) wouldn't let me walk out the door unless I came back for 3 fittings. Just want to make sure I'm planning appropriately, since I don't live in the city anymore!

We update your measurements with each fitting, so your next garment will come in closer to perfect each time. We'd like to do one fitting of you in the final suit to make sure that everything is great, but since you've ordered with us before we'd be happy to send the order straight to your home with no shipping charge and then you could bring it in if you wanted to have us take a look. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] for more info and recommendations per your specific needs.

Enzo Custom

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How would you describe Enzo's "house cut" in terms fit and aesthetic? Enzo's Instagram feed seems to lean more toward the slimmer side of menswear suiting, but perhaps that's just for marketing.

As current trends are still on the slimmer side, we do tend to showcase these fits for our marketing. We don't really have a "house cut" as your individual fit is discussed at length with your clothier to get you something appropriate for your tastes. We do tend to recommend fits and styles which are contemporary but will last the test of time, but we really try to get a sense of your specific use case for each garment.

kevenmee

Reaction score
As current trends are still on the slimmer side, we do tend to showcase these fits for our marketing. We don't really have a "house cut" as your individual fit is discussed at length with your clothier to get you something appropriate for your tastes. We do tend to recommend fits and styles which are contemporary but will last the test of time, but we really try to get a sense of your specific use case for each garment.

Had the same question when I was selecting my first suit and had a similar response. We essentially went through different pictures and I called out which ones I liked while the SA asked clarifying questions to help pin down my taste. Not sure if all of their SA are like this, but mine tried to stay away from making too many recommendations and instead pushed me to make my own. He did note down things that I was on the fence about so he could follow up during my follow-up fitting.

Am a generally indecisive person and was just getting into MW at time but I found the whole experience helpful. That being said, I am planning on coming in with a much better idea of my wants for round #2 (although, I'll probably spend an inordinate amount of time looking through their swatch books!).

felixiium

Reaction score
I'd love to hear SF folks opinions on this as well as Enzo's - is there less "value" in a very OTR-friendly figure getting a custom suit? Or phrased differently, are you going to get more bang-for-buck if you get a OTR suit (incl. minor tailoring fees) vs getting a MTM/Custom for the same price? Do you think the value of choosing one's fabrics as well as a slightly better fit outweighs that?
And more specific to Enzo, what fabrics do you offer that you believe really set you guys apart from the nicer brands that may be OTR or only slightly customizable?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to hear SF folks opinions on this as well as Enzo's - is there less "value" in a very OTR-friendly figure getting a custom suit? Or phrased differently, are you going to get more bang-for-buck if you get a OTR suit (incl. minor tailoring fees) vs getting a MTM/Custom for the same price? Do you think the value of choosing one's fabrics as well as a slightly better fit outweighs that?
And more specific to Enzo, what fabrics do you offer that you believe really set you guys apart from the nicer brands that may be OTR or only slightly customizable?

It’s a complex answer that boils down to what you need and how your evaluating ‘value’

If you have an odd shape or are tough to fit off the rack, it’s probably worth it to go custom. If you have a very specific look your going (i.e. patch pockets on a double breasted peak lapel jacket) then it’s probably worth it.

There are arguably places like suitsupply that will deliver better construction, styling, and fabric for less money through sheer economies of scale...if the sizing works for you or it’s what your looking. It’s one of those things where if you have a OTR friendly frame, you can probably get 80-90% of the way to a great suit for $1K or under, 90-95% of the way there for a MTM suit for prob $1-2K a full canvas mainline fabric like VBC or LP, or 98-100% of the way there for bespoke piece st $3.5-8K with top of the line fabrics.

I believe enzos offers the standard MtM fabric options like VBC, Holland and Sherry, Loren Piana, Dormieul and some others, but I imagine there’s probably a solid upcharge for those fabrics

Last edited:

Enzo Custom

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It’s a complex answer that boils down to what you need and how your evaluating ‘value’

If you have an odd shape or are tough to fit off the rack, it’s probably worth it to go custom. If you have a very specific look your going (i.e. patch pockets on a double breasted peak lapel jacket) then it’s probably worth it.

There are arguably places like suitsupply that will deliver better construction, styling, and fabric for less money through sheer economies of scale...if the sizing works for you or it’s what your looking. It’s one of those things where if you have a OTR friendly frame, you can probably get 80-90% of the way to a great suit for $1K or under, 90-95% of the way there for a MTM suit for prob $1-2K a full canvas mainline fabric like VBC or LP, or 98-100% of the way there for bespoke piece st $3.5-8K with top of the line fabrics.

I believe enzos offers the standard MtM fabric options like VBC, Holland and Sherry, Loren Piana, Dormieul and some others, but I imagine there’s probably a solid upcharge for those fabrics

@felixiium I would agree with @classicalthunde in his first two statements. I would however say that we and other custom clothing operations deliver better construction and fabric than Suitsupply at a better value. It is expensive to send garments to staffed stores, have them tried on over and over, and potentially damaged by returns, bad alterations, or just sun damage from display. There is an extremely high markup on OTR goods - for these reasons, and because they have to order more than they'll sell, discount items and account for returns.

We offer standard fabrics like our house line, and we also have our own fabric line called Enzo Sartori - which features super 130s, super 150s, and super 180s in a 2-ply - all at between $695 and $1195. We do offer cut lengths of mills like Loro Piana, Ermenegildo Zegna and VBC. But as mentioned previously in the thread, because we are also a fabric distributor, we enjoy a lower price on these fabrics than many of our competitors - leading to lower prices for our clients.

It may be one of those "don't knock it til you try it" debates. I have many clients who believe they are an OTR fit, until they get into a conversation with a clothier and find out about reduced armholes, perfect coat lengths, and individual shoulder slopes.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
I wanted to add that the pictures I recently posted were not a great representation of the final fit from my Enzo orders.

I forgot to note that those jackets were made from an adjusted profile (essentially new measurements due to some increased muscle mass) and I had yet to go back for a 2nd fitting to dial those in further. I'll post an update when I get those back, and still owe you guys pics of some of my other pieces.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why, yes, there is. We're doing $50 off your first custom order with us using code SF50. Just mention Styleforum at your appointment!

Thank you!

thats great to hear!...thanks..I live local..

are there any restrictions on the offer?...like if I just start w/ one shirt or one pant or one suit order?

Last edited:

Enzo Custom

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
thats great to hear!...thanks..I live local..

are there any restrictions on the offer?...like if I just start w/ one shirt or one pant or one suit order?

Only restrictions are that you need to be a new client and ordering a custom garment - whether shirt, pant, suit, jacket. (No discount off of our accessories.) Hope this helps!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads