• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
MTO Enzo Bonafe 3672 mod. in Inca 6127 leather on the 74945 last.

These look great!

Any feedback on my previously posted question about this particular last? I'm considering 2 models, a chukka and an oxford, so it would be appreciated.

Meyboom

Reaction score
These look great!

Any feedback on my previously posted question about this particular last? I'm considering 2 models, a chukka and an oxford, so it would be appreciated.
Thank you. From your reference lasts I can only compare to Loake Capital. 74945 is slightly shorter and narrower than Capital, while the instep is slightly higher. I take both in 8uk and they both fit me well. 74945 fits very similar to Carmina Forest but with a higher instep.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Lovely texture
Thank you. Oxfords in textured leather are a rare thing because this type of leather is usually associated with more casual styles eg derbies or boots. I personally think that leathers with a subtle grain (inca grain, alpine grain, hatch grain) add some sophistication to an otherwise formal style of shoe.

Immorta

Reaction score
I currently wear Carlos Santos (lasts 234 and 384) in size 5.5 UK. Which size should I purchase for Enzo Bonafe 74945 last (oxford shoes)?

I notice that some people purchase the same size, while others purchase 0.5 size up from their Carlos Santos size.

Thanks.

Meyboom

Reaction score
I currently wear Carlos Santos (lasts 234 and 384) in size 5.5 UK. Which size should I purchase for Enzo Bonafe 74945 last (oxford shoes)?

I notice that some people purchase the same size, while others purchase 0.5 size up from their Carlos Santos size.

Thanks.
How does the CS 234 fit you? What are your feet like, slim or wide, high or low instep, ...?

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. From your reference lasts I can only compare to Loake Capital. 74945 is slightly shorter and narrower than Capital, while the instep is slightly higher. I take both in 8uk and they both fit me well. 74945 fits very similar to Carmina Forest but with a higher instep.

I've been searching for a brown punch cap, albeit in a dark and smooth calf, and thanks to you I now have a Bonafe style number. However, my only Bonafes are the 804 in an oxford and a NST on the 363 (mod), both in UK 9.5. I have a high instep and am usually in a US E width. However, I have two C&J's on the 325 in UK 10E that fit great.

So, if I were to mimic your punch cap on the 74945, I wonder if I should move up to a UK10? Unfortunately, my only Carmina is a LWB on Detroit (9.5) so that isn't much help. Oxfords are so unforgiving of us with high insteps.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

I wear them in the same size (EB chukka boots - CS 234 oxfords). I think it depends on how they fit you and your instep.

Immorta

Reaction score
How does the CS 234 fit you? What are your feet like, slim or wide, high or low instep, ...?

I actually wear 6 UK in last 234 with an insole (because it fits big on me - loose with heel slippage). So, I stated that I wear size 5.5 UK.

For size 6UK in last 234 with Saphir anatomic insole, the shoes fits really well on me. Not tight/Not loose. My feet have a normal instep with tapered/narrow heel.

Meyboom

Reaction score
I've been searching for a brown punch cap, albeit in a dark and smooth calf, and thanks to you I now have a Bonafe style number. However, my only Bonafes are the 804 in an oxford and a NST on the 363 (mod), both in UK 9.5. I have a high instep and am usually in a US E width. However, I have two C&J's on the 325 in UK 10E that fit great.

So, if I were to mimic your punch cap on the 74945, I wonder if I should move up to a UK10? Unfortunately, my only Carmina is a LWB on Detroit (9.5) so that isn't much help. Oxfords are so unforgiving of us with high insteps.
Sizing advise is always tricky. If you take the same size in 363 and 804 I suppose the 804 fits quite large/long? 363 is slightly shorter and quite a bit wider than 74945. So I would recommend to take 9.5uk in 74945 as well unless you have wider feet. I also have a high instep but I find all EB lasts are very accomodating for high insteps.

Meyboom

Reaction score
I actually wear 6 UK in last 234 with an insole (because it fits big on me - loose with heel slippage). So, I stated that I wear size 5.5 UK.

For size 6UK in last 234 with Saphir anatomic insole, the shoes fits really well on me. Not tight/Not loose. My feet have a normal instep with tapered/narrow heel.
I find the 234 last fits quite large indeed, so I think 6uk for the 74945 last would be a good fit for you.

Immorta

Reaction score
I find the 234 last fits quite large indeed, so I think 6uk for the 74945 last would be a good fit for you.

Thanks for your advice. So, you think going down to 5.5 UK would be too small? Because I heard the instep for 74945 is high and the heel fits a bit roomy.

I also find Barker shoes in size 6 UK slightly large as well. I have to wear a thin insole for it to fit properly.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Meyboom

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. So, you think going down to 5.5 UK would be too small? Because I heard the instep for 74945 is high and the heel fits a bit roomy.

I also find Barker shoes in size 6 UK slightly large as well. I have to wear a thin insole for it to fit properly.

Thanks again.
I can only compare to CS 234. Length and width wise I can wear 234 in size 7.5uk. I would never fit in 7.5uk on the 74945 last. But instep is definitely higher on the 74945, never had issues with the heel. Of course fit is a highly personal thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads