• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Oooo. This pair i have never tried though so i am vindicated. Btw, Lusso Tailors were their name before they changed it to Seamless Bespoke (about 2 years ago) so Enzo did make for the same shop. As this is from Lusso days, it is definitely an older pair which was probably why it was put on sale. Hope you got it at a good discount.

On to the creasing. I think aside from it being tried on the larger reason is the actual leather used for the construction of the shoe. Leather is funny.... and I still haven't grasped why the best and highest grades of leather (which i assume and expect that Enzo uses) can still crease in a not so flattering manner. Same holds true for other legendary makers. I suppose leather being leather (a natural material) has many factors that could cause some to be better than others. Which is why i now make it a point to buy shoes only in person now. There is too much risk in buying online and i have learnt my lesson many times from getting burnt purchasing shoes via the net, either the fit is not right or the style is just a little off etc.

For comparison and as an example, i have a new pair of Aurum Meccariello black cap toes and the vamp is creasing like crazy after just two wears, much more so than a pair of Trickers that i bought for about a quarter the price and have worn more than 100 times. My two cents is to buy from brick and mortar and see the item before committing in the future. It will save you the headache.

Below some picts of super old rainy day "beat up" Trickers captoes vs my brand new captoe Meccariellos for reference.

Attachments

• Meccariello.jpg
    Meccariello.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Trickers.jpg
    Trickers.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 141

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
I also remember reading this from Shoe Snob a long long time ago. Managed to find the link. Hopefully his perspective helps ease your buyer's remorse.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure. Unfortunately (?), I already cleaned and polished them, so the pictures are of the vastly improved pair. I still think they are not acceptable. Also, I apologize for the lack of natural light. It is 12 AM.

First is the worse-off shoe. The first picture shows that it comes from 'Lusso Clothiers', which surprises me, as I would have thought the shoes would be made for Seamless Bespoke. The other pictures are of the vamp and sides. Third picture shows discoloration on the vamp. Last picture shows the substantial creasing from multiple try-ons. The quarters and counter are mostly okay on both shoes.

The other shoe faired a good bit better, except for the sole for some reason. Second image shows minor discoloration at intersection of vamp and bottom eyelets.

Oh man, I saw this pair on their website and avoided them because the pictures they used looked off... almost out of proportion. I wonder if that's the same pair they used for the pics.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow what’s the full spec?

74945 last with feathering at the ball, full boot in Horween #4, with hatch grained shaft, Vibram sole.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a convenience fee for people less engaged in shoes probably
You’re likely not wrong, but, man, that’s nearly 3x the cost of RTW and 2x a one off MTO.
I suppose if you’ve got enough money, another $700 or so doesn’t really matter, but it would kill me knowing the briefest of google searches could save me that much.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emails to Solegarb's address are getting bounced back undeliverable, is there another way to contact Lorenzo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads