• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jayvee

Reaction score
173 and 375 are quite close to Tricker's lasts, but the toe box is bulbous on the 375. The 173is pretty close to Tricker's, I think.

I could take a picture later on with a 10 in 4444 and in 173
That would be great thanks. Too late to change mine, they’re on the 363mod but that’s great too.

dangerous

Reaction score
That would be great thanks. Too late to change mine, they’re on the 363mod but that’s great too.

I can get them next to each other, but here's a pair of Stows (10.5):

8Ipp24s.jpg

and 173 last:

WrosDAX.jpg

Bourtons in 10:
GJ6j1NE.jpg

dangerous

Reaction score
Thanks, yes they look quite similar. Not much info online on the 173 last I think it’s a bit of a mystery last. Do you know if it’s similar to the 363mod?

I think 173 fits around 0.25 larger than the 363MOD. I think it's a tiny bit wider and shorter. If I get to Skoaktiebolaget I can take some pictures of them if they still have any of the unlined chukkas in 173 last left.

Here's a sizing chart:

https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/pages/last-comparisons

jayvee

Reaction score
I am planning a winter boot MTO and haven’t decided what leather to use yet. My criteria is tough enough to deal with the rigours of snow and ice. Thick and heavy weight, no upcharge or very small and of a brown hue with interesting grain if possible. Any suggestions?

gmehra

Reaction score
I am planning a winter boot MTO and haven’t decided what leather to use yet. My criteria is tough enough to deal with the rigours of snow and ice. Thick and heavy weight, no upcharge or very small and of a brown hue with interesting grain if possible. Any suggestions?
scotchgrain or inca grain would work

patrickngai

Reaction score
[GMTO interest thread] - Enzo Bonafe Color 16 Shell Cordovan Derby Jumper boots

Hey all,

This is a repost from a r/goodyearwelt post I made on this GMTO. I would like to extend this GMTO to style forum and see how many people we can get on the GMTO. We are currently on 3 interested parties on GYW. We are leaning towards a double leather sole on this make up (probably JR). Onto the post:

I’m getting married at the start of next year and I want to wear a boots specially made for the occasion. After reading u/retro_falcon review on his color 16 boots, I thought it would be cool to have a jumper boot in the same shell (u/retro_falcon color 16 NST boot ). I talked to Lorenzo, and he said that it would age similarly to color 8 and dark cognac.

This is u/retro_falcon description of the colour: “This color 16 is something else. Its almost black in all lights except when its next to black you can see its a dark, dark, dark brown with some cherry undertones in it. Pictures dont really do it justice. The color is very uniform throughout the boot. The pebble grain shaft is awesome adds some nice contrast boot. All the leather is just perfect.”

I think this jumper boot would be a timeless classic, and it will be very interesting to see the colour change from a dark cherry brown to possibly a colour 8 and then a cognac brown. I think it would also be nice for my wedding to have a super dark almost black shoe, but to also have it age later to a lighter brown.

The proposed make up would be the following:

• Last: 363 mod

• 5 brass eyelid and 4 brass speedhooks.

• Dainite or leather sole (I’m up for discussion on this).

• Pricing: 1095 USD. There might be a further discount if we get more people.

• Shipping: Working it out with Lorenzo. Currently 70 USD to Australia where I live, but it was free for all US clients in past GMTO's.
I believe we need at least 4 people on this GMTO judging by past GMTO’s but I will check with Lorenzo just in case. If you are interested, drop a comment down below. If you would like to suggests some changes as well, please also comment. Let’s see if we can get this GMTO through.

Thanks all :)

djdanniedee

Reaction score
1 of my fav designs and boots overall! I remember asking and almost begging Skoak to run the GMTO a couple of years ago. Best of luck on this getting the go ahead :cheers:

Enzo Bonafe Hunter Boot GMTO now available at Skoak - please support
View attachment 1188127

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jayvee

Reaction score
That EB mahogany is to die for!

It is, and the boots have worked out great. I had a crisis of confidence a couple of weeks ago and tried to get the last changed to 173 but it was too late. (I have an aversion to even slightly pointy shoes). Happy to report these are ‘just right’.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads