• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are they tight?
I hadn’t gotten a chance to wear them around until today, wfh and all. It’s just the right foot, my bigger foot. Overall, it takes up more volume and oddly, there is some light snugness at the tip of the 2nd to last toe.

I’m not sure if I should ask them to feather the toe box or see if they have a wide version, although it’s only the toe box. I’m just not sure which I’ll be more satisfied with.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hadn’t gotten a chance to wear them around until today, wfh and all. It’s just the right foot, my bigger foot. Overall, it takes up more volume and oddly, there is some light snugness at the tip of the 2nd to last toe.

I’m not sure if I should ask them to feather the toe box or see if they have a wide version, although it’s only the toe box. I’m just not sure which I’ll be more satisfied with.
Just know a wide version, if available, will add more volume and a bigger heel as well

ErikDg

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there’s a wide 363MOD last?

I have the regular width 363MOD and I can’t wear thick socks w them.
Actually the 363mod last is a wider version of the original 363 last. "mod" is because it´s modified with extra width while the length and voulme around the instep are the same as the original. But can be feathered off course.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually the 363mod last is a wider version of the original 363 last. "mod" is because it´s modified with extra width while the length and voulme around the instep are the same as the original. But can be feathered off course.
Ahhh I knew the 363MOD was based off the 363 last, but I didn’t think anything else beyond that lol. Thank you Erik!

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Balways in Armagnac hatch shell…

96DAACB9-613A-448A-ACBD-94D5CB96BE54.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Is there an EB b/s/t thread? Looking to buy or trade for a pair of 9s for an extended trial, if you will, before doing a custom order. Have had some fitting errors in the past with EB but my feet have changed since.

mdjd

Reaction score
Can anyone who has a size 9 on the 946 last do me a favor and measure the length in cm?
(How is that measurement taken, by the way? Just from back edge of the sole to the toe edge?)

I just received a beautiful pair of size 9 on the 946, but I've read it's a true to size last and this one is pretty short. It's shorter than a Carlos Santos 8.5uk that I have, and shorter than my Allen Edmonds 9.5UD, and miles shorter than the Crockett Jones 8.5. The EB 9 seems the same size as a Carlos Santos 8 I have. ?????

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads