• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

knappabn

Reaction score
I have a few pair of EB in 10.5UK up for grabs, link in my signature.

lucci

Reaction score
MAISON KOLY X ENZO BONAFE BALZAC II
PLUM MUSEUM & SUEDE CROCODILE

IMG_1021.png
IMG_1028.png
IMG_1026.png

letsgofire

Reaction score
The Enzo Bonafe stockist website doesn’t appear to be up to date. Does anyone know where in Italy sells Enzo Bonafe in store?

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These turned out really well! Love the ridgeway sole too!
Thank you and they definitely did! I asked for a light brown welt and it definitely looks great in contrast with the ridgeway.
I couldn’t agree more, other than shell, tarnsjo is my favorite leather.
Tärsnjö leather is what caused my appreciation for tumbled leather, but it's definitely a favorite. I wonder why the tannery is underutilized...

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Enzo Bonafe stockist website doesn’t appear to be up to date. Does anyone know where in Italy sells Enzo Bonafe in store?
Oddly, I've discovered Bonafè stockist by stalking their Instagram account and utilizing hashtags, hopes this helps.

dangerous

Reaction score
Tärsnjö leather is what caused my appreciation for tumbled leather, but it's definitely a favorite. I wonder why the tannery is underutilized...

It's a really small tannery in Sweden; the reason it is used by Skoaktiebolaget is because it's local. There's no big players using it, and I don't really think they can support that market anyway. They produce some small stuff under their in-house brand, but in general it's just selling leather.

They made saddles from the beginning, and now, or at least 2017, had 40 employees. Swedish workers get paid better than most countries, so theres a cost involved in it too, so expanding will be rough.

Horween had 160 employees according to some article from 2012.

On the other hand - is Tärnsjö luxurious enough to compete with larger tanneries? I think so - the quality is outstanding - but to the normal hand, Tärnsjö just looks like any run-to-the-mill-leather.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a really small tannery in Sweden; the reason it is used by Skoaktiebolaget is because it's local. There's no big players using it, and I don't really think they can support that market anyway. They produce some small stuff under their in-house brand, but in general it's just selling leather.

They made saddles from the beginning, and now, or at least 2017, had 40 employees. Swedish workers get paid better than most countries, so theres a cost involved in it too, so expanding will be rough.

Horween had 160 employees according to some article from 2012.

On the other hand - is Tärnsjö luxurious enough to compete with larger tanneries? I think so - the quality is outstanding - but to the normal hand, Tärnsjö just looks like any run-to-the-mill-leather.
I wasn't aware they were that small of a tannery, yet they're almost non-existent in comparison to other small tanneries that have some sort of presence in this niche. I was aware they're local to Skoak and figured that's the reason why they continuously have Tärsnjö offerings, and quickly realize they focus on leather goods than leather footwear. Other than that, I figured Tärnsjö is centric on leather goods, but I figured someone here might know more about why.

The majority of high-quality leathers aren't discernible to normal people, often normal people think embossed leathers are some kind of pleather and can't decipher the difference between cheap/fake suede and Janus calf. So that doesn't even matter.
I should clarify; normal people aren’t fixated on the leather uppers and most likely don’t purchase the kind of footwear like majority of SF members.

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware they were that small of a tannery, yet they're almost non-existent in comparison to other small tanneries that have some sort of presence in this niche. I was aware they're local to Skoak and figured that's the reason why they continuously have Tärsnjö offerings, and quickly realize they focus on leather goods than leather footwear. Other than that, I figured Tärnsjö is centric on leather goods, but I figured someone here might know more about why.

The majority of high-quality leathers aren't discernible to normal people, often normal people think embossed leathers are some kind of pleather and can't decipher the difference between cheap/fake suede and Janus calf. So that doesn't even matter.
I should clarify; normal people aren’t fixated on the leather uppers and most likely don’t purchase the kind of footwear like majority of SF members.
Yeah I think the key take away here is in terms of the market, in spite of many participants hubris in terms of a view of their influence, SF members actual influence on the market is a mere blip. I wish more people did appreciate the leather though, it would make more choices available. I have a pair from Vass that I absolutely love. Whenever I wear them, I marvel at the leathers characteristics. That whole thing with me mesmerized by the leather though, definitely not normal. :bounce2:

7EB66C69-4B4F-4A72-9C94-56C06DBE13C9.jpeg

lucci

Reaction score
I don’t know, I’m so in love with ridgeway soles. They last a lifetime and you can go anywhere with it. Anyway, they can be done with any type of soles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads